1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Green Lantern Corps." Feature Film News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by dmxx116, Apr 17, 2015.

1. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

#1 dmxx116, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2016
  2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm cool with that if it pans out. I like Stewart more anyway.

3. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

To the unenlightened, most know Stewart as GL anyways. Hal is for geek elite nowadays, though, it was correct of them to use him in the origin film. For another shot, it is NOW equally correct to use Stewart.

4. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

With Jon Stewart it makes that accusation that Cyborg is only around to be the token black guy redundant.

5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'd prefer Hal, or just have the two together even, but I'd be perfectly happy to see John get a shot as the main DCCU Green Lantern :).

Just so long as John being the main Lantern in the movies doesn't mean anything bad for Hal in the comics :(.

And yeah, on the minority front, DC would have an advantage over Marvel if they have two African-American members in the starting lineup for the JL. Though it looks likely Wonder Woman will still be the only woman :sweat:.

6. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

One would think the other GLs based in this sector would emerge at some point before the Green Lantern movie comes out in 2020.

7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

We do have an older Bruce, so I would hope an older Hal exists. In theory, by BvS, he's in the GL Honor Guard and mostly in space investigating priority stuff while Stewart is the assigned GL to our sector.

8. the greenman

That's the only thing that would turn me off of this idea. If they did the same thing as JL/JLU and have Hal be non-existent.

9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Hey, if this new GL movie franchise manages to take off in 2019, maybe it has the chance to do what the original live-action movie failed to achieve and actually eventually incorporate all the Earth Lanterns :)?

10. Road to Gotham

Road to Gotham Well-Known Member

Let the movie side have John and the TV side have Hal. Problem solved.

11. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Actually they could get away with an active old Green Lantern... that never actually patrolled earth at all. Thinking about it I"m not sure if this was something always in the comic but I remember that supposedly once you become a lantern you're not suppose to really patrol or be around your home planet and train off world and be stationed in a different universe for awhile. So it could be possible an older green lantern was like half a galaxy away training or being stationed over there for years and finally came back to earth in the time of Justice League. Honestly that's how I assumed it went in the DCAU: Hal Jordan was off finishing his training and off duty on the cosmos until Kyle Rayner was chosen in STAS's "In Brightest Day" and when Rayner went to his training off world, Stewart wound up going back to earth. I think the first episodes of JL did state he hadn't been on earth or at least his own home turf for awhile. So it's possible that since Earth was likely quiet of any major crimes until Zod's invasion there wasn't a specific need for a green lantern and there may be now. Don't know but it's an explanation they can go with at least.

12. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

That makes sense. Perhaps the GL Corps is suspicious of this Kryptonian on landed on a previously uninteresting planet.

13. dmxx116

14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  15. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

The first Green Lantern movie was a financial and critical flop. I'm surprised WB would give this franchise another go.

But hey, if it gets us away from more Batman, I'm all for it. Now let's see if they can make a GOOD movie this time.

16. the greenman

So any word from Chris Pine and Tyrese?

17. Mostezli

Mostezli Corroborating with EVIL

Buddy Cop movie in Space imminent!:D

18. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Oh man, this is great.

For one, the lack of other GL's other than Hal in the first film was one of my biggest complaints.

Two, this means it's possible that we'll get Hal Jordan, John Stewart, Kilowog, etc in the same film.

Three, I just like group films. :p

So yeah, I definitely approve of this.

19. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Honestly, this is a no brainer. Having more than one human GL is what they should have done with the first movie.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. dmxx116