1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Gravity Falls Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Alec, Apr 21, 2012.

1. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

Alex did say that he wanted to make a Gravity Falls movie, but unfortunately Disney has no interest in 2D films right now.

2. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

A graphic novel is better than nothing. And cheaper to produce too!
    I'm all for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, as cool as a movie would be, that's probably a lot harder to pull off than a graphic novel, especially if he wanted to put the movie in theaters. A made for TV special/movie would be more easier to pull off, but Disney normally doesn't do that for shows that have already ended. A graphic novel is at least some new content and it might be easier for him from a creative perspective than making a new season or movie too.

4. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

I prefer a graphic novel over the movie, I find them more interesting than movies.

5. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

He said he wanted to go for a theater movie.

I think Disney might've made an exception considering how well received Gravity Falls is.

6. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, that would have been really tough to pull off. While the show is successful and popular, I'm not sure if it's popular enough for Disney to green lite a 2D movie for theaters.

That's possible. It is pretty well received and they still air it plenty of times on Disney XD so kids wouldn't have forgotten about it by now. I don't know if there's any chance for that to happen now, but that would be cool.