1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

World's Finest RPG Green Lantern RPG

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by redDragon, Jan 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rapper

rapper Look at me eye to eye

OOC:
    This is what my costume looks like

[​IMG]

My Dark Lantern does not have that face and toes :D
    The ebon scythe is his primary weapon used for the green lanterns which can be formed and deformed at will.

2. The Detective

The Detective Active Member

OOC: I reconize that pic. It's from the DC comics web site secret files isn't it?

3. rapper

OOC:
    Yes it is thanks for the info

4. Condiment King

Condiment King custom user title

IC
    Rob Christenson
    10:33 AM

From here, it looks like 20 or 30 of these guys.

"We are the Fraeka galaxy peacekeeping unit. You have been sited on unchartered planet, Oa. Leave the planet immediately."

We all look at each other; I smile. Then, we begin to attack, ripping through their shields....trying hard not to.....kill them?

I see advanced circurity and wiring inside their bodies, as I rip one apart.

"They are........robots?" I say.

"Apparently they are," Yamato retorts, "Show no mercy."

We take it to another level, and tired and exhaused, they are finally wiped out. The ground became filled with giant, metallic bodies.

As we all stop to catch our breath, I see something in the distance. At first, I think its more peacekeeping units, but as they come into focus, I see them. They are in an all green uniform with a shield, and a black GL emblem on their right shoulders. They approach us.

"We have come in the name of the lord and master. He has decreed that you must be destroyed. Do not struggle."

"C'mon, *breaths*, guys. We can do...." I say panting.

But it is too late, they zap me with a beam that has to be seaming with electricity. After a few convulsions, I drop like a fly to the ground. In a slight glimspe, I see that Yamato, Jamar, and Velin have done also. Then, everything goes black.

5. The Detective

IC: Val Jamar
    10:30 AM

Where do these guys come off trying to say they're a "peace keeping" unit. They're probaly a smugglers army built to get rid of guys like us. Oh well so what if they is thirty of them, we should be able to take them. We charge through the middle of them ripping their shields apart. As Christenson rips through one circuitry and wiring falls out.

"They're.......robots?" He mutters.

"Apperently so,"Yamato reports, "Show no mercy."

Just what I've been waiting for. I create a chain scythe and rip through the middle of them sending robot parts everywhere. I look over at Velin who's firing laser blasts all over the place.

"I think that is the last of them." Yamato reports.

"Oh gret more bozos coming."

We all look at who Velin is pointing at. Green Uniforms with a shield, and a black...lantern symbol on their shoulder?

"We have come in the name of the lord and master. He has decreed that you must be destroyed. Do not struggle."

Panting Christenson mutters something. At the same time they fire a black beam seething with electricitry at him. He shakes with convulsions for a second before dropping to the ground.

Velin and Yamato soar into the air and start firing blasts. As he rises upwards Yamato turns to me. "Wathc Christenson. We'll take care of these guys."

Whatever he says. I create lean down beside Christenson and create a force bubble. I look at these Black Lantern guys. One of them is holding some kind of sensor towards Velin.

"Weakness identified." A few seconds later one of them points a black ring at Velin and a diamond cage shoots at him. He drops to the ground screaming. Yamato gets the same treatment and in a few seconds wood spears at shooting all over the place at him.

I hold my ring to my forehead. I concetrate for a moment, sending a using the ring to send a telephathic message.

Yamato?

You're a telepath?

No, I'm using the ring. With your mental bond with the ring can your control it even at great distances?

Yes.

Send your ring as far as you can. I'll create a dummy one to fit over you finger. They won't know the difference.

This better work.

A great way to end things. I leave a force bubble around Rob and fly off. Out of the corner of my eye I see Yamato ascend to the ground. I create a dummy ring around his finger. To distract these guys while he sends the ring away I dive right at them. In a few seconds a beam like the one that hit Rob envelops me. As I drop to the ground I see the same happen to Yamato. Now all I can hope is that he can regain consciousness later and control his ring.

6. rapper

IC: Dark Lantern
    10:45 AM

The nerdy being approaches the throne carrying some computer printouts. He kneels in front that almost made his forehead touch the ground.

“Arise” I said to him and he quickly stand up to follow my orders

“Master, the reports from planet Gera has come in and says victory is in their grasp. Another report from the team you sent to planet Oa and said they have captured the beings that possess the green lantern ring and they are on route here.” The assistant reported as he read the papers in his hands.

“Good, tell them to remove their rings and send them before me when they arrive.”

“Yes master”

The assistant made a quick bow and exited the room quickly. I will destroy all the legacy of the guardians and I will rule.

“Is the pulsar on schedule?” I ask him

It takes a few seconds for the assistant to rummage through the bunch of papers in his hands to look for the data he needed, “Yes master. We predicted the event to occur in one weeks time.”

“Have you found a way to collapse a star turning it to a black hole?”

“Yes master, we have developed a type of bomb that we could put in the center of a star that will generate a massive gravitational field that can collapse the star on itself. We call it the imploder.”

“How much time do you need to make such device?”

“We would need five days to make a prototype for testing master.”

“You have three days to make the prototype and ready for testing.”

“But master,”

I rise from my throne and point the ring to the pitiful creature. A black ray comes forth from the ring and forms a claw that grips the assistant’s neck.

“I said three days.” And I lift him from the ground by his neck.

“Y-yes master.” He manages to say before I withdraw and sending him crashing to the ground.

He quickly scampers away to do his bidding before he do anything else to him.

Soon my hold in this universe will be sealed.

7. The Detective

OOC: This RPG is about as dead as it gets. Oh well here goes nothing.

11:00
    Slowly I pry my eye lids open, disconnected images appearing before me. I shake my head trying to make sense of where I am. Agonizing slow my vision returns and I regain me senses. But one question instantly comes to mind. Where am I?

"Jamar? You awake?"

I turn my head towards the voice. At last I figure out that I'm in a space craft of some kind. Me and the rest of the Green Lanterns are chained to the wall. I turn to the one who posed me the question, Yamato.

"I've felt worse. Course I been better too."

Rob, seeing that we're all awake tales his turn at a question. "Does anyone know where we are?"

Velin of course gives a polite reply. "Don't look at me you guys are supposed to know it all."

"Shut up Velin." I had to say that. Yamato gives me one of those "now isn't the time" looks. I lean over a bit to whispering Yamato's ear. "Do you still have you ring?"

"Of course. I have it following this vessel at about four hundred meters."

"Have it send an image of this ship to my mind. I should be able to recognize it and tell where we are going."

"If you say so. Close your eyes."

I obey and close my eyes. Within seconds an image of the exterior of the vessel appears in my mind. It's black. We're moving through space rapidly. We've obviously left Oa far behind. The engines are incredible. I don't think I've ever seen anything like them. And the weapon turrets would make a Fleet Cruiser jealous. I've seen enough. I break off the image.

Opening my eyes I come back to the dirty world of the prison hold we're in. I shake my head trying to focus my thoughts. I'm still rather light headed from the shock blast they hit me with.

"Well?"

I look at the three faces looking at me. Well, I have to tell them something. "I've never seen anything like it. The engines are more powerful than anything I've ever seen. It has a hyper drive engine like I nothing imaginable. It is painted black with a strange symbol I'm not sure how to describe it looked like, a black lantern like the ones the guards that captured us had."

Rob looks thoughtful. After a moment or two he speaks. "Well guys I don't now anything for sure but…"

At that moment the ship abruptly lurks back sending us all flat against that walls. Velin of course has a remark all ready to go.

"Well Jamar you're the expert space pilot what was that."

I feel like saying something not so nice but Yamato is giving me that look again. "I think we're going to hyper drive. Which isn't good."

"And why not?" Velin mocks.

Ignoring him I turn back to Yamato. "When we go to hyper drive the sudden jump forward will be so abrupt and fast your mind won't be able to keep the ring following."

"Is there any way to keep it following? Without that ring.."

"There is one way. When we jump to hyper drive the engines will create a small vacuum that will suck in all the small space debris and other small items within a few feet. The vacuum will remain until the hyper drive is cut off."

"So you're saying that if I draw the ring in close enough it will be caught in the vacuum?"

Before I can reply the ship lurches forward then I can feel a familiar vibration. "Hurry, we're about to kick over."

He nods and closes his eyes. Within a few seconds there's a sudden lurch and the ship flies forward. We all feel a sudden sensation of movement then none at all as the ship successfully settles in to hyper drive. I give Yamato a questioning look. He merely nods. Might as well settle in we could be in for a long journey. I wonder where we're going?

8. Condiment King

After quite a while in the spaceship, everyone becomes anxious. After awhile a brief escape plan is comprised by Jamar and Yamato. Zelin chimes in every once in a while, while I just sit in space. The plan. I must put it into action sooner than I expected.

After a brief wait, in which a guard came to check on us, we overheard that our sector would have to be less guarded due to shortages in personnel and there was apparently some sort of disturbance on the other side of the wing we were in.

Yamato and Jamar get up and Zelin takes his place. They had all explained my position in their tactic to escape, but I wasn't really paying much attention to it. After all, in the end, it would all be for naught.

Yamato commands his ring from who knows where to break these chains and we are all free. Then the three jump over the railing and begin to attack the guards. Jamar creates some sort of nerve gas. Shoot, they seem to be overtaking them. I thought that perhaps I wouldn't have to do this.

The last guard is sedated and Yamato begins to work on the ship's coordinates. Jamar comes over to me.

"GREAT! We did it! Hey, maybe this Corps thing will work out after all, huh?" Jamar exclaims. I only nod.

Yamato grins and turns to me, "Well, where to? Where are we going first?"

"We aren't going anywhere, friend."

After that statement, I blast Yamato, knocking the old agile man down. Jamar doesn't even know what to think. I sadly whip the smile off his face with a crushing blow. Zelin charges at me and I battle with Zelin for a bit. I command my ring to fire diamonds. The green diamonds take effect and Zelin is thriving on the floor screaming now.

The operative is done.

9. The Detective

OOC: :eek:

I've never been more shocked in an RPG. Man it's going to take me a bit to recover from that one. I've long given up on LM1313 showing up but I still have a faint hope that Venom and VortexInfinite will show back up.

10. Drachentöter

Drachentöter Good night. And good luck.

OoC: :eek: It's alive!

I get out of school soon, so I'll have more time to post. IN the meantime, I like the direction this has gone in.

I'm assuming the following people are inactive:

LM1313 (I blame him for the first death)

11. Cyber E.

Cyber E. Active Member

IC:
    Ambassador Suiji Yamato
    Monday, January 21st 11:07AM (Earth Time)

I awaken from my unnatural slumber. Slowly my eyes open to the screams of the remaining diamonds formed by Christenson to take hold of Velin. Jamar is simply out. Christenson no where in sight. My ring's power is very low. I use whatever is left of my energy to fire a small box to cover the diamonds blocking them from Velin. I move the box several meters away so that it won't affect him.

I watch as Velin breathes deeply and sweats like a Juknox in Cantoiin. I slowly bring myself up to me hands and knees

"Ja...Jamar, wake up."

I crawl over to Jamar and start to shake him. I slap him to try and wake him up but it has no affect. Christenson did a number on him. I turn my attention to a now alert and very angry Velin. A green arua glows around his body as he brings himself to his feet.

"Wh...ere did he..it go."

"Calm down, Velin."

"What are you talking about?! The man just tried to kill us, Yamato. He turned on us!"

"Something is wrong here, very wrong. He isn't an evil man, Velin. If he were, the ring would never have chosen him to wield it's power in the first place. Remember that, the ring chooses who is it's wielder."

"So what are you saying, what he did was right?"

"....I don't know yet, but I am sure as hell gonna find out."

-aJb

12. The Detective

I'm also assuming Rapper has left us as he has ceased to be active in any of the other RPG's he's in here or at Hero RPGS. (see signature)

Anyway I'll try and figure something out to post later. I wonder if we could pull in some new players some how?

13. redDragon

redDragon Carnivorous Beast

[color=c00000]LM1313 is currently out of the RPG for an indefinite period of time due to computer problems.[/color]

14. The Detective

So his recent hiatus from all of TZ is due to computer problems? Aw that's a tough break.

15. Condiment King

IC:
    Rob Christenson
    Monday, January 21st, 11:10AM

---

Well, thank God, its done.

"Ring, render me invisible to the others." I say.

"Your request is done." The ring squawks back.

I walk over to the main controls and navigate the ship back towards Earth. I look out of the navigation, and stare off into the atmosphere. Time and space stretches out and front of me.

I hear some muttering after awhile, but I dismiss it. My mistake. After awhile, Velin stands up and begins to recklessly kick things out of anger. Yamato tries to calm him down, while Jamar is STILL out. I smile at the job I did on him.

Yamato starts going on and on about something being strange. He eyes the place for awhile and then drills me with a blast from his power ring. While it knocked me off my feet, one thing was evident: these people didn't have power.

I take my leave from the meaningless charade of the invisibility, and begin to tap into my power. I block shots from Velin and Yamato, and put my hands at the bottom of the floor and gradually move up, creating a seemingly unendless wave of green heat. I then push out, knocking Yamato, Velin, and even the unconsious Jamar off their feet and to the very back of the ship corridor. Even I am amazed!

"You fools! The rings always come down to will, and your collective wills are nowhere equal to mine."

I send wave after wave of this green heat energy at them, burning them. Reveling in my power!

"You see, I have tapped into the true power of the ring. The true central battery. My body is merely a conduit of this energy now."

I walk towards them.

"My father wanted to be somebody. He wanted to change things. Due to human error, injustice, and pure incompetance, he did not succeed. But where he failed, I will reach TRIUMPH."

I place a bomb on the control system. Setting the clock at one minute until D time to be sporting.

"You all have one minute. This device is inside the system's control system itself. Simply destroying the device isn't going to cut it. Good luck. As for me, its about time I started on my true master plan. Pleasant seeing you all. When you see me again, you'll have all felt the impact."

And with that I take flight and leave them to their impending doom.

Life is good.

16. The Detective

Monday January 21, 11:10 AM

Slowly sight returns to my eyes as they crack open. But sight does not bring comfort. The feeling of being awake only brings the sensation of heat and pain. I force my eyes open but the burning instantly forces me to close them. I create a pair of goggles and force my eyes open again. Almost as soon as I do so I see Christenson flying off. The heatwaves abate as he does so.

"So, Yamato," Velin spits out sarcasticly. "What were you saying about Christenson not being an evil man?"

Sternly Velin looks at both of us. "We have one minute. I suggest we do not waste it bickering."

Finally I see the bomb. A BOMB?! What the hell is everyone standing around fore? I create a chain scythe and start to bring it down on the bomb but a shield stops me. I look up at Yamato, the creator of the shield.

"You were out when he set it. Destroying the bomb won't help. It's in the system itself."

"So why don't we get the hell out of here?"

Now it's my turn to speak. "I don't know if there's time Velin. We don't have much of it. If it's in the system itself then crashing the ships computers or shutting the whole system down might stop it."

At least I hope.

17. Drachentöter

IC: Zan Velin
    Monday, January 21, 11:10:35

I'm tried of listenin' to Jamar attempt to lead us when he obviously has no clue. Crash the ship's system?

"Listen, unless one of you is an expert computer hacker and hasn't let on, TOUCHIN' that system could blow us all to pieces seconds before it's supposed to!" I say.

"Well what do you propose then?" asks Jamar, annoyed.

"RUN!" I bolt through the door. "Follow me if you're smart enough!"

As I sprint, I whisper into the ring I recently acquired. "Guide me to an escape shuttle if you're so powerful."

It glows and I feel myself pulled through the maze of corridors. I can practically HEAR the ticking of the bomb in my mind. I can also hear Jamar and Yamato following.

Suddenly, I screech to a stop. I'm in front of a door which has strange writing that I hope means "escape shuttle." I blast it, it opens, and I call back, "Here! LET'S GO!"

I jump in and sit down, staring at the controls. "Gah, how do you make this thing go!?!"

Jamar and Yamato sit in the remaining chairs. The former glances at the control panel and presses a button.

"You fool!" I scream. "You don't know what that does!"

The door behind us slams shut and we're suddenly thrown backward as the shuttle blasts away at an amazing speed. We manage to see the ship collapse upon itself but soon we are too far away to see the debris.

I gasp for breath and look at Val. "How'd you guess?"

Jamar shrugs. "Standard controls. I'm a pilot, as you've pointed out."

I look at the controls. "Okay, pilot, how about makin' sense of what this computer says?"

Val can't figure out, but Yamato glances at it and says, "We're heading toward a practically lifeless system. There's only one inhabited planet in it."

"What do they call it?" Jamar asks.

"Simply...Earth."

18. Condiment King

IC: Rob Christenson
    Monday, January 21, 11:11:11

Rain.

Regardless of human actions or interference, rain is a constant. Something that you can always count on in a very independant world. Some take refuge from it. Afraid that it might ruin their plans or their possessions. Others, revel in it, just another outlet of their partying. But everyone needs it. And it never lets you down.

I was always an angry kid. So full or rage. So full of hate. If it was ever truly channeled that rage well, it could produce something GOOD. But in the mist of the emotion that goes with the hate, the mind can never really conceive that emotion. The true emotions that it takes to hate someone with all your fiber and all your being, why the feeling is so strong that a person can not randomly conceive it. It must be FORCED upon them.

I truly hate the fiber of being a Green Lantern. I despise that I ever used their base Oan rings to create my true order. I was merely a pawn of the Guardians, as were all Green Lanterns. A pawn in their corrupt little game of ordering the universe.

The Guardians may be dead, but I will at last get my final revenge on the last Oan pawns in existance, finally wiping them out. FINALLY ending this long drug out charade. This constant war has reached past its final act. Its final battle. This should have been done long ago.

Luckily, these Green Lanterns not only exude incompetance, but the one, Velin, is controlled with his anger. So alike him and me. Unfortunately, he will never realize that. Yamato is wise in his ways and his years, but I can feel his energies. I can read his thoughts. His faith in others will truly be his downfall. Jamar is the innocent one. Innocents have to fall in every military strategy possible to concieve, there is no way around it. All three of them symbolize my hatred.

This final battle will regretably be....too easy. Thank the heavens that my weak life essence was still trapped on that barren planet of Oa, or I might not have been able to control his body. Now, I feel my control of him is slipping, I must take action. I must find a fitting plain for our true armaggedon.

To Earth.

19. The Detective

OOC: NOW things are starting to rock!

Monday January 21, 11:12

I stare at this sea green jewel floating through space. Wierd, I've never seen a solar system before with only one inhabited planet. I look back at the controls and slow down our descent. If we hit the atmosphere to hard we'll bounce off like a sling shot.

I think Velin is a little irrated that I've taken the controls but I'm the only one that knows anything about flying a space craft. Though I've never seen anything like this. She handles well though, I might start to like her if I had a little time with her.

"So," Velin drawls, "does anyone have any idea just WHAT THE HELL CHRISTENSON IS UP TOO?"

I look up from the controls for a minute. "Beats me. Hey, can these things read minds?"

Yamato is staring though the window at the planet we approach. Without looking at us he replies. "Only great experience and a strong will can accomplish such a feat."

Wait a minute, I remember once on Corelis 4 we had to disable some tracking becons, I wonder..."

"Ring, track the loaction of Rob Christenson and take us there."

Slowly at first, then rapidly a green force bubble surrounds the ship and we begin to move rapidly through the atmosphere. Where I have no idea. While we are moving I take the time to look throug the weapons armory, Appears fairly basic, Servo Kenetic lasers, Disperser cannons, etc. Oh well, all we really need are the rings. But still, a little back up never hurt anything.

20. Drachentöter

IC: Zan Velin
    Monday, January 21, 11:20 AM

Jamar passes around the weapons. I look at 'em, confused. Only weapons I've seen in my life are the beat-sticks back on Tay 1. I figure I'd mimmick the others when the the time came to use 'em.

"We're about to land," calls Yamato. "Strap in!"

But I've seen somethin' in the locker that held the weapons. My eyes widen. "FOOD!" I leap onto the provisions like the hungry animal I am and begin stuffing my mouth. The stuff tastes like creature feed, but I'm grateful that it's edible.

Jamar scowls. "Don't gobble it all, glutton. We don't know if the food on this planet is edible. Those provisions are for all of us."

I manage a muffled "screw you" through a mouthful of provisions and continue feeding.

Suddenly, I feel a jolt and I'm thrown backwards. Out of surprise, I drop the bag right before I hit my head on the hatch. I swear loudly as the other two chuckle.

"I told you to strap in," said Yamato.

"Laugh it up, remember I still got this...thing-amabob." I raise the weapon half-heartedly.

They laugh harder and wave their own smugly. "Anyway, we're here," says Jamar. "Let's go find Christenson." He looks at his ring and I see anger flash in his eyes.

"Wait," says Suiji. "It's not a good idea to scare the natives with our...machinery." He places his ring to his blaster-thing and it disappears, as if sucked into it.

Val Jamar grins. "Good idea," he says and does the same. I follow, reluctantly. I know I'd feel more secure if I had something by my side that made it clear that messing with me would be a bad idea.

We walk out and look around. Everywhere I see there's trash and broken junk. This planet looks as filthy as Tay 1. But at least the sky is brighter and less of a...ugly, yellowish tint. That doesn't stop me from commenting, "What a dump."

"Actually," says Yamato. "That's probably exactly what it is. We've landed in some sort of waste disposal facility."

"Lucky us," I growl. "That's a fine indicator of what's to come."

"It is pretty lucky, come to think," says Val. "No witnesses. Let's just hope no one notices the big shuttle." His ring glows. "This way, follow me."

After a few minutes of walking, I see signs of life. Lots of 'em. Hundreds of people walking through the city, intent on whatever their business is. Not one of them dresses alike. Some look so strange that I wonder if they are of the same species. No wonder we're not attracting too much attention. As I look at the buildings, I see symbols that I don't recognize.

"Hey, old man," I whisper at Yamato. "Do these people speak common?"

Yamato, apparently unphased at being called "old man" responds, "No, apparently not. Hey, Jamar, do you think the rings can translate for us?"

Val pauses. "Worth a shot," he says. And he whispers something to his ring. Yamato concentrates.

I look down on my own ring. "Dictionary, too, huh?"

When I look up, I can read everything. Some words are still foreign, but at least I get the general gist of things. Suddenly, I catch a whiff of something in the air. I look in the direction of the smell and see a small stand with a fat man giving some type of meat to a customer. The sign above him reads "Hot Dogs."

I grin. The dog is an excellent delicacy on Tay 1. "Hey," I tell the others. "Hold on, I'm gonna get us some grub!"

I walk up to the stand. "Give me three dogs," I order.

The fat man looks at me, as if he were better than me. I notice his moustache is dirty. "Seven-fifty, Mr. Tights," he finally says.

Of course. Everyone wants money. But I didn't survive on Tay 1 by paying for food.

I smirk and point my ring below the stand. Without breaking eye contact I shoot a beam and set the bottom of it on fire.

"Hey, pally, I think your dogs are burnin'," I say.

The man looks down and screams. He screams obscenities that even my ring can't translate. While he's occupied, I swipe the hot dogs on the counter and run back to the other Lanterns.

"One for each," I say produly, and hand them the dogs in buns.

Yamato shakes his head. Jamar tries to hide a grin by stuffing the food into his mouth. "Come on, Christenson's this way..."

The sky has suddenly become darker. I look up, alarmed. "What happened? Has Rob found us?"

"Nah," says Yamato. "Looks like rain."

I raise my eyebrow. "What the hell is rain?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.