1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Gotham "Rogues' Gallery" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by The Penguin, Jan 5, 2015.

1. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

"You, Mr. Gordon, do not know where the edge is." Gotham is back tonight at 8 p.m. ET on FOX.

[​IMG]
    "Rogues' Gallery"
    Monday, January 5, 2015 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on FOX
    DET. GORDON REPORTS TO DUTY AT ARKHAM ON AN ALL-NEW "GOTHAM" MONDAY, JANUARY 5, ON FOX

Det. Gordon's assignment at Arkham Asylum gets off to a rocky start when the murder of a guard ignites an investigation, leading him to meet Dr. Leslie Thompkins (guest star Morena Baccarin, "Homeland"). Meanwhile, Cobblepot continues to build his army.

#1.10: "LoveCraft"

FOX.com/Gotham

2. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

Episode #11

That was certainly a very Gotham opening to the episode. I am quickly reminded after this long break just how lovably insane this series is. Damn, how I have missed ye! This is Joel Schumacher Batman with better writing and acting. And I love it.

This Doctor Thompkins is so likable. She'd make a great wi--oh. Yeah. Barbara.

So I spy actual camera work in this episode? It's very slight, but I sense some Dutch Angles in our midst!

Is that Isiah Whitlock, Jr. as the Director of Arkham? Looks like it! I really should finished watching The Wire some day...

The politics of the Gotham mob are a lot of fun. These are some twisted folks, no such thing as loyalty.

The nurse was suspicious pretty early on. Talk about bad security, though, for Dorothy to have made it as a nurse for so long! Having her trampled to death is quite the fulfilling way to go!

I'm impressed by Marone's appreciation of the fishermen. The Penguin is going to enjoy killing him, I am sure.

Gruber is going to be a fun foe to keep tabs on. He has his own brand of lunacy, which I love.

So, that is why Butch seemed so reluctant all episode. He had to clear his conscious!

3. Hanshotfirst1138

Hanshotfirst1138 Singing drunken lullabies

What the hell is Barbara's problem? She's off having hot sex with a friend and getting high as a kite, and then she gets angry when someone else picks up Jim's phone? What'd she think, that he'd monogamously be waiting for her? And she doesn't recognize the voice of as a prepubescent girl? Why is Ivy a vegan? That makes no sense.

No one thought to tell the staff that "hey, there's an inmate who likes to dress as a nurse?"

Logue continues to be a delight.
    "Yeah, OK. I can dig that." LOL

"Electrocutioner?" That's not a word.

Anyone who hasn't seen The Wire, watch it. Now. Stop whatever you're doing and watch it. It's one of the major artistic achievements of the last decade. It will change your life.

4. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

In the DC Comics lexicon, it is. The Electrocutioner, not the same one we're seeing on Gotham, debuted in the pages of Batman (1st series) around 1980. I should know that. I read the issue.

Barbara's gotta decide soon which way she wants to go. Seems as though she's given up on Renee, but ya never know........

5. Tohya

Tohya deficit omne quod nasciture

I honestly dont believe the writers know what to do with Barb and Jims relationship anymore. There was an interesting dynamic to it at first but after the kidnapping it just went downhill. Now it just obvious there manufacturing drama for "reasons". Of all the good this show has done, they have definitely flubbed with Barbara. Nothing she does makes any sense. She wanted Jim to let her in, he does and then she leaves. She berates him for having secrets yet she has many dark ones herself. She goes off on a binge and returns to her lover and then gets angry when a little girl answers the phone? Its like they want us to hate her. Ugh, but other than that, man I missed this show.

6. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

It could be worse. These writers could get hired by WWE if Gotham fails to make it to a 2nd season.