1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Green Lantern" Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Cortez2301, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

2. CyclonatorZ

CyclonatorZ Active Member

Way to completely misrepresent what I've said in all my previous posts. If you had been paying attention, you would have realized I have criticized only one thing: passing judgement on a film before seeing it. There is a huge gulf between doing that and merely discussing a film, or even criticizing any aspect of what information we have seen before. I've been doing plenty of the latter two things myself, as has everyone else in this topic. There's no problem with that, nor did I ever say there was.

I also don't appreciate you calling me a bully, when nothing I have done even comes close to that. I have already stated several times I have no problems with people raising complaints about this film, and I have openly participated in this and other talkbacks without once complaining that a member's opinion is contrary to mine.

However, If I came off in any other way, I'm sorry. That was not my intention, and I won't continue this discussion.

3. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

I finally saw a commercial on tv with the bad guy. I personally would have put that one before Thor, as it was much better than the one I saw. The story looks passable, but I know I'm going to laugh every time Jordan has a mask on.

4. dmxx116

5. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

6. Cortez2301

Cortez2301 Active Member

Thanks for posting the Twitter comments guys! If things are looking good, and the way I see it, the movie may turn out to be a sleeper hit, and will finally bring in another good Dc movie. I mean wow, last year we only had Red (which was decent), and "The Losers" and "Jonah hex" just turned out bad (the latter was worse than the former obviously). So maybe We can get better quality movies lIke Nolan's Batman movies.

But seriously, I do feel like people are being too harsh on the trailer just because it is filled with aliens and stuff. It looks okay for a movie, but I don't know if it will be great (BUT I SURE AS HELL HOPE SO!). I do think Blake Lively should have been replaced and some of the humour should have been re-written, but it does look like an ambitious serious attempt at telling a Good Green Lantern story (and I don't know much about GL). So heres hoping...

7. CyclonatorZ

8. Bat-Fan Beyond

Bat-Fan Beyond Active Member

Good to hear!

One guy says he loved it, but it reminds him of The Last Starfighter!

Well, D'uh! That's because it's a very similar concept!

9. kid rabbit

kid rabbit Active Member

I just found 8 clips count em 8:) clips of green lantern at [link removed]

Mod Note: Website link remove. Linking to said site is not allowed here at toonzone.

10. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

I'm happy to see those reviews, that latest trailer looked pretty good to me. I hear people complaining about the effects not looking good (For the record, they looked better in that latest trailer) when we're forgetting about the story and the acting, both fronts of which we have seen very little. I'm not going to say Reynolds and Lively are miscast when we have seen, at best, two minutes of combined time of them actually acting and not surrounded by special effects. Remember, the real meat and potatoes of the movie are yet to be seen.

11. dmxx116

#471 dmxx116, Jun 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2011
  12. CyclonatorZ

13. Bat-Fan Beyond

I know a lot of really big GL fans are probably going to hate me for saying this, but I'm a little worried that having excessive use of the ring making constructs like machine guns and catapults and such may come off a little too much like Jim Carry's The Mask.

Based on that last scene, it does appear a bit comical and over the top. I always liked the ring's power being kept simple with ray blasts and shields, and less technical even with simple constructs like hands and hammers -- But that's just me, I guess. I just never understood why the ring would make a gun or a missle launcher to shoot a bullet or a missle, when the ring itself can shoot any projectile, like a bullet or a missle, and any size, directly from it. It may be less imaginative, but realistically it seems more effective to have things propel directly from the ring, instead of the slight delay in contructing some elaborate machine and taking the time to have to aim it during a moment of attack.

[​IMG]

14. dmxx116

15. Mek

Mek Digestive Juices

jfwiw, I won passes to a preview screening of the movie next Wednesday via a local radio station.

I AM EXCITE =D

16. dmxx116

17. Bat-Fan Beyond

Nothing in that article really indicates a "hatred" for special effects -- He just sounds like someone who likes movies that don't rely so much on them, and as a filmmaker doesn't prefer to use them.

18. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

19. dmxx116

Here a new Green Lantern TV spot that shows Hal Jordan doing constructs:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/167515-new-green-lantern-tv-spot

Here another new Green Lantern featurette is here. This time, some more footage has been revealed including a battle between Parallax and the Corps, plus much more:

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/green-lantern.html?showVideo=1#belowNav

Hear what Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively had to say about the future of the franchise including details on the rift between Hal and Sinestro as well as the introduction of Star Sapphire:

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2011/06/10/green-lantern-2-ryan-reynolds-blake-lively/

20. Dragnatek

Dragnatek Well-Known Member

Watches the featurette

Wait Sinestro pretty much just made Captain America's shield and then threw it at Hal. OK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.