1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Good/Bad episodes of Good/Bad cartoons

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by JTOONSAnimation, Aug 25, 2017.

1. JTOONSAnimation

JTOONSAnimation Active Member

This thread is about bad episodes of good shows and good episodes of bad cartoons

Some examples:
    BAD EPISODES OF GOOD CARTOONS:
    The Proud Family - "Twins to Tweens": This episode is about Penny's younger siblings changing into teenagers, but they take over her life. I think this episode is bad because of the way the characters act. Both Oscar and Trudy favor Bebe and Cece and constantly ignore Penny. Also Penny's friends completely disrespect her constantly tease her.

The Amazing World of Gumball - "The Robot": In this episode, Bobert takes over Gumball's life. I think that the characters in this episode who are smart, are made stupid for laughs. Even Bobert's character is portrayed as bad as he goes to lengths to keep Gumball away from everyone.

The Powerpuff Girls (2016) - "Rainy Day": This isn't the best cartoon, but I just want to express what I think of this episode. Not a lot of people have an opinion on this episode, but it's one of my least favorites. All of the characters are completely out of their normal character. Blossom is portrayed as a boring person. Bubbles and Buttercup are portrayed as two reckless idiots. And the Professor is portrayed as an idiot who is oblivious to what is going on.

GOOD EPISODES OF BAD CARTOONS:
    The Powerpuff Girls (2016) - "Splitsville": This is one of the show's best episodes, it seems like it would also fit for the original series. Season two in general is a lot better, but this episode I think is a good one.

Sanjay & Craig - "Beauty and the Beard": Season three is a big improvement of the show, but this episode has a lot of character development and is one of the show's best episodes

Uncle Grandpa - The "Guest Directed Shorts" episodes: Although most of the Uncle Grandpa crew don't work on these, they still are pretty great.

What are some episodes you think are good/bad?

2. SparkleMan

SparkleMan Well-Known Member

A good episode of a bad cartoon is 40%, 40%, 20% from TTG. A bad episode of a good cartoon is Road Trip from We Bare Bears

3. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

Bad Episode of a Good Show
    Rugrats "Cynthia Comes Alive", the babies keep harassing this teenager working at the Java Lava and mess up the store, and whenever the adults come out the back room, the babies run to their play-pen and pretend to act all nice and innocent. Eventually the teenager gets fired.

Good Episode of a Bad Show
    Teen Titans Go! "Terra-ized", I thought this one was pretty funny.

4. ShadowBlinky

ShadowBlinky Never A Good Bot

I don't believe it would be an exaggeration that just about everyone agrees with the former, but can you explain why you think so about the latter?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

Hmmm,

Good Cartoons with Bad Episodes
    Clarence - "Lil' Buddy": at first we see Clarence showing the class with this....Lil' Buddy doll, that no one wanna be interested with, especially with something that is hideous, which Clarence tried making any one of the classmates to play along but insistently rejected, until the point where he took it too far with the other kid being scared at, rendering Clarence to miss recess and ended up undergo a twisted dark out of character personality as went from going emo-like to ended up dressing like what the doll had, grew outta control, wounding up throwing punches on two kids, at the end, ended with Clarence happily see the doll again, after all the hell he had started. Never ever bothering with this again.

We Bare Bears - "Video Date": as much as I despise episodes involving Panda desperate to try again on finding a another girl since it's the same thing over and over. For this one we see a Panda meet another girl online via video chat, Panda figures that he doesn't know what to say to her in a meaningful way, with a Grizz and Ice Bear helping, but with both and Panda ended up wanting to have her, come to find out that she isn't from France but rather in New Jersey. Another one that I'll never bother watching it, feels too forced with a lack of developing interest to the extent.

Bad Cartoons with Good Episodes
    PowerPuff Girls (2016) TTG/PPG crossover (don't know the actual name of the episode) - Well there's not much to add this, but i find this and the only time that the girls felt more of their original balanced self than of the episodes from that said show, they seemed to be at competent ones that did more than what the idiot titans were despite of calling them babies or something.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/B]

#5 NeoplanDan, Aug 26, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  6. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

Bad Episodes of Good Cartoons:

Transformers: Rescue Bots - One For The Ages: Kade became more horrible/unlikable as much as I dislike him when he goes too far for the poor Rescue Team:mad:, if he was written out of the show, that will make me happy, but Teenage/Adult Cody was awesome though.

Hey! Arnold - New Teacher/Phoebe Skips: The kids(except for Arnold) became terrible brats for poor Mr. Simmons(best new character) when they went too far.Phoebe my favorite funny female character, poor Phoebe getting used by horrible unlikable selfish jerky teenage girls was awful and they get away scott free for their horrible actions which was terrible.The show does have its cruel mean-spirited moments in certain episodes:ack:.

The Powerpuff Girls 2016 - The Wrinklegruff Gals/Once Upon A Townsville: Poor Blossom/Bubbles/Buttercup to get teased by the horrible unlikable bullies which they need a good smashing, but both Blossom/Buttercup/Bubbles as old ladies and Mojo Jojo's parts was funny/amusing.I so dislike Princess Bluebell who was awful/unlikable and a nuisance for poor Blossom/Bubbles/Buttercup, but love that cool dragon though.

Good Episodes of Bad Cartoons:

The Powerpuff Girls 2016 - Frenemy/Viral Spiral/Halt and Catch Silico/Splitsville: Easily the best episodes, both Jemmica/Silico, awesome new supervillains, I'll enjoy Jemmica's return soon, love the Amoeba Boys' major role/Cute Bubbles the computer whiz, poor Silico's backstory was great, and Blossom/Bubbles/Buttercup doing solo missions was great/funny, but Psycho Blossom was hilarious, hahahahahaha:D.

Teen Titans Go! - Terra-ized/Love Monsters/Cool School: Terra and all of her moments were great/funny.Starfire's moments was funny, love the cute Twin Destroyers of Azarath and the Teen Titans battle with it was sweet.Love Ravager/Rose, the best new DC supervillainess, all of her moments were epic/funny, love it when she kicks Robin's butt, hahahahahaha:D.

Uncle Grandpa - Viewer Special/Aunt Grandma/Birdman: Kev tormenting Uncle Grandpa/Mr. Gus/Pizza Steve was great/funny and his drawing monsters were cool.Aunt Grandma was an awesome enjoyable major villainess for Uncle Grandpa, her evil plan was great.The Birdman was a great funny minor villain clashing with Uncle Grandpa/Mr. Gus/Pizza Steve with great funny comedy, hehehe:D.

#6 Radical, Aug 26, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  7. SparkleMan

SparkleMan Well-Known Member

I found it rather boring.

8. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

Bad Episodes of Good Shows:
    Lab-retto (Dexter's Laboratory): I just found the singing to be more annoying than funny.

Operation: FUTURE (Kids Next Door): I'm not sure what was really wrong with it, but I remember wanting to turn the TV off the first time I saw it.

I forget the title, but that episode of Clarence where he and Sumo were daring each other. It was just 15 minutes of them acting like idiots.

Good Episodes of Bad Shows:
    I wouldn't exactly call it a bad show, but the Angry Beavers episode where Stump finds his family is a million times better than any thing else the show put out.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

I think it was called "The Dare Day".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. JTOONSAnimation

JTOONSAnimation Active Member

Another thing

BAD EPISODES OF GOOD CARTOONS
    Wander Over Yonder - "The Funk": This episode just has Hater and his crew destroying and hurting things or people for the hell of it. Usually Hater's plans to cause evil are dumb, but he at least has some kind of plan.

The Powerpuff Girls (2016) - "Once Upon a Townsville": Princess Bluebell is such an attention whore and this episode is just about the Powerpuff Girls stopping her from killing herself.

11. ZukoFan

ZukoFan Member

I have to say this is a great discussion topic that really made me think.

Good cartoons/bad episodes:

Tom and Jerry- "Heavenly Puss"

Considering a lot of kids watch this show, everything about this episode just screams... yikes. It depicts Tom dying, ending up in... the bad place, and being tortured for all eternity. That is, until he realizes it was all just a dream once he wakes up.

Animaniacs has a similar episode called Hot, Bothered, and Bedeviled. Seriously, how did people think these were good ideas for kids' shows?

Bad cartoon/good episode:

The Replacements finale "Irreplaceable" was actually a solid ending to the show. They closed a lot of long-running plot questions, including the connection between the show's main characters and the man they call to replace people. A relationship between two main characters is also confirmed.

Here's a third category: cartoons that I don't really care for, but enjoyed episodes of:

Invader Zim's first episode. The rest of the show was a bit too bizarre for my tastes (weird, considering I like Gravity Falls). But I also thought the humor was much sharper in this episode than in any of the others, and that when the show was in space it was much more interesting. Zim's home planet was fascinating.

Courage the Cowardly Dog- "Hunchback of Nowhere"

While I appreciate this show's animation and influence, I hate Eustace's constant abuse of Courage, so I don't watch it much. However, this episode is simply heartwarming. Yes, it's a parody of the classic story, but it's really well-executed. It's nice to see Courage make a friend and be genuinely happy. I had a lump in my throat at the episode's end; it had a truly great message about acceptance of others regardless of their imperfections.

12. superdude

superdude king of cool

bad episodes of good cartoons:
    The Simpsons- The Tell-Tale-Head. Just not funny and its early in the show's run when the animation was still a little rough.
    The Simpsons- Lisa the Vegetarian. Way too preachy for my taste. The same goes for a few other similar Lisa episodes.

13. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

I am not so sure Tom and Jerry was already "essentially for kids" back in the 40s. Animation was still quite new and adults were still astonished by new animation techniques.

14. ZukoFan

ZukoFan Member

That makes sense, especially considering that a lot of Disney's early shorts were released in theaters prior to feature productions aimed at adults.