1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Gotham City Sirens" Film News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by dmxx116, May 16, 2016.

1. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

I can be okay with this after I see SS and 'The Batman'. Though I'd rather see a Harley and Ivy film.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It sounds like they're going for a female Gotham ensemble in the vein of Birds of Prey and Gotham City Sirens, and obviously Birds of Prey seems to be part of the direction they're going for, and it'll be interesting to see which characters they include :).

I wonder if we might see Catwoman and Ivy make their DCEU debuts in the Batman solo, and that also spingboards into this movie as they team-up with Harley? And maybe allude to other active female crime-fighters in Gotham as well :cool:?

I wonder if this is going to make Marvel fast-track an A-Force movie :p?

4. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

I know that A-Force comment is a joke Frontier but... yeahhhhhhhhh, it's going to take like a Dark Knight Kaio Ken times 5 of popularity and adoration for Marvel to fast track any idea for "fear" of what DC is doing movie wise. Really this just seems like DC is trying to jump on possibly the one thing it might have the edge over on Marvel: having female lead heroes starring in films instead of just co starring already in production and adding to more of that.

Well that and man that Suicide Squad hype must have someone convinced with how they keep trying to attach a franchise around it already despite it not even out yet. I guess it's also cashing in on the super popular Harley Quinn but again, still not sure how that's going to pay off. Plus I'm still not sure exactly how these additional movies besides the one DC already mentioned are going to be released. That's not to say I'm against the idea but eh I actually need to see full on Harley in the movie and not just trailers on her before I'd be sold on her starring in a movie even with other DC leading ladies.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Hmm, fascinating news. I wonder if it plays into why Barbara Gordon was cut from BvS -- to debut in this movie instead?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. dmxx116

As long as David Ayer is involved and not Zack Synder & David Goyer with this movie, they'll just hoodwinked us again like Melissa McCarthy hoodwinked Zack Synder at Boxoffice with a movie worst then his.

#6 dmxx116, May 16, 2016
    Last edited: May 16, 2016
  7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I doubt it went into the scene getting cut for the theatrical release, given how early that should've been and what else we know was cut, but depending on Barbara's physical status in those scenes...I could see some things getting changed, especially given her absence in the "canon" release o_O.

8. the greenman

• Like Like x 1
  9. the greenman

We can assume some of those new dates might be the Harley and supposed Joker spinoff solo films. Hope they shock us with a Birds of Prey film though.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think that Harley movie is going to turn into Birds of Prey, more or less, from the news report, or maybe Gotham Girls :).

11. the greenman

BoP is a more marketed name, besides you don't want confusion with the Gotham tvseries. Oh wait sorry Mr. Gustin.

• Like Like x 1
  12. the greenman

• Like Like x 2
  13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Hmm...I wonder if the Batman solo will help set this up by introducing Catwoman and Ivy, the rest of Gotham City Sirens :)?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. the greenman

I'm actually curious who could be cast as Poison Ivy. Catwoman is too coveted a role.

This added to so many other female heroes and villains.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. the greenman

In May, WB dropped info that Margot Robbie was so good as Harley Quinn, they rewarded her with a spinoff.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/margot-robbie-harley-quinn-movie-standalone-894486
    Details are slim, but the info suggested that other female villains and heroes will be spotlighted.
    http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/07/28/margot-robbie-on-if-harley-quinn-spinoff-movie-is-happening/
    http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...uce-suicide-squad-spin-off-film-a7308661.html

Soon after, a solo Joker film was hinted at, but no further news. Current news dropped that Robbie will serve as Executive Producer.

17. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

Great to see that they want to go ahead and make this film, I personally did enjoy Suicide Squad and seeing a Harley Quinn get a movie because of it just seems really good to hear.

18. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

19. dmxx116

• Informative Informative x 4
  20. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm glad to see a title but I'm not sure about the director (Suicide Squad was okay but could have been better) or the writer (never heard of but looking forward to see how Tomb Raider and Sherlock 3 turn out).

• Agree Agree x 1