1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

World's Finest RPG Green Lantern RPG

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by redDragon, Jan 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redDragon

redDragon Carnivorous Beast

Ta da! Its a Green Lantern RPG! This will be a custom character RPG and the characters so far are:

[Condiment King]

Name:Rob Christenson
    Hometown: New York City, USA
    Marital Status: Single
    Hair: Black
    Eyes: Green

[LM1313]

Tel'ak Ren was an explorer, mercenary and sometimes-thief who went scrounging around the ruins of Oa. He was hoping to find something salvageable, but certainly didn't expect to find an emerald green ring with the sands sifting off of it . . . almost as if it wanted to be found. Putting on the ring, he unexpectedly found himself garbed in the uniform of the long-dead Green Lantern Corps. After meeting up with other ring-bearers, he cautiously joined the new Corps. Granted, he's never been a joiner, but it certainly beats starving, after all, and there's nothing shabby about the powers of the emerald ring! Besides, now he has an advantage if some of his old "friends" come around demanding that he pay off those old debts . . . the ones you have to pay in blood . . .

General description:

Tel'ak is your standard blue-skinned, four-armed alien, if they can be said to be standard. White eyes, no pupils. Four fingers. A practically perfect example of a Romarian . . . not "perfect" in the sense of physical superiority, but a perfect example as an average member of his species. In fact, he is statistically mediocre in almost every way. Still, being an average Romarian still puts him above most species in terms of physical agility and endurance.

Unaspiring, he has not been particularly successful at anything. Has a general air of moral ambiguity, but the fact that the ring revealed itself to him suggests he has unrealized potential and perhaps a deeper set of values than he is willing to admit . . .

[The DarkKnight]

Name: Val-Jamar
    General Appearance: Humanoid. Fair skinned. Thin build.
    Native planet: Duldar
    Hair Color: Short black hair. Small braid in back, a customary mark of a space pilot on his home planet.
    Eye color: A perfect blue color, common among natives of his planet, though it is not uncommon for Duldarions to have an eye color change as they get older.
    Height: 6'4"
    Weight: 217 pounds
    Relatives: Kalaa, father, deceased. Mara, mother, deceased. Malea, sister.

Ring wielding style: Val-Jamar wields his ring in a very offensive manner. He prefers to stay on the attack than to be defensive. If a young man is seen to have potential, he is trained in the highly skilled weapons of his planet. Especially slaves. As one Val became very adept at using these weapons which require great skill and in the untrained hand pose more of a threat to the wielder than anyone else. In using the ring he usually creates constructs of these weapons.

Bio: Val-Jamar was born on the planet of Duldar to Kalaa and Mara Jamar. His father had at one time been a Pilot for the Fighter Force of his home planet, but after being discharged due to unproven charges of treason he was forced to become a miner. The job of miners was a lowly and looked down upon job but the only one available to some one dishonorably discharged from the Fighter Force. When Val was seven his father was killed in a mining accident. This proved to be one of two events that would shape Val's life. Unable to make any money (in that period of Duldar's culture women were not allowed to work except as slaves) the Jamar's were sold into slavery by planet law. However, Val's sister Malea was not bought with him and his mother and he would not see her for a long time. When Val was fourteen he and his mother attempted an escape but were eventually caught and his mother was shot and killed. This was the second event that shaped his life. By law, he was old enough to live without a guardian so he moved around the planet before moving in with a pilot named Kol Nohor. He tough Val every thing about flying a spacecraft. When he was old enough he joined the Fighter Force determined to succeed where his father had failed. But he too was not too make it. He was discharged due to excessive bursts of anger. When he finally found his sister, still in slavery it was too much for him. He became a space pilot smuggling goods for money. His intended to stop when he got enough money to buy Malea back, bet even after he did it was hard to forget his old life. At the present he is a pilot for Fercom a large industry that ships goods, and develops new spacecraft. He is still haunted by his old "friends" he made in his old smuggling life.

[The Venom]

Name: Suiji Yamato
    Date of Birth : Novemeber 3rd, 1836 (Earth Years)
    Martial Status : Single
    Eyes : Dark Brown
    Hair : Green

Yamato's mother was a being from Earth but his father was the ruler of Planet Sama. Yamato ages at rate much slowly then any of human being because of his Sama heritage. He can never become sick andheI cannot die of naural causes. Yamato was chosen to become a Green Lantern and he will die to protect good from evil.

[VortexInfinite]

Character: Zan Velin of the Tatian Galaxy
    Apperance: Humanoid, tanned, dark hair, indigo eyes
    Weakness: Diamonds
    Uses bionic eyes after losing them in an chemical accident. Lived in the slums of of his home planet and is considered a criminal by the local law enforcement. Found his GL ring after it crashed into an alley and used it to escape his home planet and reach Earth.

[rapper]

Character: Dark Lantern
    He was once a mob boss but the police found his hide out. He thought he was a goner but a dark portal appeared in front of him and out came the Qwardians, denizens of the anti-matter universe. They saw his evil potential and gave him a ring that bestowed him with powers. He then established a vast sindicate that expanded to near planets. His goal is to gain more power and will crush those who defy him.

[Emerald Warrior]
    Height: 5’12”
    Weight: 175 Lbs
    Hair: Brown
    Eyes: Blue
    Base of Operations: New York City, New York (2075)

History:

Jaxen Wilder was your average soldier…for the first year. After that, he became a sort of rogue. On a routine training mission, he saw what he thought was a shooting star. When he got there, what he saw was no shooting star. It was an injured Green Lantern, who was dying. Before he died, he gave the ring to Jaxen to “save the universe”. When he put the ring on, the story of how his predecessor died unfolded before him. A rogue Green Lantern had stolen a powerful new ring and started his own army. This army quickly overwhelmed the Corps and killed more then half of the Lanterns. One of the few surviving left Oa to find help. On his way, he was ambushed and nearly killed. He managed to make his way to Earth and found Jaxen. After receiving the ring, he was called to an isolated planet just outside the reach of the new threat. There, he began training with one of the surviving Lanterns and became the newest member.

2. The Detective

The Detective Active Member

OOC: I think the general consensus is that I will start it off. I'll have my first post up soon I swear. If every one can hold off until I get my first one written it would be great. I swear it will be up soon. Tomorrow at the abolute latest. Thanks.

#2 The Detective, Jan 19, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2003
  3. The Detective

OOC: Well, folks here she is. I know she pretty long but it's the first one. I strongly suggest you read my character information firt, it's helpful.
    IC: Val-Jamar
    What date are we going to use? I'm not going to put one up till we talk about that.
    A short cut. That's what is was going to be a short cut. So much for my great ideas. Of course the authorities at Talea 4 aren't exactly the most forgetful folks. And those blasters I smuggled a few years ago didn't exactly go over with them. But you'd figure that after what, two maybe three years they'd forget wouldn't you? And not five minutes after I step foot on the planet they're all over me. So now I'm on the run. Again. Course no one really like Talea 4 so it's not like anyone is going to help them. But that's where the short cut comes in. See, I figured that I would just cut through this extremely unexplored, very uncharted region of space and I could shake. Well it worked but I'm sure that it had something to do with that gigantic, ionic level 7 solar storm that is sweeping through this area. Of course I threw caution to the … stars and did it anyway figuring I could pass through the sector before the solar storm. Of course as usual I was wrong.

"Ionic levels rising, shield reverting to auxiliary power"

That blasted computer thinks it knows everything.

"Yeah tell me something I don't know."

Like that is actually offended by my statements. Shields won't last long. After they go I won't be far behind. A Talea 4 holding cell is looking pretty good about now. None of the monitors are showing much new. Just that the storm is getting closer and worse. I better boost the engines. I boost the power to the main boosters and fire up the ion jets.

"Mass scanners showing a large planetary mass at forty nintograms."

A planet? Well for the sake of the galaxy let's go.

"Revert to manual navigation. Full power to forward speed. Cut auto course navigation and get the coordinates to that planet. We're landing."

I grip the forward controls tight while making a speedy course for that planet. My eyes stray to the scanners. Hmmm, the atmosphere should be breathable by me. And it's thick enough to weather the storm. If I make it in time I ought to be able to survive intact.

"Solar storm intensity increasing by one level."

That's it. This ship isn't going to survive. I reach up and flip a few switches on the main power system control bard boosting all power to the forward thrusters. So what if I burn out the circuits like I said this ship's not going to survive.

In a last burst of speed my faithful ship shoots forward in it's last flight. Not much I can do except keep her from going incredibly off course which is hard to do at this range. In the last moments of my ship's life is falls to through the planet's atmosphere like a burning comet. I'm getting jolted up pretty good.

I gradually ease out of my chair. Smoke is everywhere and most of the circuit board connected to the main power supply are on fire. Well I'm not leaving this planet anytime soon. The hydraulics on the door are broken so a good, solid kick has to do.

I step out slowly onto the planet. The surface is covered as far as I can see in fine, soft, sand. Mountains jut abruptly out of the sand in a haphazard manner like crooked broken teeth. Not to far away I can see a ring of these crooked, broken mountains. Well, I guess that is my best bet to find inhabitants so I better make tracks.

It seems like hours later. It might be. I'm just coming over the edge of the mountains. Here's hoping there is a town or something over here.
    Ruins. Nothing but ruins. Down below in a valley there are the ruins of what looks like was once a great building. Now it lies in broken pieces, the dome shaped food cracked and broken. Large gaping holes in places. Parts of it are partially submerged beneath the sands. Well it's my only bet for survival.

Well getting down into the valley isn't as easy as I hoped. It's steep and treacherous. I've about tripped and broken my neck twice. But finally I arrive at the ruins. Don't have to worry about getting in. All I need to do is take my pick of which whole strikes my fancy. I step through a hole, and well, to put it lightly inside isn't exactly what you'd expect to find from a normal set of ruins. It is in fact, quite advanced looking. All sorts of odd-looking computers and technology once used for some forgotten purpose.

Might as well take a look around. Just as I start to walk around I realize that I haven't even seen the weirdest part yet. In about the center of the room is a skeleton. That right a skeleton clothed in tattered black and green garments. Right above his head is what looks like, a green lantern. His hand is outstretched, as if trying to reach it. On the middle finger of his the bony hand is a ring. I take a step forward and things start to get weird.

The lantern looking thing starts to glow. A weird green light starts to fill the whole room. And then the ring starts to glow. And then, it starts to move. It comes of the skeleton's hand and starts to fly around the room. I was just figuring it was time to leave, when the ring starts to hover in front of my face, bathing me the same light that now fills the room and putting me is some kind of paralyzed state.

And just when things couldn't get any weirder a holographic image of a short little blue guys starts to come out of the lantern looking thing. It must be a recorded message of some kind. The blue guy is lying on his side, obviously in pain. Then it talks.

"My name is Ganthet. I am the last of the Guardians of the Universe. Much evil has befallen today but you must learn of that in your own time. My life quickly draws to an end. In front of you is the last of a legacy, but not for long. The ring if it finds you worthy, will reproduce four copies and go into the galaxy seeking wielders. And, uuu, Time grows short. That rings can make more ri, ngs. Uu, the rest you must learn for your self."

That's it? What the heck is even going on here? Well I guess I better wait and find out. That ring that was hovering in front of me is starting to move again, it begins to move around me in circles, gaining speed with very circle and moving more rapidly. Finally it hovers in front of my face again. With a blinding blast of light of beam of this energy shines right into my head. It starts to descend. Without my control my arms moves upward, my middle finger extended. The ring moves onto it.

And then, just as the image had said, four rings were created each out of the ring on my finger. And then, each one soared upward towards the heavens leaving a green comet like tail behind.

As soon as they had left as a green light bathed me and a sleek green and black suit was on me. Woo, I could get to like this. And then, my body control came back to me and a green light encircled me. Then, out of the light a voice, like the voices of millions begins to chant a sacred oath:

In Brightest Day in Blackest Night
    No Evil Shall Escape My Sight
    Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might
    Beware My Power Green Lantern's Light!

#3 The Detective, Jan 19, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2003
  4. Condiment King

Condiment King custom user title

OOC: Cool! The RPG is up and ready! :) I figure we could just choose a random time and start from there.

IC: Rob Christenson

8:00am

Newspapers. My father always said that there was never anything good in 'em except the comics and that cheap version of the tv guide. Wasn't the first time he was right. I toss a newspaper back and forth in my hand, pondering whether to buy it. I guess I caught someone's eye.

"What do you think this is? A library or somethin'?"

Ugh, stupid newsstand owner. It boggles my mind how some retailers feel that yelling at customers will bring new ones in. I slam the newspaper down back on the rack, making it swing a bit and walk off. Meh, his loss. Maybe this suffering blow will force his stand out of business.

I stroll along the sidewalk, doubling the speed of the cars in stand still traffic and hearing enough horns to make my head spin. Ah, New York. Gotta love it.

With the bell at the door officially announcing my walk-in, I take up a stool at Joe's Diner. I've been to this place every day for breakfast since I was 12. Used to go all the time with my dad. He seems to be pushing in my thoughts more than I'd like lately, what with the funeral and all....

"What'll it be, kiddo?"

Breaking my thoughts is Joe himself. He's been calling me kiddo since I was 12 too. If he called me that at 66, I would still allow it. Never gets old.

"Wha....ah...just coffee today, Joe."

"Heheh, seems yous could need it, kiddo."

I let my face fall on the counter and ran my head through my hair. Ignoring a kid that is staring at me to my right, I am lost in my thoughts. Geesh....I never really got to know my mom. She died when I was pretty young. I guess it gave me a false pretense that my dad would always be there.

[FLASHBACK]

"C'mon, son. I know that its hard. You just have to buck up. See....I miss her too. Its so hard. But, I know that mom is looking down on us and she wouldn't want us to not going on living. Not to have fun? Right?"

I shake my head, teary eyed.

"Alright..."

Dad pats my head and puts his hand on my shoulder as we head into some diner. Never saw it before. Gah..I miss her. I'm beginning to forget her. Its been only two weeks, how will I eve remember?

Dad guides me to a stool and I sit next to him. He doesn't even have to ask what I want. He orders my favorite, scrambled eggs. Mom used to fix the other kind. The yucky one. I wouldn't mind it about now...

I look down at the counter and let my face fall on it. I run my hand through my hair as my dad looks on, worried.

[/FLASHBACK]

"Rob! Rob!"

I warily snap out of my daydream and look at Joe. Joe motions to the coffee. I take it.

"Oh.......thanks Joe."

"No problem."

I motion to my wallet. He shushes me.

"Its on da house."

I smile. Reliable Joe. I've never given Joe a dime in ten years. Hard to believe how ten years has gone by so fast...

My name is Rob Christenson, I'm 22, and the only thing I can depend on is free coffee. Yay.....

5. Drachentöter

Drachentöter Good night. And good luck.

OoC: OK, great job starting it off, guys. For the purposes of this post, Val-Jamar's replicates of the ring have been sent into space searching for wielders. Note of interest: since this is on another planet, its time isn't synchrnoized with Earth. It says 8 AM, but it's night-time on Tay 1. Got it? Good.

IC: Zan Velin 8:23 AM Earth time

"Velin! Velin, we know where you are! Make it easy on yourself and give up."

I scoff lightly. Give up. Throw away two years of freedom just to be put in the slammer again. Not likely. Not a bit likely.

I run through the dark alleys, clutchin' my hard-earned bread. Well, soon to be hard-earned anyway. It wasn't much work swipin' it, but the runnin' sure makes up for it.

I find myself at a dead-end and curse softly. I hear the scuffle of the catchers' feet, but the echoes of the alleyways distort the direction. They could be anywhere. Only one way to find out.

I concentrate and put a hand to my temple. I hear the whir of my eyes -- the ones I got when I was eight -- and I suddenly see differently. I can see through things. Well, somewhat. I can see outlines and blurred figures. But that's enough. I spot the group of catchers sneakin' behind the building to my left. Robo-eyes come through again.

"Smell ya later," I mutter as I grip the ladder to my right. I stuff the bread into my mouth and climb up, strugglin' not to bite into the morsel. Bread always tastes better after a good run from the catchers.

It's been this way for two, long years. Steal, run, eat. Today I tried to change the routine and ask for food...beg, in other words. But I decided against it. I still had my pride. The law could take everything but my pride.

I run atop the rooftops, confident that I'll lose them this time. Sure enough, I hear the frustrated scream of the lead catcher, Landebark. Guy's been after me for years. In fact, he was the one who caught me, the son of a tlein.

Not today, pally, I think. Not again.

I land softly on a pile of rags. They smell like puke, but I'm grateful that they're there. I've had broken bones and the pain isn't somethin' I want to experience again. It takes a lot to break my bones if I'm healthy. But when they get those freenin' diamonds near me, just about anythin' can bring me down.

We Taitians have an allergy to diamonds. Weakens us, makes us vulnerable to just about anything. That's why the catchers use diamond staffs. Beat-sticks, we call 'em. That's what broke my bones. That's what I'm runnin' away from.

I'm in the clear. My mouth waters as I bring the bread closer to my face. I can smell it, I can almost taste it. My stomach rumbles. Growls, even. I've been waitin' for this moment. I'm gonna get my reward...

I stop. I listen. I hear the light sobbing of a child. Turning around, I use my robo-eyes to see behind the nearby dumpster. A tiny figure, curled up in a little ball. Seems to be a girl. Could be a boy for all I see. Doesn't matter. Point is, it's hungry. And it's young. It needs this more than me.

Part of me tries to stop myself from throwin' the bread over the dumpster. But it fails. It's out of my hands. My stomach screams in protest. I leave before the kid can see who threw the food. No mushy thank yous for me...I've suffered enough.

Suddenly, I see a bright green flash above me. A green streak flies through the night sky and disappears behind a building. Then, I hear a loud crash and the clattering of metal falling to the ground.

"What the freen?" I say out loud. Well, I've got nothin' more to lose. I walk toward the place where the green thing hit...

6. Cyber E.

Cyber E. Active Member

IC : Downtown Orlando, 09:03 PM

I walk down the streets of my hometown Orlando. Newspapers float across the ground as a small breeze comes by, a child crying in the alleys can be heard. I pass a possible crack deal going down, on the corners of the streets women selling there bodes off for top dollar.

Slowly rain droplets hit the great at such a calm speed. My coat will keep me warm for awhile but I need more heat. I hear a woman screaming in the streets as several men chase after her with weapons. She rans behind the local bar as one of them tackles her down and put his hand on her mouth as the other gather around

"Listen lady, if ya just shut up and let us get the money I promise won't kill ya fast"

I always have to be a good samaratin, don't I? I think to myself as I run to where the woman is

"Leave her alone" I yell at them as I walk closer

"Yo man, mind your own damn business!"

"I said leave her alone, if you know what is good for you"

"Good for me? Good for me?! Men, slice this jerk up"

Ok, 4 guys with weapons against little old me....they should have brought more back-up. The men start to run up at me, I swiftly dodge to the right as one man tries to stab me with a switchblade. I grab his elbow bending it making him scream like a little girl. I grab his hair tossing him into some garbage cans. Another one comes with a stick to me, before he gets close to me I make a leap to the wall jumping off it sending a backkick to his head knocking him out on inpack.

The other two try to come at me at the same time, I am starting to get tired of this. I move both my fists to their guts knocking the air out of them but before I am able to finish them off a green light flies across the sky hiting an old warehouse near the bar. I throw the two men down as I go to investage.

"Good lord...."

#6 Cyber E., Jan 20, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2003
  7. The Detective

OOC: In case any one cares the GL costume I'm using isn't the one from the comis, it's the one that Kyle Rayner wore in the STAS episode "In Brightes Day". IT is all black except for green boots, green bands around my wrists, and the green thing around my shoulders with the GL insignia. And I have a mask that goes over my eyes too. I don't care what costume version eery one else is using.

8. Condiment King

OOC: Here is the suit I'm using:

[​IMG]

9. The Detective

OOC: All right, for the visually minded here's my suit:

[​IMG]

And, another RPG post.

Monday January 21 8:45
    So much has happened and I don't even know what it means. I've got some ring that I have no idea what it is on my finger. And I'm clothed in some black and green suit. I've even got a mask over my eyes. And, well things just have to stay weird don't they? Now that lantern looking thing is coming towards me. I wait for a moment, and then in a flash of green light it shoots into the ring. That's right it just all of a sudden disappeared into the ring on my hand.

Confused I walk back out of this ancient wreck. I step back out the hole I came through and look around. How will I ever get off this planet. Well, I never will if I don't at least try. With a deep inhale of air I trudge back up the jagged mountains I came down.

Sweating, thirsty, and tired I drop. I've just reached the other side. A little ways off I can my ship lying like a broken wreck. Well really it is a broken wreck.

Summoning the last of my strength I trek towards my ship. I get there and find what I expected to. Smoking, fiery piece of scrap. A low humming sound catches my. Oh damn it. The auto distress beacon got turned on. Oh damn it. I didn't turn it on because when you're on the run turning a tracker beacon on isn't a real bright idea. It looks like the auto beacon came on while I was busy just trying to land in one piece. Now anyone could tune in and find me. I step out of the ship, depressed would be a good way to put it.

Turning my head I look in all directions. In the distance a bright bluish haze catches my eye. Wait, I know that color. That's the glow of an Ion engine cooling down. But what would a ship advanced enough to have ion engines would be on and uncharted planet?

Wait, I just might know. Well, being a smuggler myself I should know. Smuggling rings have all kinds of uncharted planets, asteroids, moons, and about everything else you can think just for hideouts. They usually meet there about once a month to look over their haul, split loot, and raise hell. Who would have thought that I would land on a planet that is being used by smugglers? I wonder why they never found that lantern, or the ring.

Figuring that I don't have much choice I start to walk towards the light. The worst they can do is kill me. Great. I've got some kooky costume on too. I close my eyes just wishing that is was a bad dream. Can't I get this thing off? I open my eyes ready to go on, only to find the weirdest thing. The costume is gone. That's right. Gone. The ring is still on my finger but I'm dressed in my old clothes again. This might not be so bad after all.

After a while I finally get close enough to hear some stuff. Nothing out of the ordinary, what you'd expect. Cursing, jokes, arguing, yelling, fighting, the usual. They even have some women for entertainment. Don't want to rush into anything. I decide to walk out a little ways, and came back if they aver go to sleep.

After walking out a little ways I start to sit down until a voice freezes me.

"Jamar!

I look up. Oh great. Two enforcers for Hiatea Irkina, a crime lord I smuggled blasters, drugs, and various other items for a couple of years ago. This is just great. The ugly one, well they're both ugly but the really ugly speaks again.

"Well, well, if it is our good buddy Val-Jamar. Who would have thought that we would run into you out here? Or could it be that we locked onto your distress signal and decided to come to your rescue?"

Miserable losers. Their kind are all to common. They find out a price is on someone's head so they get a job on a snuggling cruise knowing that sooner or later they'll run into him. But why would I have a price on my head?

"Uuu Jamar, why did you do it? Master Irkina hired you to smuggle blasters for and what do you do? Out of every shipment you skim a few blasters off the top and resell them. You did the same with the drugs and other items."

That's ludicrous. No way am I stupid enough to steal from Hiatea Irkina. I may have been a smuggler but I wasn't stupid.

"Yes Jamar, you have erred and for that, we will fill you with more hole that a Cretorian Asteroid."

Oh boy.

10. Condiment King

Monday, January 21, 9:00 A.M.

Memories. The enemy of my brain. They surround me now. I'm trapped. Geesh, I hope I'm not going crazy. Nah, I'm not. It just gets really lonely as an only child and your parents are gone too.

I tip Joe anyway and walk out, waving to him. As a grab my coat, I walk outside back into the real world, back into all my problems. Suddenly, fate gives me another curve ball.

"What's that?" I mutter, under my breath.

A green flash flys across the sky and lands right in front of me! At the tip of my shoes. Looks like a ring. I look around. Looks like I'm the only observant person here. Nobody else saw it. What the heck? It was right there for all to see. You couldn't miss that if you can't miss a beaming 747.

Scratching my head, I lean over and pick up the green ring and put it on. Suddenly, I change into this whacked out Green costume. Wait a minute! That's Green Lantern! That's a Green Lantern costume! Oh my gosh!

I look around again to see nobody paying attention yet again. I duck in between alleys. All I can do is stand amazed next to a dumpster in a back alley. Oh man, what has happened to me....

[FLASHBACK]

"C'mon, bucko. Let's hit that comic shop!" My dad says.

I smile. I loved comics. It was a fantasy world that you could just leap into and never get out of. You didn't have to worry about your actual problems in the world for the fifteen minutes that you had to read it in.

"How about this, kiddo. You wash the dishes tonight and I'll get you two comics. How's that sound?"

My dad waves that five dollar bill in front of my face and I look up and nod.

"Thanks, dad."

"No, problem, kiddo."

We continue walking and pass this man in leather and he has a knife. He notices us.

"Hey! STICK 'EM UP! YOU HEARD ME!"

"Alright. Alright. Just don't do anything to us."

"Hey, man. This all you got? Maybe, you need a little incentive."

The jerk grabs me and I'm bawling now, scared for my life. Lunging for my dad. My dad goes postal. He jerks the guy by the collar.

"You listen and you listen good, son. I'm not afraid to meet my maker today, but believe me YOU WILL and if you harm my son."

"Oh, is that so?"

Then, in a green flash comes my hero. Green Lantern.

"Hehe, where do these jerks come from nowadays?" GL smirks, making a construct of a hammer, pounder the mugger.

He takes my dad's wallet out of his hands and gives it to my dad.

"Sorry about that, friend."

"Thank you. Thank you, Green Lantern."

My dad shakes his hand and I smile.

"And who are you, little guy?"

"Go on, tell him your name, son."

"...R--Rob."

"Rob. Nice to meet you. Want to make that $5 worth a lot more?"

GL signs my five dollars.

"How's that man?"

"Gr---great. Thanks."

"Hey, no problem. It was nice to meet you."

GL flys away. Later, my dad gave me another five dollar bill and told me to keep the other one.

[/FLASHBACK]

All of a sudden, a green cloud forms around me and the sound of a million voices say the sacred oath.

In Brightest Day
    In Blackest Night
    No Evil Shall Escape My Sight
    Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might
    Beware My Power,
    Green Lantern's Light!

11. LadyM

LadyM Active Member

[OOC]

Just wanted to say I'm really enjoying reading the RP so far and will be making my first post tomorrow . . . :)

Edit: Well, my first in-character post. ^_^

12. Cyber E.

Cyber E. Active Member

I am gonna get my ring today, my ring today, my ring today...

OOC : Uhhhhh..............Shiny

IC :
    Embassator Suiji Yamato
    Monday, January 21st, 9:04AM

I stare at the crashsite of the green streak in the sky. A vibrating green glow shines on and off from what appears to be a ring. It's light amazes my soul....it is so pure, I rake a step close to it then suddenly the ring shifts it's direction to me. It flies up into the air faster then I could blink, the light ceases to flicker and the glow just stays on. I do not move as the ring slowly make's it's way to me, it rests in mid-air infront of my face. I go to touch it and then it stops floating.....it falls into my hand as if a normal ring.

Suddenly I hear a voice coming from it, it is to low for me to make out what it is saying till I relieze what I am holding

"Holy Lord.......This is a Power Ring from Planet Oa"

I say to myself in my mind, I relieze that it has chosen me as it's wearer. I slowly put the ring onto my finger. I can feel the power as it moves closer but then as the ring fits onto my hand my mind goes out of control. Shocks pulse through my body....a voice screasm louder and louder until it almost causes me to become deaf. The massive power of the ring lights up the street, the neighborhood and then the City. I fall to my knees in pain as I hear the voice chanting something...it is almost holy, my brain is partly taken over by this power

"In brighest day
    In darkest night
    No evil shall escape my sight
    Let those who worship evil's might
    Beware my power...
    GREEN LANTERN'S LIGHT!!"

#12 Cyber E., Jan 22, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2003
  13. The Detective

Monday January 21 8:45
    Oh boy. When two enforcers working for a bounty say they are going to fill with holes, they generally mean it.

The one that has spoken yet speaks into a communicator.

"Touma and Kiula here, we've found Jamar. Send Nuto over here.

I give them a good look over. The one that has been doing all the talking is tall, easily seven feet. He's covered in green, reptilian scales. Two horns protrude from his hairless head. The other one is a short, yellow blob. With four arms and three legs. Otherwise he is pretty featureless. The reptilian keeps his laser rifle trained on me.

I take a quick look around. They picked the perfect spot to ambush me. No rocks or other cover around. I'm backed up against a cliff. There is a ledge a little above me. I'd never get up there before they shot me to pieces. I hope they haven't noticed my blaster. I slowly start to move my hand to the blaster handle.

"IenwqoOW ! ifo !ka!!ooqq ! @fw"

I look at the source of the voice. He must be the one they called over. He's a eight foot hairy ape. Not much else to say about him.

"Nuto! It's about time you got here!"

Both by captors turn their head for a moment to look at the hairy newcomer. That's all the opportunity I need. I reach for my blaster pull out before any of them know what's happened and fire away. One blast hits the green lizard one, knocking him backwards into the hairy one.

The yellow one fires a laser rifle at me. It I duck and twirl around and fire a blast at him. Eggg. It takes his arm off and a gooey yellow goop globs out of the wound. I hate people like him, nothing inside.

Before he can recover and fire another blast I'm on him. I swing back, fully concentrating on a swing when the oddest thing happens. Out of the ring, a green fist appears and smacks into the yellow blob. He falls backwards.

No time to think about what just happened. I swirl around and start firing blaster shots at the green one and the hairy one. The green one's thick but I finally get through. The hairy one stumbles around a little before I finally bring him down. These three aren't the only ones. I better get out of here before their buddies get here.

14. The Detective

Re: I am gonna get my ring today, my ring today, my ring today...

Um, I think that 2003 isn't wuite far enoug. Like present year doesn't work. How about 2014?

15. Cyber E.

Cyber E. Active Member

OOC : Argh, sorry about the year thing, had the RPG mixed up. I'll edit it now.

16. Drachentöter

Drachentöter Good night. And good luck.

OoC: 2014 seems like a good year to me. I don't have a specific idea for my costume. Try to envision DK's costume with CK's emblem on my chest. No mask, it obscures my perfect vision. :D

IC: Zan Velin 8:30 AM Earth time

The alley where the green thing crashed is glowin' brighter than the fifth sun. On Tay 1, glowin' stuff usually means poisonous radiation, but I don't slow down. I credit it to hunger. Hunger makes you work weird.

There it is, lying next to a foul-smelling trash can. It's a ring, glowing bright green. I look at it curiously. I've never been one to wear jewelry, but if it can get me a couple of bucks...

I bend over and pick it up. Suddenly, it starts spinnin' like a top and floats in the air. Then it starts spinnin' round me, forming a green ring 'round my waist. I'm startin' to get freaked out, scared I guess you could say. There aren't many times I can admit to that, but this is one of them.

The ring flies onto my finger. My eyes widen as I hear the boom of many voices chanting in unison:

"In brightest day
    "In blackest night
    "No evil shall escape my sight!
    "Let those who worship evil's might
    "Beware my power--
    "Green Lantern's LIGHT!"

I feel power surgin' through me as my clothes disappear, replaced by some spiffy green and black threads. There's something like a clink in my head as if this ring is attaching itself to my mind.

Prove yourself, I hear.

Then a totally different sound invades the alley. Landebark and his fellow catcher goons barge in with their beat-sticks and they have me cornered. The diamonds glint menacingly and I feel that mental link weakening, overpowered by my reaction to the gems.

The catchers look so cocky in their purple exo-suits which protect 'em from their own weapons. They think it makes 'em look so powerful. I think it looks fruity.

"So," Landebark growls. "Stealing clothes now, Velin? And I thought you couldn't sink any lower."

"Why don't you shove that beat-stick down your throat, Landebark?" I growl as I feel my muscles go limp from exposure.

The diamond comes swingin' toward me and I barely have enough time to duck. I think I felt the ring pulling me away from danger, but even if it did, I know my link won't last long in the presence of those staffs.

I want to run. I want to get away. My ring finger tingles slightly as if trying to respond to my wishes, but it's hopeless. It's leaving me as my mind clouds. I collapse to the ground just as another beat stick crashes into the circuit-box right behind me.

I hear the sparks fly from the box and I hear flames come to life. I smile as my eyes close. The wiring in this area has been faulty for as long as I can remember. The slightest disturbance could set the whole 'hood ablaze. Especially since the Taitian metal used in electronics, xaxian, is prone to being explosive.

Burned alive...starved to death...same difference, I think, close to blacking out.

BOOM!

17. LadyM

LadyM Active Member

IC: Tel'ak Ren

8:40 AM Earth Time

In retrospect, it was a really, really dumb idea. Maybe there was a reason why everyone avoided Oa, y'know? Maybe it was haunted or sacred or whatever the Rumor o' the Week was about the dead planet.

But I got to thinking . . . if you wanted to protect something, something powerful or valuable, wouldn't spreading nasty rumors about spirits and flesh-eating crabs be the FIRST item on your agenda?

Well, I found out Oa's secret, all right. It's the most mind-numbingly boring place in the universe.

I should know; I've been stuck here three days. It feels like three weeks. Maybe months. Years would be stretching it a little, but not much.

The strange thing is . . . there's nothing wrong with the ship. Nothing, naught, nada. I've checked that crate over time and time again. Nothing's broken. Not out of fuel. Not even dented. But if you try to start it, it sputters a little, rises maybe two feet off the ground, and then without even a bleep of warning, all the systems die. It's like . . . like something wants to keep me here.

That's ridiculous, of course. Who would want me?

The strangest part is the ring, though. I found it the first day, half-buried in the sand. A green ring.

A pretty blatant copy of a Green Lantern ring, in fact. They sell these things at souvenir booths all over the galaxy. Great for rooking tourists. A couple years ago there was a weird fad on Galantis-4 where people would use them as engagement rings. On Zeratem, youth gangs put 'em on their eyestalks. Kids these days, huh? Weird.

Anyway, I didn't think much of it; I left it there and went to check the anti-grav drive--AGAIN! But when I turned around--there was the green ring, sitting by my toolbox. Okaaaay . . .

It didn't really register at the time; I'd just hit my thumb with the pliers and I was kind of, well, swearing. But later I went to get some rations out of the cargo hold--and there the damn thing was again, sitting on top of the crates this time.

It only got more bizarre from there. The ring was everywhere, even though I never saw it move. Maybe this place really is haunted.

So right now I'm sitting in the shade of my ship, holding the green ring and just . . . looking at it.

I keep telling myself not to be stupid--it's just a cheap trinket made to part the foolish with their cash.

Don't let yourself believe, I keep thinking. You'll only be disappointed.

But part of me wants to believe.

Maybe part of me needs to.

And really, what can it hurt?

Oh, what the hell. I shrug two shoulders and slip the ring onto one of my pale blue fingers . . .

18. The Detective

OOC: Finally! I'm not alone on Oa any more!
    IC:
    Monday January 27 8:47
    Well I got away from those bounty hunters but I'm not safe yet. There's a whole camp of rowdy smugglers just around the next cliff. Which is why I'm getting out of here.

I start to run, my whole body just wanting to get out of here when all of a sudden the ring starts to glow. This is too wierd. My arm jerks forward I start to run forward faster than I ever have. Funny thing is my feet are hardly moving. It's almost like the ring is moving me. Silly I know.

I've got to think this over. This is not right. I look down. I'm back in the green and black costume. I guess it came back when the ring started to glow. Well I sit and start to think things over.

Looking back I have heard of this planet. It's an old hideout for smugglers and thieves and just about anybody else that's running from the law. But they say it's haunted. I always just figured that it was a rumour started to keep everybody away but with what I've been through I'm not so sure. I don't know why I didn't realize what planet this was.

There's something else that's been bugging me. This costume and ring seem somehow vaguely familiar in the back of my mind. I think I saw some of these rings for sale once but I'm not sure.

I get up and start to move around. I just wish I could see if....Wait a minute, there's a ship in the distance! I can just see a silver glint in the distance. Has to come from a star ship. And it's not one of the smugglers or it would be with the rest.

Suddenly, it's wierd I can almost feel the power in the air. My ring starts to glow and then a beam shoots out pointing to that ship. It's almost like I'm supposed to be there.

19. Cyber E.

Cyber E. Active Member

OOC :
    Here is the pick of what my costume looks like
    [​IMG]

#19 Cyber E., Jan 23, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2003
  20. Condiment King

Monday, January 21, 9:15 A.M.

Is it wrong to pretend to be a kid again? Is it wrong to just hide from this world, close your eyes, and dream you are flying.

This is practically what I am doing. After I got the ring, I didn't take any more chances, and flew to the top of some building. Forget which, but noone can see me up here, unless they're a hawkeye. I've been flying around and trying out the ring for the past fifteen minutes.

I make a shovel and fly to the old junkyard. I try my hand at picking up various items. Garbage can. Some doll. Then, the strangest thing happens. I try to pick up a Homer Simpson doll, the one from that old tv show, The Simpsons, and I can't pick it up. I try again. Its no use. I kick at the thing and flustration, covering it with mud, and then try again. I could do it this time. What the............?

"How come I couldn't do it before?" I say aloud.

"This Oan ring has an impurity to yellow."

I turn around.

"Who said that?"

"Your Oan ring."

I stare at the ring. What in the world? The ring can talk???

"How can you talk?"

"Each Oan ring has the normal abilities but each Oan ring has a specific weakness and a specific strength. Your weakness is yellow."

"What is my strength?"

"You can speak to your ring."

"Are you trying to say, there are more GLs?"

"Yes."

"Well, why don't you tell me how many?"

"Said question was not asked."

"A wise guy, huh?"

"This Oan ring is not a human, and is only wise in artificial intelligence, purely informativ---."

"Okay, okay. How many are there?"

"How many of what?"

"GREEN LANTERNS!"

"There are four other Green Lanterns besides you at this time."

"Could you take me to one?"

"At this time?"

"I guess."

All of a sudden, I begin to fly at an unbelievable speed.

"Is it necessary to travel at this speed?"

"If you would like to get there soon."

Before I know it, we are reaching a seemingly uninhabited planet.

"Where are we, ring?"

"We are about to enter into the atmosphere of.........Oa."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.