1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

World's Finest RPG Green Lantern RPG

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by redDragon, Jan 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyber E.

Cyber E. Active Member

OOC : Come on people, post for God's Sake!

IC :
    Ambassador Suiji Yamato
    Monday, January 21st, 9:10AM

I lay on the ground, knocked out for about 6 minutes. My mind is awake and aware but my body is unable to even open my eyes. Aside from the regular one, an extra voice in my head starts to talk in a odd language.

"Argh, why....why can't I move?"

"Your body is in a current state of shock, the affects of the Power Ring of Oa with your Sama heritage has caused some conflict."

"Wha! Who said that?"

"I am the Spirit of the Ring, once the shock wears off our minds will become one in the same. The Green Lantern Corps have fallen, a select number of rings were created as a final effort to help the universe against the evil forces that lurk. You...We must travel to Planet Oa."

"Wait, I am not sure I can do this"

"The decision is no longeryour choice, Suiji. You must do it for it is your destiny."

"But..."

I suddenly awaken from my "nap", my head pounding and my body feels like it just hit an Asteroid. My mind however feels different but not in a bad way. I stand up and look down at my body....what the? My clothes have changed into a Green Lantern outfit. Then what the ring said must be true. "I don't have any time to tryout my new powers, I know enough about how the ring works.....just not sure how to fly..!" Suddenly I float off the ground into the air, my ring points up ino the sky and then shoots me up.

Space embraces me as I fly at great speed to where the ring is taking me. I have not been in space since I came to earth over 80 years ago. The blackness would scare many but not me, I love it. My head starts to hurt alittle as I pass by a red planet, most likely Mars. Then all of my previous thoughts disappear...The Ring and My Mind are the same...

2. Drachentöter

Drachentöter Good night. And good luck.

IC: Zan Velin 8:35 AM Earth Time

BOOM!

I'm thrown clear from the catchers only to find myself heading into a wall of flames. Suddenly, the ring glows brightly, shielding me from the heat and propellng me away from the fire. I land on the ground and tumble until I'm facin' the disaster site. I can see nothin' but fire.

Landebar and his catchers! The people who live in that building! They'll be burned to a crisp, I realize.

As my mind racees, strugglin' for a decision, my robo-eyes start workin' as if of their own volition. I suddenly realize I can see much better than ever before when using my x-ray power. I see the catchers sprawled in a circle of flames and scattered around are the residents of the building. The ring seems to tug at my finger, tellin' me to do something.

I narrow my eyes. "A'ight, ring, let's see what you can do."

I push with my mind and I see a barrier of green crash into the wall of fire. The flames sail harmlessly into empty air, held up by my power. The barrier absorbs Landebark, his goons, and the civillians and I pull back. As the barrier, pushing the people towards me, returns, the fire roars back as if mad that its prey has escaped.

All those I rescued are unconscious. I watch the fire burn at the building and see that it can still spread. I feel the tug again and it directs me toward the ground. Focusing, I see below the pavement and can see the runnin' waters of an underground river.

"Talk about luck," I say as I am right at the edge of the fire. I fire my ring and it drills into the ground, spewin' rock and granite everywhere. Then, I hit paydirt, or rather paywater, as a geyser of water rises and puts down the flames.

I continue to drill, making more geysers. They surround the fire, cutting its life short. Pretty soon all there is is smoke and mist. I breathe a sigh of relief and lower my below eye level. Starin' down at my ring, I say, "Why do I think sellin' you would be a bad idea?"

The tug again. It pulls toward the sky. "What?" I ask. "You can fly too?"

I hear the whine of sirens. A disaster squad is headin' my way. And I don't wanna answer any questions. "Sure, why not? Let's fly." I jump into the air and I feel the ring lift me higher than I've ever been. I'm soarin' above the rooftops and I'm lovin' every minute of this.

I laugh. "I could get used to this!" Spying down, magnifying with my eyes a bit, I see a street vendor asleep at his cart. In fact, it's the same street vendor I stole the loaf of bread from. No sense leaving things undone, I think. I aim with my ring and send a kind of rope to grab another piece of bread. It rises into the air and into my hand.

"Sweet!" I take a huge bite and sigh in pleasure. It does taste better after such an effort.

It is time, I heard.

"Wha?--Hey!" The pull is much stronger now and it changes the direction of my flight. I'm goin' straight up, into the atmosphere. "What is this? This wasn't part of the deal! I DIDN'T EVEN SIGN ANYTHIN'"

The ring protects me as I blow past the ozone layer at an incredibly speed. I find myself in space, blastin' by planets and stars and nebulas and all that stuff I'd only seen on a vid-screen.

"Whoa...." I snap out of my amazement. "Hey! At least have the decency of telling me where we're going!"

A word is tossed into my mind, but I can't quite grasp it. "Lana? Skoe? Ayo?"

Oa, the word blares in my mind.

"Alright, you didn't have to scream."

I stay silent the rest of the trip. Hey, it beats starvin' to death.

3. The Detective

The Detective Active Member

IC
    Monday January 21 8:51

I see in the distance, where the ship is. Suddenly a great column of green light rises straight from the ground and appears to rise straight into the atmosphere. I can feel power, as if the power of another has been awakened. My ring starts to glow and then a straight beam of light shoots from the ring, pointing at the ship in the distance. I feel a mental tug, as if I should go there.

"No!

I throw my hands up and drop to my knees. I must know! What is this strange power! I have to know! Suddenly, I feel a mental command come into my mind.

Go

What? The citadel. Flight. For a moment I think of flight wishing I had my ship. And then, a green aroura surrounds me and I rise into the air. I think of going forward and then I shoot forward. It's just like flying a ship, only I don't have to press any buttons. In my mind, I increase my speed rapidly shooting forward to where I remember the citadel was.

In short time I arrive over the citadel, I descend to the ground. I race through one the gaping holes back into the center of the room. Something has happened to the skeleton. It's starting to glow green. Then, with a blast of light the bones disintegrate and disappear in a flash of light.

"I will know!"

I think of that green lantern thing, and with a mental command the lantern flies out of the ring.

"Tell me! I have to know! What it this?"

The lantern starts to glow. The hologram of a blue alien comes back out. It starts to talk again. "You are inquisitive Val-Jamar."

It knows my name?"

"Yes indeed. The ring has sent information that has altered the hologram to know your name. I have little time, but the ring is broadcasting information so that this message will be as long as you wish. It is not for me to tell you all that there is to know, there is another for that. The Green Lantern Corps once roamed the galaxy, and today it has been reborn. Five members now exist today. But you must all know the legacy that you have been given. Call them to you. Some are on their way as I speak, but you must call the to you. Call them to you Val-Jamar. It is not my place to tell you anymore."

Call them to me? I raise my ring hand into the air concentrating. I thing, bending all my will into one command. Call them to you. I command my ring to summon all the other rings here. And if they have wielders, they will come also.

"Come! Come! Come! Come to this spot! Answers will be revealed, come to me!

4. The Detective

OOC: Come on, where did every one go?

5. Drachentöter

OoC: Okay, I was hoping to let others have their turn, but we can't let this game die. It's just too much fun! We most desperately need entries from LM1313, but Condiment King hasn't posted in a while either. Wake up, guys!

IC: Zan Vellin 9:45 AM Earth Time

By the time the planet enters my line of vision, I've started getting hungry again. Bread can only satisfy you for so long. I notice that I'm heading right toward the atmosphere and I ask, "Is this it?"

No response, but as I get closer without deviating my course I'm certain that it is. Oa. Whatever that meant.

As I enter the atmosphere. I notice how run-down this planet looks. Deserted and drab. Even Tay 1 looked better than this dump. I begin to feel gypped.

Then my eyes start whirrin' and I zoom in on the horizon, without even realizing it. There, high above the dead wilderness is a giant tower-thing. The Citadel I'm told. Or at least I think I'm told.

I fly straight toward it and as I get closer I notice there is someone already there, waitin'. Before I decide what to make of this, the ring's auto-pilot suddenly stops and I have to consciously keep myself in the air. Since the possibility of a friendly person with food is more invitin' than the haunted trees below, I fly into the citadel.

"Hey, guy! You wouldn't believe what I've just been through. Would you happen to have--" I stop. I focus on one of his fingers which has, of all things, a ring exactly like mine on it. "Whoa, freenin' weird, man," I mutter.

The guy snaps out of the stupor he'd acquired when his eyes fell on me. He starts gushin' out his own story. Now I thought my expereince was weird, but this guy's was positively abnormal. Then he begins to tell me about a hologram of a small blue "entity." That's when I decide that this guy's cracked.

I let him finish his story. Slightly out of breath from his long speech, he asks softly. "So, what do you think? Should we stay and wait?"

I look out the citadel and see the gloomy darkness once again. I really hope it's night time on this planet. I decide to wait and see if it gets any lighter before leavin' this guy to his fantasies. And hey, who knows? It's possible he accidentally sent some kind of beacon to these rings during his psychotic episode and more help would arrive soon.

Because no matter how much I go through, I refuse to believe in little blue guys bestowin' destinies on random people. Some things are just best left unsaid and un-thought-of.

"Sure, guy, let's wait. Hey, do you have any food we can munch on while we do?"

6. Cyber E.

Cyber E. Active Member

IC :
    Ambassador Suiji Yamato
    Monday, January 21st, 10:00AM (Earth Time)

I finally arrival at Oa, I slowly float to the ground of the what used to be a great and beautiful planet. I came here once around 70 years ago during some conflict between Sama and Oa. It is amazing how in such a short time something so pure can be destroied. Any and every alien being this side of the Milky Way knew about what happened to Oa but no one knew what exactly happened.

I start to float across the planet trying to find the one who summoned the rings. I can sense two Rings of Oa in use around my area but can't find out where they are directly. I see a great temple-like statue in the distance, could it be?

7. Condiment King

Condiment King custom user title

IC: Rob Christenson, 10:05 A.M.

I had landed on this planet around 40 minutes ago and I'm still lost. I've asked my ring over and over again, where is this Green Lantern, but the ring keeps feeding me this tracking system mumbo jumbo. I think I'm going to fall asleep.

I kick at the ground. I go over and stand on a nearby perch, to take in a view of the landscape. In the far distance, I see movement. Two people together, and another out strolling.

"Ring, take me to the two together."

I begin to fly at hyperspeed again, and reach the two within about, oh say, two seconds. Needless to say, they are pretty stunned. Of what I can take in from the first couple of minutes, Val-Jamar's an ok guy, while Zan Velin needs a bit of an attitude adjustment, in my opinion, but hey, I'm just saying.

We are standing there, looking like a freshman dance, when all of a sudden, someone else walks up and joins the party.....wonder who this guy is. Boy, what a day.

8. The Detective

IC
    January 21 9:34
    I stand in a green haze, in a trance. My command of will has tired me and left me connected to the power ring itself. Suddenly, a feel an odd sensation. I feel a presence. It is my ring that is feeling it. I shake myself out of my daze and look. Someone in a costume like mine is flying towards me.

I shield my eyes and take a closer look, the figure drawing closer. Within minutes he is right over me. The figure is in a costume similar to mine, humanoid in appearance. He looks at me.

He, unlike myself doesn't seem to eager to talk. I rapidly spill my guts, omitting the reason for my shortcut. Somehow I get the feeling that he doesn't believe me. Can't blame. I don't know if I believe myself.

After I end he takes a loot at me, "So, you got anything to munch on?"

Food. All this and he's thinking about food?

"No," I answer him. "I had a full supply of rations in my ship but they were destroyed with the ship.

He seems pretty put out. We stand around, not talking a whole lot. I feel it again. A ring draws near. I feel two rings this time, not too far apart.

As the feeling draws near I look, I see a figure in flight rapidly approaching. He slows upon approach. I feel power from another spot as well. Another wielder approaches.

9. Condiment King

IC: Rob Christenson, 10:15 A.M.

This new guy comes in, says he's some name I can't pronounce, and then Val fills us in on what we apparently missed. Yeah, he spills his guts for quite a while then. We are all standing there. Four of us. One. Two. Three. Fo---. Wait a minute, didn't the ring say five?

I zone out for a second and ask my ring, "Ring, didn't you say that there were five ring wielders?"

"How'd you do that," Val asked me.

I shy out for a second. What am I supposed to say? What this? Oh, I just picked it up along the way?

So, I go into this huge talk about the powers/weaknesses of each ring, and that mine's the ability to talk to it. We kinda swap stories, and rings, so to say, and learn each others' weakness. Then, we just kinda stand there. This is turning out.........great.

10. Drachentöter

OoC: I REALLY think the next person to post should be LM1313. PM him if he doesn't show up soon!

IC: Zan Velin 10:05 AM

I'm sittin' there, while the wacko is lookin' out the window like some slack-jaw from a psychiatric ward. My stomach rumbles. Never have I waited for food to drop into my lap. I've always taken what I need, but it's needless to say that that's not an option at the moment. I've been hearing sparse hoots and whistles of widlife. Something's alive down there. Maybe it's edible.

Jamar calls me over to the window and points at the approaching figure. He's flyin' and glowin' green just like I did when I flew. So the guy did send a distress signal of sorts.

The guy flies in and we're all lookin' at each other bewildered. The newcomer is kind of on the plain side, no special features that I can see, other than the ring and his flashy suit. He doesn't look like he's suffered through hunger or extreme physical pain.

He introduces himself as Rob Christenson. Strange name if I ever heard one. Val-Jamar offers his hand as he gives his name. I keep my arms crossed and respond with a terse. "Velin. Zan Velin." Christenson gives me a strange look.

"I see you've got Green Lantern rings too," he says cautiously. Obviously he's trying to break the ice.

Ain't gonna get buddy-buddy with me, pally.

But part of me wants to ask just what a Green Lantern is. I'd never heard of one but I then decide that I don't want to. I just want some food, some light, and then I'd get out of here. It obviously means something to Jamar who begins to respond. I glance out the window.

"Hey, look," I say.

We see ANOTHER figure speeding toward us. Are there no end to these characters?

The latest addition to the party is named Suji Yamato and it's obvious he's a goody-goody. 'Course I'm not goinna call him that to his face, since he has considerable muscle. He introduces himself with a long and boring speech. Not just a big goody-goody, but a long-winded politician of some sort. Greeeeat.

I count the cracks in the wall as Yamato rambles. He talks about destiny and how excited he is to be a member of the new Green Lantern force and yadah and yadah and yadah. He's only interrupted by Jamar who excitedly supplements his story. I'm startin' to think that all outworlders are crazed out of their gourds.

Suddenly, Christenson mutters something into his ring and pauses. When he comes back to reality, we're all starin' at him as if he had grown another head or somethin'. As well we should At least I had the decency to keep my mouth shut instead of playin' with my ring as if it were my new disembodied friend.

"How'd you do that?" Jamar asks.

Personally, I would have asked why .

Christenson hesitates then begins his own long life story. Or at least it seems like a life story. He grabs my interest for a bit when he mentions that his ring is apparently useless against the color yellow. I keep from snickerin' at first and then I realize I shouldn't have found it funny in the first place. Who's to say my ring doesn't go haywire against bananas either?

It won't, I hear. Or I think I hear, the voice was so soft. Maybe I shouldn't be callin' Christenson and the rest cracked until I make sure I'm not a couple beans short of a can either. Is my ring a disembodied entity, born from the willpower of little blue guys? Is all this malarky true?

"Velin!" Christenson yells.

I look up, startled. I've been lost in my own thoughts. "What?"

"What about your ring? Does it have any weaknesses?"

I glare. "I don't see why I should tell you." Then I swear inwardly. I should've said "no, none at all." But of course that's not true.

"How about you should tell us because you're outnumbered three to one?" Yamato growls.

Jerks.

"Diamonds," I say reluctantly. "I can't do jack against diamonds."

"And does your ring talk to you? Or do you have a bond like Yamato?"

I stay silent and look at my ring finger. It seems to glow slightly and in the back of my mind I hear...I hear...

Nothin'. I don't hear nothin'.

"Well?" Rob inquires.

"No. Neither. It's just a dumb ring that can shoot stuff and fly."

I separate myself from the group and wait in the corner. The rest stand in their own group, awkwardly. Guess I ruined the party. I dont' care anymore. I just want to go home...wherever home is.

And I'm still hungry...

#30 Drachentöter, Feb 6, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2003
  11. Condiment King

IC: Rob Christenson, 10:20 A.M.

Dude, what is up with this guy. Zan Velin. The bully. The kid in the back of the class throwing spitwads. Please remind me why he was chosen to be one of the Green Lanterns. The Green Lanterns I knew were not like him, that's for sure. This makes absolutely no sense, whatsoever.

I continue to talk about the strengths and weaknesses of the Corps, etc. to the rest of the team, while Zan seperates himself from the group. A rebel. Gah....what a loser. Didn't respect them now, don't respect them then.

He continues to mutter the class, and that's it, I'm done with putting up with this!

"Hey, you have something to share with the class?" I say, mockingly. Hey, I know it was corny.

"What in the galaxy is a class?"

I begin to respond, but my GL ring begins to glow a bit brighter at my thoughts to create something, my response perhaps. Zan gives me a bewildered look and then my eyes go wide and bright green. Next thing I know, I'm in a very dark place. I look around in shock. Then, I begin to move slowly step by step, those same steps echoing in the silence. I see a stool in the distance and a small figure on the stool. No wait, its a man. I get closer than I ever thought I would. This guy looks pretty weak. Looks like he's been in a war. He looks at me. Heh, he remindes me kind of of Yoda except his blue and the whole pointy ears thing. Ah, the irony of this moment.

"The........the end." The man struggles to speak out, every word a labor.

I shake my head.

"What?" I say in disbelief.

"It......it....is over. You....you...must....tell.....them."

Suddenly, I start having these visions. A man attacking a planet. Some other blue guys being destroyed. This one Green Lantern getting destroyed. Wait a minute, is he making a ring? Suddenly, I snap out of it.

The little guy topples over and falls. I rush over and feel for a pulse. Old high school health class comin' in handy.

"Oh man, oh man, oh man. Are you alright?"

My words are no use. He is gone.

Suddenly, I'm zapped back into reality. I hear Val murmur something, asking if I'm ok, perhaps. But its hopeless, I'm out cold. I hear the distant sound of a collapse, and then......black.

12. The Detective

IC Val-Jamar 10:20 AM
    What is up with this guy Velin? I mean, I've met Gungarain warlords that were friendlier that him. And I'm not going to try and say that I'm a really great guy, I'm a smuggler I'll admit it. But it's this guy's whole attitude.

"Christenson?"

I look at Yamato who is talking to Rob Christenson. He looks really out of it. He's surrounded but this green aurora thing and looks really, I mean really out of it.

I bend down. "Are you okay man?"

No answer. That's just great. I was kinda wondering what the heck my ring did special. And to tell you the truth, I was hoping that I didn't have a yellow deal. That's just weird. I turn to this Yamato guy.

"So, what exactly is this Green Lantern Corp?"

"You don't know?"

I sense a feeling of indignation, almost irritation.

"Well slaves on Duldar don't get all the latest news."

He ignores the comment and clues me in.

"For centuries the Green Lantern Corp patrolled the galaxy. Each wielder had a small ring that responded to his mental commands. Until they were destroyed by one of their own. A man named Hal Jordan destroyed them all. The last ring was given to one named Kyle Rayner. But about ten years ago he disappeared and all trace of the once great Oa vanished."

"What happened?"

"No one knows."

This is real great. I just wish that Zan Velin would get off his-

"I believe that Christenson is coming around."

It looks like he is. At that moment a thought nags at me. I saw FOUR rings sent out. There are only three other wielders here. And I felt such power so close. I wonder if there is another?

13. Cyber E.

Cyber E. Active Member

IC :
    Ambassador Suiji Yamato
    Monday, January 21st, 10:21AM (Earth Time)

I sit on a pile of rubble watching everyone wait for something, I don't know what exactly but I don't want to bother asking. I fold my arms leaning against the wall banging my head slowly back and forth against the wall. After a few minutes Velin lifts his head and gives me a dirty look.

I stare back at him, I than go back to banging my head against the wall, I know I just ticked the guy off but right now I focus upon other things.

"So Val, what is next?"

14. Condiment King

IC: Rob Christenson, 10:22 A.M.

Val is murmuring something about plans or something, when I begin to come to. I can't even make his words out, let alone form my own.

"Hey, Christenson, are you alright?"

Finally, a sentence coming in. From Sujii, or whatever his name is.

"Yeah, I....I guess."

"What happened?" Val asked.

I rub my hand against my forehead and prop myself up against the building for a back rest.

"I saw......saw some blue guy. He told me to tell someone, I'm guessing you guys, about......about...something. He....didn't say."

I shake my head, dumbfounded.

"What do we do now?" Suiji asks again.

Val thinks a second.

"You said there were five Lanterns right?"

"............Yeah."

"Then, let's find the last Lantern. Then, decide."

Zan Velin finally breaks out of his long silence.

"Are you kiddin' me? Why in the galaxy would I want to on some wild goose chase to get another green trooper?"

"Well....I just thought that....if we were to work as a group...." Val begins.

"Yeah, well, you thought. Maybe, I dun wanna be in this group of yours."

"Dude, lay off." I step in.

A confrontation seems iminiate, when suddenly, when hear someone approaching. Its not a Green Lantern either. Whether he sees us or not remains to be seen.

15. Drachentöter

OoC: Ack! I will not let this die! We'll wait the standard amount of time for LM1313 to surface and after that we'll figure out what to do.

IC: Zan Velin, 10:25 AM Earth Time

"Dude, lay off."

I heat up. I've had it with these starry-eyed goodnicks and I'm tired of waiting for somethin' to get me off this rock. I clench my fist, ready to deck this guy...

Christenson suddenly turns his head to the window. "Someone's coming."

We all look outside. A shadowy figure does seem to be approaching. Yamato leans out and furrows his eyebrows. "Not someone....something...."

I blink and, without thinkin', use my eyes to zoom in on the figure. It comes into focus as a winged, reptillian creature with a razor-sharp beak. "Oh, freen!"

"What?" Val-Jamar inquires, alarmed.

"Get your ring ready. That thing ain't pretty." I raise my own device and aim at the animal. I fire and hit it right in the chest. It lets out an ear-piercin' screech. It hovers, shocked, for a while, then starts advancin'...faster.

"What'd you do that for?" Rob screams.

"Listen, it's not like I made him any less cuddly," I say. "You try to do better!"

Christenson's eyes narrow and he aims at the creature. I expect a green blast to come out, but instead I see a green, glowin' net fly out and trap the creature in mid-air. It screeches again and begins to fall. It screeches all the way down, until it hits the ground with a thud.

Rob smirks.

I scowl. "Okay, so what do you want? A birdcatcher medal?"

Before he can retaliate, we hear the defeaning sound of many screeches idenitcal to the one of the dead creature. My jaw drops as I watch these ugly birds arise from the otherwise still foilage and advance on us, hungrily.

"Well, look on the bright side" Yamato says. "Maybe they're edible."

This gets a chuckle from me.

16. The Detective

IC Val Jamar
    January 21 10:27

These damn birds are everywhere. I create three throwing stars and fling them at some birds. Christenson creates a couple of bolo's and wraps them around the birds legs. Yamato creates a hammer and is using it to crush the birds skulls. Velin is just skulking around, firing blasts at them now and then.

"What is up with you!" I scream at him.

"Look, if you don't like me then leave." He screams back.

Yamato cuts in. "Look you two we don't have time for this. You two settle this somoe other time. Right now we have bigger things to worry about."

Christenson asks us a question, "Hey guys, you know I haven't ever been off earth before so, do any of you know what these things are?"

No one says anything. I got something I better tell them thoug. "HEy guys there is a camp of smugglers about four miles away. And they are sorta kind of trying to kill me."

Velin looks at me for a moment before saying something. "You guys are whining at me and this guy is a freenin smuggler!"

Things are not looking good.

17. Condiment King

IC: Rob Christenson, 10:29 A.M.

Ok, I'm not any tree hugger and I'm sure no environmentalist or whatever, but good lord, where do these people get off? I mean, they are defenseless birds, or um...whatever they are.

I switch back to using nets again to catch the birds. The swarm is finally ceasing. I look over and Yamato is cracking their blasted skulls. Woah, he freaks me out. :eek: He sorta looks like Yoda except younger, even though he's supposed to be like a billion or something.

Val and Zan are starting to go at it now. I have to admit that I'm on Val's side here. Zan is just a jerk. :rolleyes:

The swarm dies down and we decide to go back to the building, and have a little chit chat. I think it over, and decide to tell them about myself a little more in-depthly, lack of parents moreof. Yamato and Zan are coinciding with their supportive comments and logic. Yamato says that most people don't have living parents at his home planet. Still trying to figure that out.

But then, Zan says something....something I wouldn't mutter in front of my grandmother of all people.

I just sit there, dazed at this little curse of his. Bringing back all the childhood memories of teases, all the pain of losing them, everything. This might not be very heroic, but I entertain the thought.

I just simply focus my ring at Zan, and instantly a diamond cage appears around him.

18. Cyber E.

Cyber E. Active Member

IC :
    Ambassador Suiji Yamato
    Monday, January 21st, 10:29AM

I stare at Christenson has he holds Zan in a diamond cage. Zan screams out in pain.

"Rob!? What the @$%# are you doing?! Let him go!"

He shakes realizing what he did and suddenly the cage dissappears, Van takes a few breathes then charges at Christenson at top speed. I send a brick wall right infront of Zan, he runs into it bouncing himself back into the sandy ground

"What is the matter with you?! He tried to kill me" He mutters out loudly holding his nose in pain

"Listen, this is enough. We were chosen to be protectors, we cannot protect anything if we fight against each other like this. I am warning you Zelin, you are this close to the point where I won't be able to control my actions."

You'd think Val would be more focused on the current situration then what is going on now.

"Uh guys, I think we have company."

We all look in the direction that Val is looking, several forgein beings carrying every time of weapon this side of the Milky Way heading towards our direction

I mutter under my voice.

"....Oh Crap"

OOC:
    I sent a PM to LM1313 a few weeks back with yet a response, but I checked his profile and he has been on recently. Hopefully he'll Do some posting here.

-aJb

19. rapper

rapper Look at me eye to eye

OOC:
    I'm fairly new hear and i first joined the X-men Evolution RPG. I want to try a villain role and join a new thread so here i am.

IC :
    DARK LANTERN
    Monday, January 21st, 10:20AM

I sit in a throne listening to a nerdy looking being as he goes on announcing tax rate increases and other boring nonsense. Every minute he talks just makes me angrier and angrier. I raise my fist and pointed a black ring at him where a black ray pours forth surrounding the being. The beam raises the nerdy being in the air, instilling fright and helplessness as he waves his legs in the air as if trying to find ground to stand on.

“Enough! I don’t care about your taxes and collections.” I said and drop him from 10 feet off the ground.

“I just heard of a resistance in the planet Gera. What have you done about this?”

The nerdy being kneels before the throne before he speaks, “I have already sent Capt. Kali and his men to it, master."

“Capt. Kali come forward.” I order.

An impressive uniformed man comes forth and kneels before the throne.

“Master, the resistance have the people of Gera helping them and they have dug underground mazes where they wait to ambush us. We just need more time and more men and we will stop them.” He pleads.

“Do you guarantee me that you won’t fail again?” I inquire.

“Yes master, I won’t fail again.” He just manags to say as I again point my ring to him.

His body disintegrates as he screams from the pain. The others look in surprise as one of them disappears forever.

“I guess he will not fail me again. Lt. Argo, I promote you to Capt. and I want you to eliminate the resistance at planet Gera. I hope you won’t fail me.”

Another man comes forth and kneels saying, “I won’t fail you master.”

I rise from my throne and left by an automatic door in my left. I enter my chambers and sit in front of a computer station there. I bring up a stellar map as I check calculations after calculations. This is too important to give to others.

Time goes by as I check each calculation. Suddenly a swirling vortex appears besides me. I’m not surprised because I’ve seen it before. A face appears in it and begins to talk.

“We have sensed the power of a Green Lantern.” He says.

“That’s impossible they are all dead including the guardians and all the rings are destroyed.”

“We are never wrong. There must be a ring that survived. Go, find the wielder and destroy him and the ring. The Green Lanterns are dead and will stay dead.”

The vortex disappears to nothingness leaving me alone. So the Green Lanterns live. When will they learn they can’t win against the DARK LANTERN?

#39 rapper, Mar 2, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2003
  20. The Detective

OOC: Wow, it's great to see some new blood in this RPG. Finally having a villain is great. You'rea little of Mongul from Justice League with some Darth Vader thrown in. Very nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.