Gormiti: The Lords of Nature Return - Series Talkback

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Rho, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Rho

Rho 12 - 6 cloud?

[​IMG][​IMG]

Premieres: Monday October 5th at 6:00AM
    Repeats: None.

The ONLY airings of this show are at 6:00AM on weekdays. Literally. And if you miss an episode, don't hope for a rerun.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2009
  2. Ultra8

Ultra8 Now all I/You can do

Just saw a few minutes of it just now....on the one hand it looks like your basic kids turn into heroes/monsters bit(ala Digimon Frontier) on the other hand it was made by Marathon:sweat: but on the other hand it has Melissa Fahn as a voice actress.:D

Hmmm....I'll have to finish watching and get back when I have an oppinion.

3. creativerealms

creativerealms New Member

Good thing I have Satellite so I can catch this show on the Cartoon network that airs three hours later. So I can watch this tomorrow. Still I don't really like Marathon's shows.

4. Silver

Silver New Member

Saw it this morning before I went to school. I kind of like it so far, I just need to see more episodes before I have a full opinion about it. One of the characters sounds like Dan Green, at least to me it does.

5. Vernikova

Vernikova ★ No One's Dream Anymore ☆

Wow. This show wasn't that exciting to watch in my opinion. I got up and started to watch it and it looked a little rushed at first. Then, it just lost me at some places. I'm sure that they're going to explain how the kids discovered how they discovered the way to Gorm and how they met that green lizard that looked like Dewey from the Land Before Time series.

The action scenes weren't that exciting and none of the characters really stood out to me. I feel like I need to give this show a couple of more episodes but I don't have initiative for it.

To be honest, I still don't know what the overall plot of the series is. I would assume that their going to fight the fire monsters though.

6. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

Only caught the last two minutes of it due to the timeslot, so I do want to say this...

There is absolutely NO reason why I should see the "Series Premiere" bar at 6am. I've said it before and I'll say it again: way to drop the ball on this one, CN.

7. Justy

Justy Now you see me...now you don't

Caught this one this morning and I'd say it's promising if not great. I myself like most of Marathon's shows and this one's no exception. The animation is reminiscent of their other 2D shows (Totally Spies!, Martin Mystery, Team Galaxy) although the characters are a bit younger (probably about 10 or so). I don't expect a ton of character development but we'll see. I too would like to see some eps covering how they acquired their machinery and powers--hopefully, we won't have to wait too long. The most interesting aspect might be the fact that from episode to episode, a different member will stay behind and work the machinery while the others will go do the fighting. Prety neat...

Putting this show on at 6 am harkens back to the days when Sailor Moon aired in a similar slot. A pretty clueless move, CN. While the show is clearly aimed at the under 12 crowd, the art style's somewhat anime-influenced (like most of Marathon's shows). There's no reason this couldn't have aired later in the morning (or afternoon) or even on Saturday morning. It's clear that CN's focus is on their most successful (and expensive) shows at the expense of any new, unproven ones. Lazy scheduling seems to be the rule nowadays when it comes to children's/young teen's programming (marathons, multiple airings, etc.).

The potential of a block of adventure shows like this is really untapped. I can think of quite a few series that could be aired during a two-hour block that would really work well, including the fifth season of Totally Spies!, Di-gata Defenders, Huntik, Eon Kid, Monster Allergy, and Magi-Nation (although that might show up during Cookie Jar's block on THIS TV at some point). It's a real shame that the networks are only concerned with their bottom lines and milking as much advertising revenue from their highest rated (or most costly) shows and those that have historically done well (I'm talking about you, Scooby-Doo...hey...it rhymes!) while shoving newer stuff to lousy timeslots where they can't possibly perform that well.

8. creativerealms

creativerealms New Member

This show has Saturday crush zone written all over it yet instead it's given the six am spot (which means it airs at five or four depending on where you live) My god is that a dumb move. I'm most a fam of Marathon's formumatic style but I would still watch this show if it was given a decent time slot. I find it interesting that it's 2D and not CGI when the characters and feel actually make it more reminicent of Monster Buster Club then marathon's other shows.

Really the early half of Saturday Crush zone is building up quite nicely, sure shows are not great but they are new episodes and the block feels reminicent of an eighties Saturday morning cartoon block. This show would fit right at hime there. Weekdays at six is a waste even for an average show by an average company.

9. Milligan

Milligan The Commander of Neo Arcadia

I haven't seen it, but I could see Gormiti doing well on Saturday Crush at least. I could see it weven outperforming Bakugan if it's that good. Not holding my breath here...

See, this is why CN is failing to impress me and many others around here- overfocus on costly programming; lack of, or no focus on new efforts with any real potential at all.

I haven't seen it, yet, but I know it's good if it's anything reminiscent of Code Lyoko with whole "kids turn into monsters and save the day" gimmick this show has going for it...

10. AnimationX

AnimationX R.I.P Tangath Toborn

I wouldn't mind seeing Gormiti on CrushZone either, it would get the show more exposure, but I'm sure if CN was getting a piece of the action figure profits they would put it on at a better time when more people can watch it.

11. Justy

Justy Now you see me...now you don't

I don't expect the show to be nearly as good as the first two seasons of CL since the danger factor is not as high and there probably won't be as much focus on romance. Still, there was a hint of something between Lucas and an unidentified (as yet) girl he bumped into in this morning's episode. Also, pretty neat to se Jessica as the keeper today.

Note to mods: You probably want to retitle this thread to cover the entire series since it's daily and in a not so great time slot.

12. Rho

Rho 12 - 6 cloud?

That might answer why it's been put in such a stupid timeslot. Maybe they weren't going to be given any of the toy profits after they acquired it, so they said "haha, screw you, we're putting your show in a deathslot"

13. macattack

macattack I see you!

Well, that's what they did with Naruto, remember? Before they killed it and didn't pick up the sequel series.

Cartoon Network's had a disturbing habit of doing such actions on a frequent basis since the Snyder regime took over, although Semples did his fair share of "screw you" treatments with the likes of Idaten Jump and .hack//ROOTS.

14. JasonFox

JasonFox The Maniacal Movie Critic

I'll be the first say to say this, I like it at the 6a.m slot. It gives me something to watch while I get ready for work or school, and I like the animation so I don't mind.

15. MetroSparkster

MetroSparkster ...has nothing to say.

Ok. I didn't see the show yet but...

I knew they would make a cartoon out of this. I just didn't expect it to happen so soon...

16. chdr

chdr New Member

I've noticed that Gormiti has the same production companies as Casper's Scare School. My guess is that CN never wanted this show, and is just being forced to air it as part of a deal with Marathon.

Either way, it's terrible.

17. AJ1

AJ1 New Member

Gormiti is no Chaotic, or Bakugan or Yugioh or anything but it's not all that bad, at least in my opinion. It's a fun diversion from the norm and the figures themselves look kind of cool, I don't know how the game aspect is supposed to work but the show isn't terrible from what I have seen of it.

18. Mesousa

Mesousa Biggest Hinata Azuma fanboy

At first, I thought this was "meh".

...And then I heard Marathon was producing this. Huh.

I also noticed at least a Marathon show has been in almost every kids network:

Disney XD: Monster Buster Club.

Nickelodeon: Martin Mystery.

Cartoon Network: Team Galaxy, Totally Spies, Code Lyoko, Gormiti.

What is their secret that their shows always seem to be on a network, in fact why are their shows most often at CN? Actually, maybe it's better to not answer that question, because we might never know. Marathon is such a silent, mystery company.

EDIT: The figures based of the cartoon were orignally from Italy...yeah, Marathon really represents European stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2009
  19. Rho

Rho 12 - 6 cloud?

..Code Lyoko was produced by Marathon? o_0

20. Mesousa

Mesousa Biggest Hinata Azuma fanboy

Yes.

In fact, every time an episode ends, the Marathon logo appears below and flashes.