1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Gotham "What the Little Bird Told Him" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by The Penguin, Jan 19, 2015.

1. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

The Electrocutioner! Tonight at 8 p.m. ET on FOX.

[​IMG]
    "What the Little Bird Told Him"
    Monday, January 19, 2015 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on FOX
    AN ESCAPEE FROM ARKHAM SPARKS PERIL IN GOTHAM ON AN ALL-NEW “GOTHAM” MONDAY, JANUARY 19, ON FOX

In an attempt to get his job back, Gordon seeks to capture Jack Gruber (guest star Christopher Heyerdahl), a deranged electrical genius who escapes Arkham Asylum. Meanwhile, Falcone struggles to hold onto his empire after Fish Mooney makes her next move.

#1.11: "Rogues' Gallery"

FOX.com/Gotham

2. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Didn't like this one. The Electrocutioner storyline was a prime example of what I feel this show does wrong. This show is best when it sticks to the more organized crime element instead of the comic elements that can't use Batman because he's still a kid. So Gordon at these times has to come off as a low rent Batman. It's just tonally very jarring and takes me out of the episodes.

The Falcone story was more interesting initially but it fell apart when Falcone actually was serious about leaving with that girl. I thought maybe he was playing an angle here but he was legit going to quit. I didn't believe that he was so into this random girl that he would just leave town for good. Terrible build up and Fish's plan was dumb. I'm not sure why she's still alive either. I think that last scene with him would have been better to off all of them to show that he's really back.

3. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Meh. I'm surprised they killed off Liza (or so it seems) so soon, and it seems Fish is next. The Electrocutioner wasn't as nutty as we thought, and, yeah, Gordon brought him down with a clever trick that was worthy of Batman with the liquid.

The new "Gotham Revealed" feature with Robin Lord Taylor looks like a fun trip. Sounds similar to what CW is doing with Flash.

4. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Pretty good episode. The Electrocutioner was a decent villain, and I liked how he was ultimately defeated. The parts with Don Falcone were probably more interesting, and it was pretty cool seeing how it all played out. The Penguin's story-arc seems to remain the best part of this show, at least for me.