1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Gotham" Season Two Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by The Penguin, Sep 21, 2015.

1. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

"Mommy's Little Monster" November 2, 2015

Revenge of The Penguin! Tonight at 8 p.m. ET on FOX.

[​IMG]
    "Mommy's Little Monster"
    Monday, November 2, 2015 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on FOX
    A NEW MAYOR WILL BRING NEW TERROR ON AN ALL-NEW “GOTHAM” MONDAY, NOVEMBER 2, ON FOX

Butch leads Penguin and his men to the warehouse where Gertrude is being held, as Penguin plots his revenge on Galavan for kidnapping his mother. Meanwhile, Nygma deals with the aftermath of a deadly accident.

2. Road to Gotham

Road to Gotham Well-Known Member

Maybe now Pengy can get over his mommy issues and become a calculating Crime Boss we all know and love to read and watch.

3. The Penguin

Staff Member Moderator

"Tonight's the Night" November 9, 2015

Barbara targets Jim! Tonight at 8 p.m. ET on FOX.

[​IMG]
    "Tonight's the Night"
    Monday, November 9, 2015 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on FOX
    GALAVAN SENDS BARBARA OUT FOR REVENGE ON AN ALL-NEW “GOTHAM” MONDAY, NOVEMBER 9, ON FOX

Galavan sends Barbara after Jim Gordon, while he tries to make a business deal with Bruce Wayne. Barnes and Bullock are hot on Barbara’s trail, and Nygma has a run-in with a familiar face.

4. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Just watched it On Demand, since I was watching Supergirl last night.

1. Theo overplayed his hand a little too quickly. Too smug, too arrogant, too disingenuous, too greedy, and he gets nailed. So what happens now, since Mayor James has been rescued? A recall election?

2. I don't like Eddie's split personality deal. It's a call-back to the last guy to play the Riddler, that being Jim Carrey, 20 years ago, in "Batman Forever", via another of Carrey's movies (Me, Myself, & Irene). "Evil" Eddie looks as though CM Smith was trying to affect a Carrey-esque look, IMPO.

3. I am not on board with Silver St. Cloud being related to Galavan. Again, the producers seem to think that populating young Bruce's circle of friends with various female armpieces from his adult life will be a hook. That gimmick might've worked if they stayed with just Selina. Next thing you'll know, they'll bring someone in to play Julie Madison or someone else.....!

I've read that B. D. Wong (ex-Law & Order:SVU) is coming in to play Hugo Strange, or, to be more precise, a mashup of Strange and Dr. Moon, another mad scientist from the comics. Meh.

5. The Penguin

Staff Member Moderator

"A Bitter Pill to Swallow" November 16, 2015

New Gotham! Tonight at 8 p.m. ET on FOX.

[​IMG]
    "A Bitter Pill to Swallow"
    Monday, November 16, 2015 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on FOX
    GORDON ENCOUNTERS ONE OF GOTHAM’S MOST DANGEROUS HITMEN ON AN ALL-NEW “GOTHAM”
    MONDAY, NOVEMBER 16, ON FOX
    Gordon and Barnes continue cleaning up Gotham, and Gordon comes face-to-face with one of the city’s most dangerous hitmen, Eduardo Flamingo (guest star Raul Castillo). Meanwhile, Nygma and Penguin cross paths again, and Bruce pressures Galavan into handing over the name of his parents’ murderer.

6. The Penguin

Staff Member Moderator

"The Son of Gotham" November 23, 2015

"Whatever Galavan is planning, it's happening tonight!" Tonight at 8 p.m. ET on FOX.

[​IMG]
    "The Son of Gotham"
    Monday, November 23, 2015 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on FOX
    GORDON CHALLENGES A SUSPECT LINKED TO GALAVAN ON AN ALL-NEW “GOTHAM” MONDAY, NOVEMBER 23, ON FOX

Gordon confronts a suspect who is connected to Galavan, but falls short of obtaining any information. Meanwhile, Bruce gets one step closer to discovering the name of his parent’s killer

7. Mostezli

Mostezli Corroborating with EVIL

I hope to catch up on my favorite cbtv...
    just to see how well it currently stacks up to this season of Gotham.
    It has been one heck of a ride because the show has finally found its footing. It actually does flow better from the longer arc focus the developers promised. The characters have been getting the right amount of development with actors who continue to be enjoying every minute. The action in these past two have been superb (the last ep was a knockout "stuck-in-a-tower" brawl). The 1v1 fights in this ep were visceral and stunningly choreographed. The drama just keeps gaining momentum.
    This is gonna be a midseason finale I simply can't wait for.

8. hobbyfan

The Order of St. Dumas, or, as I mockingly called it, St. Dumptruck, back in the 90's, is another anachronism thrown in for the show. Galavan/Dumas shows his true colors to Gordon & Bruce, separately, but we know Alfred will be out of that garbage truck in time to help Bruce in the fall finale.

Aubrey James bought into the Big Lie, and that gets Galavan off. Not good. If there was a shred of decency to this moron, we wouldn't need this.

In the books, Bruce Wayne's 1st girlfriend, as a young adult, was Julie Madison. Why go the Betty-Veronica route with Selina & Silver as kids? Because it's all the modern audience knows, except in this case, the blonde (Silver) is being used here as a villain, which she really wasn't in the books back in the day. And DC suits are so obsessed with ensuring that fans believe Selina is THE ONE TRUE LOVE of Bruce Wayne. Whee.

Showing my age here, but having read the Golden Age reprints, nowhere did I see any real corruption in Gotham back in those days. That contrivance was a product of modern writers dating back to at least the 70's, and the rise of Rupert Thorne. Hmmmm, y'think maybe that dude could turn up if this show reaches a 3rd season?

9. The Penguin

Staff Member Moderator

"Worse Than A Crime" November 23, 2015

Fall finale! Tonight at 8 p.m. ET on FOX.

[​IMG]
    "Worse Than A Crime"
    Monday, November 30, 2015 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on FOX
    WHO WILL SAVE THE SON OF GOTHAM ON THE ALL-NEW FALL FINALE OF “GOTHAM” MONDAY, NOVEMBER 30, ON FOX

All-New Episodes of GOTHAM Return in 2016!

When Bruce Wayne is kidnapped, Gordon must look to some unlikely and dangerous allies for help. It is a battle of the villains, and not everyone makes it out alive.

10. hobbyfan

Ok, so the writers now have three months to try to get it all straightened out, because, quite frankly, this has been an up & down mess.

The Order of St. Dumptruck gets beaten pretty easily. Galavan shows his true colors to Silver (no shock). Unfortunately, he'll be back after Hugo Strange puts the ugly stick to him. Meh.

FWIW, BD Wong (ex-Law & Order: SVU) has been cast as Strange, which would make Strange a merger of the classic villain with the lesser known Dr. Moon, who hassled Batman, Batgirl, and others in the comics in the 80's. Casting idea borrowed from Team Berlanti over on Supergirl. Prepare to be underwhelmed.

11. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

Such a bonkers finale to a show that has generally been crazy. Gotham is becoming such a violent campy show and I have no idea what the show's creative team ultimate goal is with this series. It's swerving all over the place and there doesn't seem to be any real plan. The "Rise of the Villains" name was completely superficial. While the show has embraced the craziness and just runs with it I don't think it's really addressed its issues yet. I wonder if the show will make it to the third season.

12. hobbyfan

At the rate it's going with the on-and-off writing, I don't think so.

13. Mostezli

The momentum really slowed to simply a good episode.
    I caught two easter eggs that made me chuckle: "Grundy" and "Martian in a rubber suit" (made ironically funnier with Supergirl's most recent ep as cool as that was).
    The highlights have been the exchanges between characters, most notably Bruce and Silver. Their chat even in regard to their favorite animals brought insight into their characters and their relationship. The cherry on top of that was how Bruce responded to her corny, yet genuine infatuation with him.
    Another noteworthy line was the one Penguin used to convince Jim to disregard legal proceedings. It all worked out too well in the end.
    The role Tabitha plays from here on out will hopefully be an interesting leadership one.

How does "The Rise of the Villains" not make sense?
    That asylum gang gone wild, the death of the Joker-that-never-was inciting more copy-cats or the "real deal", the emergence of Riddler, Firefly, Dumachs, a whole institution of hired assassins revealed and now with those teases of horrific experimentation by Wayne Enterprises, the second-half of this season might bring up a batch of new greater foes or bring back previous demons (ie Scarecrow).

14. BlackoutCreature

BlackoutCreature Well-Known Member

Sorry if Iate to the party on this but I was under the impression that Mayor James was brainwashed, similar to Butch. They said Tabitha knew how the brainwash thing worked and was able to undo it on Butch, no real reason why she couldn't do it to James.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Mostezli

16. The Penguin

Staff Member Moderator

"Wrath Of The Villains: Mr. Freeze" February 29, 2016

Wrath of the villains! Gotham midseason premiere tonight at 8 p.m. ET on FOX.

[​IMG]
    "Wrath Of The Villains: Mr. Freeze"
    Monday, February 29, 2016 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on FOX
    A CHILLING VILLAIN EMERGES IN GOTHAM ON AN ALL-NEW “GOTHAM” MONDAY, FEBRUARY 29, ON FOX

Nathan Darrow (“House of Cards”) and BD Wong (“Law & Order: Special Victims Unit”) Guest-Star

Penguin takes a hit for Galavan’s murder, but doesn’t let Gordon off easily. Meanwhile, Gordon and Bullock investigate the body-snatching spree of Victor Fries (guest star Nathan Darrow), one of Gotham’s preeminent cryogenics engineers.

17. hobbyfan

I was able to pick up the embedding code off IGN, and posted it on my blogs. I've seen better. I'll be watching last night's show On Demand before the end of the week.

18. Road to Gotham

Road to Gotham Well-Known Member

So far after 1 episode I would say D.B. Wong looks and acts like Hugo Strange.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. hobbyfan

It's B. D. Wong, actually, as has been noted here in the thread a few times.

Got to watch the show On Demand. In the books, Strange was slightly more stout. Not sure if Wong had to shave his head or wear a skullcap for the part, but as memory serves, Strange was not entirely bald in the books. Had some tufts of hair above the ears.

The Bat-toons have taught us that Victor Fries pronounced his last name like his nom du crime sounded, Freeze. The producers decide that it's more like French Fries, if you get my drift. Seems to me Heller and his writers didn't do their homework.

I've always believed that Penguin didn't belong in Arkham, and this only reinforces my argument. Wong's portrayal of Strange recalls his profiler role on SVU, but with more of a malevolent twist. Still think it's really an amalgam of Strange and Dr. Moon, who fought Batgirl, Batman, & Wonder Woman in the books in the 70's & 80's. Wong's the right guy for Moon. I'd even cast him in a remake of those Mr. Moto movies.

Butch has a drill attached to his arm?!? Tabitha's seducing him? Hmmm.

Last season, Robin Lord Taylor (Penguin) did the in-show ads for Ford. This year, it's Cory Michael Smith (Nygma), and now, they're going to do the same thing on Legends of Tomorrow starting next week. Maybe Ford will start sponsoring all of DC-Vertigo's shows?

20. The Penguin

Staff Member Moderator

"A Dead Man Feels No Cold" March 7, 2016

New Gotham! Tonight at 8 p.m. ET on FOX.

[​IMG]

"A Dead Man Feels No Cold"

Monday, March 7, 2016 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on FOX
    STRANGE-RS INVADE ARKHAM ASYLUM ON AN ALL-NEW “GOTHAM” MONDAY, MARCH 7, ON FOX

Nathan Darrow (“House of Cards”) and BD Wong (“Law & Order: Special Victims Unit”) Guest-Star

As Gordon, Bullock and Barnes continue the search for Victor Fries (guest star Nathan Darrow), they are forced to look to his wife, Nora (guest-star Kristen Hager), for help. Meanwhile, Penguin is introduced to Hugo Strange (guest star BD Wong), and Alfred reveals some crucial information to Bruce about his parents’ murderer.