Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Fun & Games' started by Superpan, May 31, 2011.
First post will be in a little bit.
In this match of people from all over...
...the actress with an critically acclaimed bone in her body...
....a man who has been in action movies and The Paul Reiser Show...
....the man of many talents...
...and the most heroic hero.
In this second more obscure match of STARS...
...I saw this guy in Ed Wood...
...the man who put the bad in the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly...
Lee Van Cleef
...the girl on Mullholland Drive...
...and the daughter of the puppeteer.
1. Jennifer Lawrence
2. Omid Djalili
3. Orson Welles
4. Masi Oka
1. Vincent D'Onofrio
2. Lee Van Cleef
3. Laura Harring
4. Candice Bergen
1. Orson Welles- His Charles Foster Kane was masterful, to say nothing of his Harry Lime, which was so good it managed to steal the movie from the director!
2. Jennifer Lawrence- Going to see her in X-Men and she seems interesting.
3. Masi Oka- Heard of him and he was okay in Get Smart.
4. Omid Djalili- I've heard of his movies.
1. Candice Bergen- Was great in Boston Legal.
2. Lee Van Cleef- Shouldn't need the help, but apparently needs a picture on Wikipedia.
3. Vincent D'onfrio- Played Orson Welles!
4. Laura Harring- Will get around to Mullholland Drive.
Also, since I ran out of room in the first post, here's how this contest is going to work. We will have 1 round of the first 5 groups. Then the 64 remaining will be joined with the 64 in the bonus group for one large competition.
Well, it's about time. Yay
1.Orson Welles- Besides being a great filmmaker, his performances were well done. Long live Unicron.
2.Masi Oka- Only here cause I haven't seen the other two in anything yet.
3.Jennifer Lawrence- Here cause of XMen: First Class, but don't know her.
4.Omid Dajili- Doesn't stand a chance.
1.Vincent D'Onfrio- Easy win. This guy's a thespian.
2.Candice Bergen- Really good actress, but more on the comedic end. Great in Boston Legal, but grew tired of Shatner and Spader fawning over her.
3.Lee Van Cleef- Name is forever linked to Spaghetti Western. Really just got typecasted too much as heavies.
4.Laura Haring- No clue who this is.
Well, I'm confused.... I know I saw a few doubles (Gene Kelly and Jimmy Stewart, I remember off-hand), but why do the bonus group get the pass to move on? And how is it gonna work with six groups anyway? Heck, where'd all these names even come from?
1. Jennifer Lawrence (Though I wasn't crazy about Winter's Bone, she was undeniably great! I look forward to seeing her in future movies - definitely a fine upcoming actress.)
2. Orson Welles (Well, duh, but he won't need the help.)
3. Masi Oka (Hiro!!!)
4. Omid Djalili (Don't know.)
1. Laura Harring (Just saw Mulholland Dr last week. That was weird....)
2. Lee Van Cleef (Oh yeah, he was good in For a Few Dollars More.)
3. Vincent D'onfrio (A nice cameo, but that's all I know him for.)
4. Candice Bergen (Don't know.)
Where did you see the doubles?
I went through the entire thread and put every single person I read in a post and put them on the list. The only people excluded were people I myself mentioned.
The bonus group get a pass because of the luck of the draw.
I found Jimmy Stewart. Not sure where Gene Kelly is. Spideyfan, would you like to make a replacement nomination?
Okay, I found Gene Kelly and since 62 isn't as even, Spideyfan can make 2.
Lol. Yeah, you didn't go through the thread like I said. When you told us to make final changes, some of us changed or nominations in favor of others. I know I changed some of mine for other people's actor suggestions that they couldn't get nomed.
Yes, I did. For instance, you switched out Ice T for Rachel MacAdams. Both Rachel MacAdams and Ice T are in this competition. I went to the first page and made a list of every name I saw mentioned. So every single actor you guys mentioned (except Amanda Bynes) in the thread is in this competition. It took me until 2 in the morning to finish the final list.
Also, Spideyfan, I don't think Clare Danes was nominated. Just saying...
Okay, sorry. So basically you extended the list we already had. Cool, should interesting indeed. Thanx.
1. Jennifer Lawrence - Hunger Games can't come soon enough.
2. Omid Djalili - I know him more from his vocal work than action work.
3. Orson Welles - Haven't seen any of his work, but I know he's good.
4. Masi Oka - I only know him from Get Smart. He did decent, I guess.
I'll pass on the second round.
Lee Van Cleef
I'll go with these
I agree with all of this.
Alright, I'm setting up an earlier update time so I don't have to look for pictures of horror stars later at night. I'll give Spideyfan another round to make selections.
Orson Welles- 16
Masi Oka- 11
Jennifer Lawrence- 11
Omid Dajili- 4
Orson Welles moves on and by virtue of being first more, Masi Oka beats Jennifer Lawrence!
Vincent D'Onfrio- 12
Lee Van Cleef- 10
Candice Bergen- 7
Laura Harring- 7
Vincent and Lee move on!
In this round from all eras...
...a man who will drink your milkshake...
...recently directed a film about a puppet that wasn't a muppet...
...the most beautiful movie star of all time...
...and cradleman's avatar.
In a detached match,
...I think her name was misspelled in nominations...
...an actor that shouldn't be left home alone...
...the actor who stole the show in Casablanca...
...and a logical choice.
1. Daniel Day-Lewis
2. Jodie Foster
3. Hedy Lamarr
4. Don Adams
1. Marina Sirtis
2. Macaulay Culkin
3. Claude Rains
4. Leonard Nimoy
1. Hedy Lamarr- I'm a fan. Not only do we share a birthday, not only is she one of the most beautiful people who ever lived, but did you know that she help invent wireless communication to fight the Nazis? What a woman. Oh, her acting...her performance in Ecstasy is THE romantic performance of cinema. Rarely does a film go into one's psyche as that one does and takes you over and part of it is her haunting performance as a young woman trapped in a loveless marriage. If you haven't seen it, you should get around to it. You'll never forget her.
2. Don Adams- Okay and the least threat to Hedy.
3. Jodie Foster- Good actor.
4. Daniel Day-Lewis- Good actor, but a threat to Hedy.
1. Claude Rains- I'm a HUGE fan. While he did a good job as Prince John in The Adventures of Robin Hood, he really shines in roles such as Senator Joseph Paine in Mr. Smith Goes to Washington and Captain Louis Renault in Casablanca where he's not good, but not quite bad either. You never know if he'll help our heroes or ruin them forever. Definitely an underappreciated actor and the best part of Casablanca.
2. Leonard Nimoy- It's Spock.
3. Marina Sirtis- Not sure who's the bigger threat. However, I've seen stronger performances from her...
4. Macaulay Culkin- ...than him. He was good in Kings though.
Whoa, this is gonna be a tough comp. If two or four is going out with no tie breaker, headshots will roll.
1. Daniel Day-Lewis- Now he is a THESPIAN.
2. Jodie Foster- I haven't exactly cared for much she has done since Silence of the Lambs. I don't know why.
3. Hedy Lamarr- Wow, she did that. COOL
4. Don Adams- Maxwell Smart is all I know him for.
1. Claude Rains- I need to watch the Wolfman again. But he's a great actor. Wasn't he in Lawrence of Arabia too? He's the man!
2. Leonard Nimoy- Nimoy created half of the stuff we know Spock, not Roddenberry.
3. Marina Sirtis- I always had an issue with her character on ST:TNG being violated by some alien entity. I got pointless after awhile. I think the show should have taken a cue from X-Men and allowed her to become some kind of Dark Phoenix character, cause she was actually good as a bad girl. Must be the accent.
4. Macaulay Culkin- Uncle Buck, Home Alone, and the Good Son. He never went beyond that for me. I haven't seen his adult stuff.
Psst...Spideyfan....nominate KATE WINSLET...psst...
1. Daniel Day-Lewis: he's a guy who you'll watch a movie for solely for him (such as There Will Be Blood) and his performances make it totally worth it.
2. Jodi Foster: really brilliant actress from her debut in Taxi Driver to Silence of the Lambs to even newer stuff like Flightplan and Panic Room
3. Don Adams: Love Get Smart and Adams is brilliant in it. sucks he's up against Foster and Day-Lewis.
4. Hedy: i have no idea who this is
1. Claude Raines: cause he's the Invisible Man!
2. Nimoy: SPOCK!
3. Culkin: Home Alone!
4. Sirtis: weakest main character on TNG!