1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Gotham" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by GWOtaku, Sep 24, 2013.

1. EroSennin

EroSennin The Frog Hermit

2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

While I've never heard of her before, I was under the impression that she was a minor villain who had worked with the Penguin?

3. Road to Gotham

Road to Gotham Well-Known Member

4. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

The official synopsis for Gotham has been released by Warner Bros. Television and Fox:

5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Sarah Essen is the police captain? That's... going to make things between her and Gordon quite interesting.

I wonder how much older Selina is to Bruce?

That part of the main plot involves Gordon and Bullock trying to solve the Wayne murder has me quite curious to see how they handle Joe Chill. Though I'm much more curious/worried to see what they do with Joker :sweat:.

At least going off that summary, it sounds like Gordon will become commissioner around the same time Batman debuts, instead of the latter happening before the former like in most continuities.

6. Road to Gotham

Road to Gotham Well-Known Member

7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Gordon looks...well, young, but that's not surprising :sweat:.

I can say that Cobbelpot has the hair down, and from the looks of it, Penguin's personality.

So Gordon and Bullock manage to kill Joe Chill? I wonder how Bruce will react?

8. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

9. langden alger

langden alger Active Member

Or 'Kitten Girl' as she appears here....I like the subtle nods in the promo pics-Like the clouds forming the bat symbol against the spot light, and the two buildings forming cat ears.....

10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm not used to seeing Bullock with a beard :sweat:.

I like that Selina has a collar and that she's kinda got a cat-like look... and those two buildings behind her making Cat-ears is, while unsubtle, also nice ;).

I wonder if she has Isis, or has any cat pets at this point in her life?

11. Lighthammer

Lighthammer Bringer of the Light

So I'm late to the game this series having had missed my radar.

I've done some research and read through the thread and wiki and don't see anything that suggests to me there will be any solid links between this series and Arrow/Flash or the Batman vs Superman movies. Has any continuity connections been established (even if this series is meant to fall well into the past) ?

12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think this is pretty much its own thing, separate from the Arrow-Verse or the DC movie universe that WB's is haphazardly trying to construct. It helps that it's airing on Fox instead of the CW :sweat:.

13. Lighthammer

Lighthammer Bringer of the Light

Though there's no concrete information that I could find, to me, it sounds like it might make some sense (after a fashion) to split up some of their properties even if they are in the same continuity. Lets face it, Arrow and Flash is already A LOT of prime time for The CW to handle and it ups the auntie that we could POSSIBLY see a Birds of Prey series on The CW after the Xmas break with the possibility of a Suicide Squad mini-series over Summer 2015. When you take *ALL* that into account (even the fact some of these projects haven't been green lit or may be green lit later then hoped) thats just A LOT for one channel to deal with. Spreading some of that out to OTHER channels is just wise, even if you're trying to strategically plan it so someone could watch a DC series every night.

I don't find it at all unplausible this could be lined up for such an intent.

The big question in my mind is: though this sounds plausible, does it have any basis in reality? Moreover, if Fox is going to get Batman: is it possible we might see another DC series appear on Fox for the 2015-2016 season?

14. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Here's the long trailer for Gotham that premiered on TV tonight. They weren't kidding when they said this would star a younger Jim Gordon, and I'm definitely left with the impression that child Bruce Wayne will be an important character.

Also, yeah. It looks really good all around. This reminds me of The Untouchables a bit (the 1987 film, that is)

[video=youtube_share;0d1zpt6k5OI]http://youtu.be/0d1zpt6k5OI[/video]

15. CoolEric158

CoolEric158 She rocks both ways.

Seems interesting, and very Arrow-like, and I've heard good things about Arrow. I'll check it out, as long as it doesn't interfere with one of my other shows that is.

16. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

Wow. I'm much more impressed than I expected. I'm still wary of the Young Bruce and Young Selina storyline though.

17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Wow, that was a pretty good trailer. Though I found Richard Kind playing the mayor of Gotham to be a lot funnier than it was probably meant to be :sweat:.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what this show has to offer and how it'll develop a Bruce, Gordon, and Gotham before Batman. Interviews for the series make it sound like things are going to get much, much worse for Gotham and necesitating the need for Batman, so it'll be interesting to see that unfold.

I do have to wonder about the longevity for the series, and if the creative team have a set idea for how many season they want the series to have and what they mainly want to cover with the period before Batman shows up in Gotham.

I'm also curious if any of the villains will take on their Supervillain personas before Bruce finally becomes Batman, or at least around the time he debuts?

18. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

This trailer really didn't do anything for me. I've always thought a GCPD series could be cool but setting it this long before Batman is on the scene or before there are any real villains feels strange. I just get the feeling that it will be a standard cop show with a weird Baby Bruce subplot.

19. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

New Gotham "movie" trailer:
    [video=youtube;5S_bodvIBG4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S_bodvIBG4&list=PLr5xdVw1KkGsseLG3w9Gn5Bs6uo785sJg[/video]
    Looks like this interpretation of Penguin gets his name from an injury to his leg, possibly permanent, that makes him waddle like a penguin :sweat:.