1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Gravity Falls post-mortem

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Toonberculosis, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

I am sure Hirsch won't be jobless anytime soon. The animation industry is hard, but things get easier once you make a sucessful cartoon.

More worried about Jay Stephens, John R. Dilworth and the Frenchman Hugo Gittard :( Especially Dilworth. Courage the Cowardly Dog was so popular. What happened to him? He seems to be making one short film every two years or so.

2. PhineasPines

PhineasPines Member

The reason the Gravity Falls fandom may seem "dead" is because there is almost no new material to work with and talk about. More importantly, the reason why the Danny Phantom and Hey Arnold fan-bases feel more alive in comparison is that they actually have new material popping out after being silent franchises for so long (Hey Arnold Jungle Movie and Nick's sudden recognizance of Danny Phantom-being mainly from the short Butch Hartman crossover short). Both Hey Arnold and Danny Phantom also have more developed nostalgic value unlike Gravity Falls which ended but last year. The same thing happened in the Phineas and Ferb fandom when it ended, theres no point in trying to pump life into a recently ended show when all you have are reruns.

3. Mr.O

Mr.O Active Member

I'm only just now (in the past month) seeing fan content for Phineas and Ferb since it ended. And I do hear of Gravity Falls quite often.

4. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

He's already working on Detective Pikachu and Sony's animated Spider-Man movie. Dude will have no problem getting work.