Goodbye, Jenny

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Swonker, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Swonker

Swonker New Member

Quoted from the Teenage Roblog:
    Yes, it appears that in their boneheaded tradition of not giving this show the respect it deserves, the Nick execs have decided that Teenage Robot will end at its third season. They say it's because the show got low ratings. (Yeah, I'm sure the fact that they waited over a year to start airing its second season and then gave it the most awkward airing times of any program still in production on the network had nothing to do with that.:rolleyes2 ) We still have a few second season episodes left and the whole of the third to look forward to, so we'll still be seeing Jenny for a while. I know I'll be anticipating each new episode, as well as any possible DVD. Let's all get together and appreciate this great show that Nick decided to throw away before it's all over.

So long, Jenny.

2. Gokou Ruri

Gokou Ruri Wielder of the dark arts.

Nice to see people still bashing Nickelodeon when it's their own fault, but it's sad to see her go. MLAATR was one of my favorite shows on Nickelodeon.

3. Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat New Member

It should be Spongebob that should be cancelled not Teenage Robot.

4. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

I agree, im not a big fan of Teenage Robot but at least its better than Spongebob.

5. Tash

Tash New Member

It IS Nick's fault. I loved the show, but it was never on. (they'd randomly show new episodes on Friday, and a few random episodes on the weekend. Even when it DID get a weekday run, it didn't last very long)

6. Wanted

Wanted Toonmaster

I know. Last year, after a two-year cable hiatus, one of my missions was to catch Teenage Robot as much as possible. Well, thanks to Nick, that effort failed. Yet another good show compromised by the bad choices of scheduling executives. I expect to see this show on Nicktoons Network in a short while, though.

7. judyindisguise

judyindisguise New Member

So, Nick has ceased production on "Robot", FOP (thank goodness) and "Jimmy Neutron". Something tells me a lesser crop of new toons is on the way...

8. EscaflownePilot

EscaflownePilot New Member

Yup... pretty soon they'll off all the good stuff (Jimmy Neutron, FOP, and MLAATR... and, yes, I do consider all three of those to be very good, especially MLAATR) for more wonderfully cliche and dull Catscratch-esque crap! At least Avatar seems to be doing well (knocks on wood).

It's times like these that I SO wish I had a Nielson box and were in demographic, in a desperate attempt to save this awesome show!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2005
  9. I.R Joey

I.R Joey Yep my face got stuck this way

I knew it, I knew it! All the signs were there from the schedule shuffling, to the lack of advertisment, to the blog not being updated.

It's a shame to because this was a nice little Nicktoon that could be enjoyed by pretty much anyone. At least they got to make a cool special with Escape from Cluster Prime.

I hope Mr. Renzenti and his team aren't out of work for to long. Maybe he can get Mina and the count of the ground.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2005
  10. disneyfan89

disneyfan89 New Member

When did Nick cancel The Fairly Oddparents? I seem to have missed that memo...

11. John Pannozzi

John Pannozzi 30 Years of Turtle Power

Ditto. I'm shocked that FOP is (apparently) canned.

12. jarjar23

jarjar23 New Member

FOP isn't cancelled. Stop spreading rumors.

As for this whole thing, Nick WANTED this show cancelled. Just this past Sept, we did have a week of new MLAATR eps, but shown at 3pm... 3pm people! And on top of that, the only way Nick let the audience know these eps were premieres was the "New BUG" at the bottem of the screen. No promos, no announcements, no nothing (EDIT:actually "no anything". "No nothing" is a double negative. heh...)

Nick has recently switched MLAATR to 6:30AM on weekends, with CZ at 6am. With Nickelodeon, the 6-7:30am weekend slot is the death slot for shows (this was proved when all 3 shows - HA!, RP, and WT were scratched off Nick's schedule from this slot).

All This makes me wonder why the heck Nick didn't like this show. Advertized in the right way, it could have been profitable (toys, clothes, etc). Alas, Teenage Robot is yet another Zim.:sad:

13. RonDrakenfan17

RonDrakenfan17 Luffy fan

I'm sad to hear two of my favorite shows have been axed from Nick Jimmy Neutron and My Life As a Teenage Robot. Those people at Nick wouldn't know a good show if it hit them in the butt. This sucks, well hopefully Brad and Jenny will end up together in the end {sigh} that at least would make me happy. That would be the perfect way to end the show to me lol. Ask for Jimmy Neutron I will really miss that show as well. Sheen was my favorite character from that show and I think he deserves better treatment than that. Blast Nick and there stupid planing system. Ok, I'll stop bashing them they just get me so ticked off gah.

14. don Jaime

don Jaime New Member

I think it's a testimony to Jenny's popularity that the show generated a rating at all when Nick never showed it. Nick's programmers desperately need to be fired.

15. Ultra8

Ultra8 Now all I/You can do

This royally sucks. Why must Nick be so screwy with their schedules, have the reason they lose most of their good shows is because they make it so no one can find them.:sad:

Well at least there's new episodes to look forward to.

16. judyindisguise

judyindisguise New Member

All I know is that Frederator, the show's producer, has ceased making new episodes. FOP is officially out of production. Which means no NEW episodes to come, just like "Teenage Robot" and "Jimmy Neutron".

Which means that yes, FOP is cancelled, but there will be reruns on Nick unto infinity.

17. I.R Joey

I.R Joey Yep my face got stuck this way

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2005
  18. reviewer zim

reviewer zim New Member

Wow, they just killed the second best toon of on their network. Like others have said it was obvious they were starving it to death without any promotion or regular viewing slot. I was royaly pissed when they pulled the movie off the shedule last weekend just to air that dumb timmy jimmy power hour for the 107th time too.

19. KRnut82

KRnut82 The Knight Rider nut.

I've only just discovered MLAATR on Nickelodeon within this past year and have really started getting into it big time the past few months. So OF COURSE they cancel it. :shrug:

But I think what would be more effective than ranting, and raving or being defeatist about it here at Toon Zone, is to send handwritten letters. Or send a printed out/typed letter with your handwritten signature on it, in a POLITE manner, to Nickelodeon via snail mail.

Actual physical letters always carry more weight, and grab more attention than all the online petitions, e-mails, and other online stuff combined, especially since the latter can be ignored/deleted with a click or two of a mouse button. Real physical letters almost always work better.

Here's some basic rules to keep in mind.

1. Write it by hand if you can.
    2. Keep it legible.
    3. No cursing.
    4. Be polite, but firm.
    5. Keep it only one page long.
    6. Do not beg.
    7. Do not tell them how to program their network.
    8. Do not tell them where to go.
    9. Check your spelling. I know mine's far from perfect but at least I try.

And while not a rule, I always write (neatly) any address on the envlopes I send my letters in by hand.

As for Nickelodeon contact info. Here's what I've been able to dig up.

Mr. Herb Scannell
    President, Nickelodeon
    1515 Broadway
    New York, NY 10036

and/or

Nickelodeon
    Viewer Services
    1515 Broadway
    New York, NY 10036

I've just finished checking a letter I wrote early this morning (Wednesday) written freshly from when I first found out that it was cancelled that I am sending off in the mail soon. To be on the safe side, I'm going to double check it after I get some sleep for spelling errors and anything that might be considered rude. I don't want them chucking it in the trash after all.

I won't consider MLAATR a lost cause until well after the season 3 episodes have aired.

20. Lychii

Lychii 2 pickles, 1 jar

Agreed. For all we know the ratings for the rest of season two and three could be high enough that production might start up again.