Gorillaz are back - "Humans" coming in April

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by Kitschensyngk, Mar 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk The kids are all wrong

http://pitchfork.com/news/72365-gor...m-humanz-details-cover-art-massive-tracklist/

The date is set for April 28th, though that may just be the UK release date and it'll come out in the States a few days after that.

I assume the "Hallelujah Money" single that came out in January will be on it, and there are four additional tracks up on their YouTube page. One of them, "Saturnz Barz", has an animated music video:

EDIT: The actual title is spelled "Humanz." Curse my good spelling...is there a mod who could correct this?

2. JordanPowers3000

JordanPowers3000 You were born an original, don't die a copy

That was one of the best music videos that Gorillaz have ever done. Everything about the visuals in this is beautifully dark and trippy. This is like a phase one video turned up to eleven. All of it screams phase one, right down to the ending.

I know Gorillaz have always been influenced by Hanna Barbera, but this music video is the closest thing to Scooby Doo that they've ever done.

I'm super excited to hear the entire album. The amount of collaborations made me somewhat nervious at first, but hearing how Damon Albarn is apparently using these collaborations and is making it so they don't overshadow him all the time is a relief. In Andromeda, I can barely tell DRAM is in the track. However, I will say that all the people in particular who they chose for the record is a brilliant selection. Anthony Hamilton? Peven Everett? Grace Jones? Kelela? Danny Brown? Pusha T? Count me in!

Apparently, the who album will be played live on a secret gig at a currently unknown area in London. Check their website http://www.Gorillaz.com/ for more details.

3. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk The kids are all wrong

Apart from Carly Simon, Grace Jones, and De La Soul (their third appearance in a row) I haven't heard of any of these artists.

But then I hadn't heard of Little Dragon before Plastic Beach came out, and now I have four of their albums.

4. chum_chum

chum_chum Active Member

That Grace Jones track is FIREEEE, out of released ones my favourite so far is Ascension ft. Vince Staples
    Kelela is one of my faves, she's got them whisper alternative R&B songs ready
    Danny Brown actually released my fav album of 2017, it's punk-rock inspired hip-hop and he owns every beat with his flow. [adult swim] recently used my mave song of his in their Dragon Ball ad
    Pusha T is also awesome, even if he's not that big, he's been in the game for a long time. He actually wrote the McDonald's I'm Lovin It jingle and has some great tracks on his own

5. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Peppermint tea for me

2-d's mom jeans are weirding me out

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. JordanPowers3000

JordanPowers3000 You were born an original, don't die a copy

Gorillaz recently created a real life haunted house based on the music video for Saturnz Barz.

The 3 haunted houses will be located in Brooklyn, Amsterdam, and Berlin. Brooklyn's will be active on April 21-23, Berlin on April 28-30, and Amsterdam on May 6.

Also, a while ago, Gorillaz announced a partnership with Telekom Electronic Beats to create an augmented reality app that will release exclusive content through the exploration of the world around you. Plus, don't forget about Demon Dayz Festival, which will take place on June 10th at Dreamland in Margate, England, the tickets for which sold out in 10 minutes on the day they went up for sale.
    Let Me Out featuring Mavis Staples and Pusha T was released on yesterday. Listen here:

Apparently, aside from the 26 tracks that are on the album, Gorillaz recorded 40 more tracks for Humanz that didn't even make it on the record. He says he's just finished one with British rapper Little Simz.

7. Gatordragon

Gatordragon "In the end, I will reign supreme"

Yo, so I got this Pandora ad featuring the Gorillaz while on YouTube and I thought I'd share it here.