1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Greatest Fighter Ever!

Discussion in 'Fun & Games' started by Charles Chimag, Jul 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

*looks at the title of the thread* Yeah... why should it matter whether they're overpowered or not? The fact is that they are among the strongest remaining fighters in this competition and deserve to advance.

1. Goku (NOT the strongest being in the universe - at the end of DBZ, there are a few characters more powerful than him. But he's still one hell of a fighter!)
    2. Hulk
    3. Godzilla
    4. Toguro

1. Majin Buu
    2. Vegeta
    3. Silver Surfer
    4. Green Lantern

2. SpideyFan914

SpideyFan914 Greatest Poster Ever!

1. Goku (There we go! An explanation of what the hell these guys can do! I was wondering why we didn't get that sooner!)
    2. Gozilla (There goes Tokyo....)
    3. Toguro (Honestly.... maybe it was a bad explanation, but he doesn't sound stronger than Godzilla....)
    4. Hulk (Not unbeatable. How could be beat Godzilla? Seriously?)

1. Silver Surfer (Needs the help - POWER COSMIC, PEOPLE!)
    2. Buu (Sounds powerful enough....)
    3. Vegeta (What? No explanataion of what he can do? Gee, thanks!)
    4. Green Lantern (How did he make it this far? Way out of his league - this is the league where Superman and Batman BOTH failed!)

3. The Cartoon

The Cartoon Moderator

Yeah, this exactly.

4. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

I thought it was explained several times... And if you were really curious, you could've looked 'em up! BTW, Vegeta is about... two-thirds as powerful as Goku, I guess. Like Goku and Majin Buu, he's pretty much invulnerable, super strong, able to fly, able to fire energy blasts... only these guys would eat Superman for breakfast.
    The power cosmic wouldn't be enough to save him from Vegeta or Majin Buu...
    Even down to the 'Vegeta and Buu are overpowered' bit? This is the 'Greatest Fighter Ever' thread. Their incredible power means you should support them.

5. jph139

jph139 Immortal

I dunno. I mean, Gohan and Uub and such... they have the potential to be stronger, but neither really achieve that potential. Gohan, maybe, but after he gets eaten by Buu he just kinda... retires, y'know? Goku is always training.

But I see where you're coming from.

EDIT: Oh, and as for Toguro, think of it like this. At his apex, Yusuke needed all of his energy to beat him. All of his energy would be, I dunno, a TASTE of that god-power that Sensui used. This is the stuff that makes the gods into gods, and Toguro matches it blow for blow (though eventually he DOES lose). He's a deity-level power. Godzilla isn't. The Hulk isn't.

Also, the Hulk is pretty much immortal, so, not sure how Godzilla could take him down... like, didn't he get burned down to a skeleton with a few organs hanging off and just grow it all back?

6. SpideyFan914

Btw, ShadowStar, since you said that you won't be on for a few days, I suggest this: Give your rankings for all those remaining, so we can insert your vote for you!

7. cradleman

cradleman Member

and Godzilla's been reduced to a heart that keeps beating. the only way known to ACTUALLY kill him so far, was to destroy all the oxygen in the water he was breathing. that is it. nothing else has killed him. I'd still take Godzilla

8. SpideyFan914

Which, by the way, was EPIC!!

9. jph139

jph139 Immortal

I dunno, I'd bet that a punch from Goku or Toguro or Hulk could create a vacuum. Or they could just run at super speed.

Or blow up the planet. That would work.

10. cradleman

cradleman Member

actually, it killed him by destroying the oxygen in his own cells, it skelatized him. I dont think he even needs to breathe. and that was the WEAKEST Godzilla yet. like i said, one version got reduced to his heart and it was still beating! (meaning he would eventually regenerate).

11. jph139

jph139 Immortal

Cell was reduced to a single brain cell before regenerating, and Goku's TEENAGE SON beat him without too much trouble (well, relatively). Buu can become a single atom, and Goku erased him from existence!

And Toguro, if I recall correctly... simply being near him erases people from existence. Just being within, like, a hundred yards of him! He doesn't even need to be paying attention!

12. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

So you're implying that Goku is therefore a lot stronger than Gohan. But that's not true, because in the Buu saga, the Old Kai trains Gohan and Gohan's full power is unleashed. As a result, he's the most powerful fighter - more powerful than a Super Saiyan 3, more powerful than Super Buu (Super Buu was Majin Buu's strongest form). In that saga, Goku is at his strongest as a Super Saiyan 3, which makes him weaker than Gohan. Goku did finish off Buu, but that was only because he collected the energy of everyone on Earth in a spirit bomb and threw it at Buu.

Also, Gohan wasn't a teenager when he killed Cell. He was a kid. :p

In the last couple of episodes of DBZ, Gohan has 'retired', true, but we don't see him fighting, so we can't conclude that he has become any weaker, let alone weaker than Goku. Goku continued to train, yes, but that doesn't mean a lot for the reason I just stated and also because Vegeta is ALWAYS training, yet Goku and Gohan are a lot stronger than him in the Buu saga (and the latter did very little training in between the Cell and Buu sagas!)

I'm going to ignore DBGT completely, because nearly every character from DBZ became mysteriously weaker, only because the writers wanted to put Goku in the spotlight at the expense of practically all the existing characters.

13. jph139

jph139 Immortal

I think it's a matter of raw power vs. use of power. Like, Gohan definitely CAN BE and, on the whole, IS stronger than Goku - but Goku is more willing to fight, more used to fighting, and overall better at it. Now, who would win? No idea. But during the Cell Saga, the whole thing was that Gohan WAS strong, but isn't like Goku - he doesn't like fighting, and he doesn't want to push himself to that edge that Goku and Vegeta and the rest of the bunch do.

So, yeah, it's nature vs. nurture. Gohan gets his strength by virtue of being, while Goku gets his from training (and, well, a healthy dash of Saiyan).

14. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

My rankings for the final 12:

1. Majin Buu
    2. Goku
    3. Vegeta
    4. Galactus
    5. Silver Surfer
    6. Death of the Endless
    7. Dumbledore
    8. Godzilla
    9. Hulk
    10. Odin
    11. Green Lantern
    12. Toguro

15. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

Thing is, in the Cell saga, Gohan did push himself to the edge and in that particular saga, he was the strongest character. It's tricky to explain, but I think his heart wasn't in it until he became a Super Saiyan 2 during the fight with Cell. I think he was more comfortable about fighting (and killing those who would go on to kill millions if given the opportunity) after that.

16. SpideyFan914

I am completely lost here.

17. cradleman

cradleman Member

me too. lol:anime:

18. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Goku
    Toguro
    Hulk
    Godzilla (Yeah, I don't think so)

Buu (All he has to do is turn everyone into chocolate)
    Vegeta
    GL (Vegeta has a yellow aura, so yeah)
    Silver Surfer

19. jph139

jph139 Immortal

Yeah, I suppose so. When he's at the edge, Gohan is much stronger than Goku. But I think - on a day-to-day basis - Goku has him outclassed.

20. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

IMO, Gohan slacks off too much, which is why Goku surpasses him. If Gohan were more serious, then I think he could pass Goku.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.