1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Gotham "The Balloonman" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by The Penguin, Oct 6, 2014.

1. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

Up, up and away! Tonight at 8 p.m. ET on FOX.

[​IMG]
    "The Balloonman"
    Monday, October 6, 2014 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on FOX
    THE SAFETY OF GOTHAM IS UP IN THE AIR ON AN ALL-NEW "GOTHAM" MONDAY, OCTOBER 6, ON FOX

Detectives Gordon and Bullock track down a vigilante who is killing corrupt Gotham citizens by attaching them to weather balloons. Meanwhile, Oswald Cobblepot returns to Gotham and gets a new job close to an important figure in the underworld.

#1.02: "Selina Kyle"

FOX.com/Gotham

2. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

Episode #3

Ooh, sword-fighting time. If Bruce can smile here then with all hope he won't wind up twenty-five, rich, and a bachelor.

Cobblepot killed him for his shoes!

Lieutenant Cranston is a mean fighter! Too bad he still wound up flyin'!

The guitar piece during Bullock's search is not too shabby.

"Where do they find shovels that big?"

"Who do you fight for when the government is corrupt?" The people nearest you are the only ones you can fight for. If everyone does that than the world would be as good as it can get.

Cobblepot has long-since stolen this show. Hard to think only a year ago Taylor was some dweeb on The Walking Dead, now he's the face of this series.

#2 KYO'NYUU IMOUTO, Oct 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2014
  3. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

I'm trying to remember where I've seen the actor who played "Balloon Man". Decent whodunit, played like a normal crime drama.

Donal Logue has come a long, long, long way from his days as Jimmy the Cabbie from MTV back in the late 80's. I think he & Robin Lord Taylor could be up for Emmys next year.

4. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

I don't think I like this take on the Penguin. I mean, I'm sure he had to start from somewhere (or nothing) to become a city crime lord. I never once pictured him a "weasel" though. He rats out his boss in hopes to take control, which obviously backfires. Every time he is threatened, he takes a "please don't hurt me" reaction to it. I see no kind of toughness here. At least the toughness I assume that would be needed to be the crime lord he would eventually become.

If Jim Gordon is a by the book, good cop, law is the law, etc kind of guy, why does he date someone who smokes an illegal substance?

5. Hanshotfirst1138

Hanshotfirst1138 Singing drunken lullabies

I'm not entirely sure he knows about her drug habit

6. hobbyfan

1. Not sure if Gordon knows about Barbara's habits.
    1a. Looked like they were teasing something else, too.
    2. Bear in mind that they're playing fast and loose with DC history, just as they do with Arrow and now Flash. DC gives the creators license to develop their own visions, which are contrary to the comics for that reason. The Oswald Cobblepot we see now, a nebbish, more than anything, isn't exactly the Penguin we know, even in the developmental stage. Too skinny.

7. Tohya

Tohya deficit omne quod nasciture

Id have to ask if that entire scene just went over your head? Just so were clear Barbara and Montoya are ex lovers and recovering drug addicts. Im fuzzy on whether it was impiled Barbara was once an addict but Montoya def was. Point being it was hinted in the first two episodes that Barbara has kept certain aspects of her past hidden. So like the others have mentioned...if Jim doesn't know about Montoya and Barbara's history then hes also in the dark about how she uh....deals with her stress.

8. hobbyfan

I knew there was something between Barb and Renee Montoya. So Barbara works both sides of the street, if you know what I mean. Drugs, though? Well, this isn't playing according to DC canon, so.........!