1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Gotham City Sirens" Film News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by dmxx116, May 16, 2016.

1. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Well like all WB titles so far the studio dabbled with Ayers stuff. Not much but still. Who knows

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Good to have the film confirmed as a Gotham City Sirens movie, and with some concrete crew attached as well :D.

Barring any surprise appearances in The Batman solo, I'm guessing this will be where we see the DCEU debuts of Catwoman and Poison Ivy, so I'm definitely curious to see who they cast in those roles :cool:.

I'm also curious if The Batman will set this up to some degree, and what possible Batfamily presence we'll see in the movie? And, of course, what kind of plot they can come up with for these three to carry them through a movie :p?

Ayer would not have been my first choice to direct this, but it'll be interesting to see how he handles it. Hopefully he'll be a little less antagonistic and...creative with the cast :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

I'm actually more interested in this movie if it's the Gotham City Sirens instead of Harley Quinn shoehorned into the Birds of Prey like it initially sounded like.

While I'm not too excited about David Ayer after Suicide Squad, I understand that behind-the-scenes issues marred what he was doing. Hopefully this movie is less 'stylized' and more fun in the same vein as Harley and Poison Ivy's adventures in Batman: The Animated Series.

• Agree Agree x 2
    #23 Greg91, Dec 13, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  4. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

To be honest, out of all DC's upcoming films, this is the one I'm least excited for. I didn't care for Squad, and I find Harley to be fun but overrated. I do like Catwoman, though, so I have my fingers crossed that she'll get to have a big role.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. the greenman

I personally would rather see Catwoman appear in Batman first. However, at this point its the casting that is important.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

Please don't be true, please don't be true, please don't be true... if I keep repeating that, can I prevent it? Such a bad idea, I have no idea how she's still getting roles. It's not 2009 anymore.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

I know this isn't confirmed and I have nothing against Megan Fox but why does WB/DC seem to keep making poor decisions? :( *sigh* I'd really prefer a different actress in the role.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. the greenman

She did work for WB on Jonah Hex. . .

10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I can't seriously see WB/Ayer considering Megan Fox, of all people, to play one of their most iconic Supervillainesses and the lead in an ensemble picture o_O.

Then again, Ayer was able to make Jai Courtney work as Captain Boomerang, so you never know :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #30 Frontier, Dec 14, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  11. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

We're in the very early stages of this movie so nothing is set in stone, imo.

I actually never saw that movie. heh.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. the greenman

Good for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Spideyzilla

Of course. Just the fact that her name is being mentioned is offputting, but my post was mostly meant to be humourous.
    Don't. Trust me.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

12/14: Yeah, it's a reason I've put off watching those TMNT and Transformer movies.

I'll take both your word for it. I wasn't planning to as well. lol.

12/22: Production to start summer 2017. Casting news should start dropping early next year.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, they do have some time to cast Catwoman and Ivy then...

16. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

There ya go. Fixed. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Green-Ghost

Green-Ghost Active Member

Highly speculative and it seems more like a push for Fox by BeedingCool. It is interesting that BleedingCool altered their article, because at first they also listed Harley Quinn #38 as a comic Fox ordered, but Ivy isn't even in that issue. Now this issue isn't mentioned anymore and the same writer also posted an article praising Fox as a comic geek shortly after. So to me all this seems more like a fan campagne to get Megan Fox's name out there then anything else.

But I am still nervous about the casting for Ivy. I have waited years to see her on the big screen again and I really hope they don't mess it up. It would be sad if they just get a hot actress to be just a seductress. I hope they go for the eco-terrorist route and make her a dangerous but reliable character with a good cause. They could even bring up her connection to see Green to link her with Swamp Thing later on in the DCEU.
    For a possible actress, my current favorite is Evan Rachel Wood. She's a fantastic actress with a wide emotional range and a great presence.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Good choice. My friends who are into Game of Thrones think Natalie Dormer or Rose Leslie could be Ivy. Then I just pretend nodded.

19. Green-Ghost

Green-Ghost Active Member

Not my first choice, but I could actually see Dormer in the role. Leslie not so much...Maybe because I just haven't seen her in a role I liked yet and she seems like the typical "she's a redhead, let's cast her as Ivy"-choice :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Spideyzilla

I've heard that Fox is a comic book fan before, so it's entirely possible she was just ordering some comics for enjoyment, and not for a role. With the TMNT movies seemingly over, I think the Megan Fox has sailed. Granted, I said that after she was fired from Transformers 3, but now I really say that ship has sailed. She was little more than a blip on the radar in the end.

Great choice, I'd love to see ERW in that role. Maybe Emma Stone, if she's willing to do another comic book movie? It's a shame Deborah Ann Woll is already cast in a Marvel role, I could maybe see her as Poison Ivy. Watch her in True Blood and you'll see what I mean. Emma Watson is someone I've seen come up in Ivy fan casting, but I'm not a big fan of that one.

• Like Like x 1