"Glee" Season Five Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by The Penguin, Sep 26, 2013.

1. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!

We seemed to lose a lot of Toon Zone love for Glee last year, but your chance for renewed interest (and to say good-bye to Cory Monteith/Finn) begins tonight at 9 p.m. ET on FOX.

'Like' Glee on Facebook
    'Follow' Glee on Twitter
    'Subscribe' to Glee on YouTube

[​IMG][​IMG]
    "Love, Love, Love" - Season Premiere
    Thursday, September 26, 2013 @ 9 p.m. ET/8 CT on FOX
    BEATLEMANIA HITS LIMA! ON THE ALL-NEW SEASON PREMIERE OF "GLEE" THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 26 ON FOX

The members of New Directions are back in action and take on their biggest assignment yet: the Beatles! As Will enlists the kids to pay homage to the classic song catalog from the Fab Four, Blaine and Kurt attempt to answer questions about their future together. Meanwhile, Rachel’s New York ambitions take an unexpected turn.

Season Four talkback
    Season Three Finale, "Goodbye" talkback
    Season Two Finale, "New York" talkback
    Season One Finale, "Journey" talkback

FOX.com/Glee

2. LDEJRuff

LDEJRuff Game-playing dog lover

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I can't believe they killed off Corey Montieth's character! And I was expecting him to be played by either Vincent Martella or Joshua Seth, too!

3. The Penguin

"Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" October 3, 2013

[​IMG][​IMG]
    "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds"
    Thursday, October 3, 2013 @ 9 p.m. ET/8 CT on FOX
    IT'S TINA'S TIME TO SHINE ON AN ALL-NEW "GLEE" THURSDAY, OCTOBER 3, ON FOX

As Beatlemania continues at McKinley, it's time for the students to vote for prom queen and king. When Tina receives a nomination, she takes on a fierce attitude that alienates her biggest supporters. Meanwhile, Rachel adjusts to a new attitude of her own, as she and Santana work at a Broadway diner to make ends meet.

4. The Penguin

"The Quarterback" October 10, 2013

Finally, if heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
    "Sorry I haven't been around, there's a good explanation." - Cory Monteith, Inside the Actors Studio

[​IMG][​IMG]
    "The Quarterback"
    Thursday, October 10, 2013 @ 9 p.m. ET/8 CT on FOX
    THE NEW DIRECTIONS REMEMBER FINN ON AN ALL-NEW "GLEE" THURSDAY, OCTOBER 10, ON FOX

The McKinley family of the past and present join together to remember and celebrate the life of Finn Hudson.

5. EroSennin

EroSennin The Frog Hermit

Yeah this was the tear jerker I thought it would be.

6. LDEJRuff

LDEJRuff Game-playing dog lover

Remember what I said earlier?

7. purplehairedwonder

purplehairedwonder No woman should suffer at the hands of men

This episode gutted me. Absolutely gutted. I'm glad they went the route they did -- anything else just strikes me as disrespectful of Cory and Finn -- and this episode was such a raw, real tribute. I guess the majority of the episode was made of first takes because of how emotional the shoot was, so all my love and respect for the cast, particularly Lea Michele, for being willing to put what was clearly very real grief on the screen for the world to see.

8. Luna

Luna Daydreamer

I just saw the latest episode (The tribute to Finn/Cory Monteith)...It was very nicely done,even though it was incredibly sad...The scene with Finn's family was the saddest part for me (especially Finn's mom's reaction,considering that even though she now has Kurt for a stepson,Finn was her only biological child,and she's lost him)...though this whole episode was a major tearjerker...

Santana trying (but being unable to) say something nice about Finn (at least to anyone other than Kurt),and breaking down while singing her tribute to him,as well as her confrontation with Sue (even if she went way overboard by actually pushing her)...

Puck stealing the tree that was planted in Finn's honor,and admitting to Beiste that he's basically lost without Finn

Sue admitting that Santana was right concerning her treatment of Finn,and saying she doesn't like the thought that Finn died thinking she hated him...

Rachel holding it together while singing her tribute,but later breaking down in Will's arms..

Will being able to hold it together up to the end of the episode,when Emma finds him crying,as well as the reveal that he was the one who stole Finn's letterman jacket,not Puck...

9. The Penguin

"A Katy or a Gaga" November 7, 2013

Glee is back tonight with Adam Lambert at 8 p.m. ET on FOX!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    "A Katy or a Gaga"
    Thursday, November 7, 2013 @ 9 p.m. ET/8 CT on FOX
    IT’S TIME TO CHOOSE A POP DIVA SIDE ON AN ALL-NEW “GLEE” THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 7, ON FOX

Singer-Songwriter and AMERICAN IDOL Runner-Up Adam Lambert Guest-Stars

The members of New Directions tackle their assignment of getting out of their comfort zones and determining whether they’re more like “Katy” (Perry) or (Lady) “Gaga.” Kurt holds auditions for his new band and must decide if he’ll let in the overly bold performer, Starchild (guest star Adam Lambert). Meanwhile, Jake gets closer to Bree (Erinn Westbrook) as he and Marley grow apart.

10. purplehairedwonder

Every time I think Will Schuester can't be worse, he proves me wrong. Marley, who had to get treatment for an eating disorder not that long ago, refused to let anyone force her to be someone or do something she wasn't comfortable with... and Schue suspended her. Whereas when Artie didn't feel comfortable posing for the Men of McKinley calendar, Finn respected that. *grumbles incoherently at Will*

I am, however, amused by how over Will and his "lessons" the new New Directions are. They pay lip service to him and then just do their own thing. I just love the new New Directions.

Also, Unique was on fire this episode. "PLOT TWIST. Lima doesn't have a zoo. Why did we think it did?" I'm still cackling.

I had to watch "Applause" through my fingers because secondhand embarrassment abounds, but Adam Lambert was flawless. His vocals on "Marry the Night" were amazing and he was beyond adorable as Elliot. Can we keep him for more than a couple of episodes? Please?

11. The Penguin

"The End of Twerk" November 14, 2013

Tonight at 9 p.m. ET on Glee, you knew it was coming.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    "The End of Twerk"
    Thursday, November 14, 2013 @ 9 p.m. ET/8 CT on FOX
    YOU BETTER TWERK ON AN ALL-NEW "GLEE" THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 14, ON FOX

The glee club learns the dance of the hour: twerking. Meanwhile, Marley discovers Jake's relationship with Bree, and Rachel (Lea Michele) tries to convince Kurt they both should get tattoos.

12. The Penguin

"Movin' Out" November 21, 2013

Glee, right now!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    "Movin' Out"
    Thursday, November 14, 2013 @ 9 p.m. ET/8 CT on FOX
    THE UPTOWN GIRLS AND BOYS ARE IN A NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ON AN ALL-NEW "GLEE" THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 21 ON FOX

The New Directions pay homage to the Piano Man: Billy Joel. As graduation looms closer, the seniors make plans for their futures beyond the halls of McKinley.

13. purplehairedwonder

It's not a Billy Joel tribute unless Blaine is singing "Piano Man," so I'm glad that happened. I'm just going to assume that was also his audition song for NYADA as well.

Also, Blam taking on New York gave me warm and fuzzies. "Movin' On" was so much fun and their bromance is epic.

Sam and Rachel were intriguing. Is Samchel going to become a thing? That could potentially work really well; Sam would be a safe person for Rachel to move on with when/if she's ready, since he knows about Finn and, in a lot of ways, is like Finn. And her support of him with the modeling was super cute. (And I assume anything of this nature would be approved by Lea Michele first.) I'm down.

Tina's absence from an episode about the seniors making plans for the future was glaring, though. I hope that means that's going to be a bigger story rather than her being written out.

14. The Penguin

"Puppet Master" November 28, 2013

Make yourself a turkey sandwich and gather around for an all-new episode of Glee.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    "Puppet Master"
    Thursday, November 28, 2013 @ 9 p.m. ET/8 CT on FOX
    Blaine believes he has the best plan to win Nationals, but he doesn't take the glee club's criticism too well when the students accuse him of being too controlling. Over in New York, Kurt also runs into control issues when the band disagrees over the venue of their first official gig that Kurt booked. Meanwhile, Sue reveals the story behind her iconic tracksuit and gets in touch with her feminine side.

15. The Penguin

"Previously Unaired Christmas" December 5, 2013

Happy Holidays from Glee.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    "Previously Unaired Christmas"
    Thursday, December 5, 2013 @ 9 p.m. ET/8 CT on FOX
    IT'S THE CHRISTMAS SPECIAL THAT NEVER WAS (UNTIL NOW) ON AN ALL-NEW "GLEE" THURSDAY, DECEMBER 5, ON FOX

Sue Sylvester introduces the episode as a Christmas special that FOX did not allow to air from last year. The New Directions audition for roles in McKinley's living Nativity Scene. Meanwhile in New York, Rachel, Kurt and Santana work as Santa's elves at a mall.

16. purplehairedwonder

"Puppet Master" was fantastic. As a Blaine fan, I love anything that gives us insight into his personality, and this episode was as much of his POV as you could get. It was also cracky, ridiculous fun. I just wish they would stop airing these awesome Blaine-centric episodes -- "Dynamic Duets," "Puppet Master" -- on Thanksgiving when ratings are terrible.

"Previously Unaired Christmas," well, the less said about it the better.

17. The Penguin

"Frenemies" February 25, 2014

Glee is back tonight and is unpacking in a new/old timeslot. Now airing on Tuesdays at 8 p.m. ET (again), followed by New Girl and Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    "Frenemies"
    Tuesday, February 25, 2014 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on FOX
    KEEP YOUR FRIENDS CLOSE AND YOUR FRENEMIES CLOSER ON AN ALL-NEW "GLEE" TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 25, ON FOX

Santana auditions and snags the role of Rachel's understudy in "Funny Girl" causing a feud between the roommates. Meanwhile, back in Lima, Tina and Artie compete against each other to be the class valedictorian.

18. The Penguin

"Trio" March 4, 2014

Tonight, good things come in threes.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    "Trio"
    Tuesday, March 4, 2014 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on FOX
    ALLIANCES ARE FORMED IN THREES ON AN ALL-NEW "GLEE" TUESDAY, MARCH 4, ON FOX

As graduation approaches, Tina, Blaine and Sam band together to hold a senior "lock-in" at school, hoping to savor their last chance at hanging out together. But their plans are thwarted when Becky joins unexpectedly. Meanwhile, in New York, Elliot (guest star Adam Lambert) is stuck in the middle between Rachel and Santana's feud.

19. purplehairedwonder

Minus Will's storyline, I really enjoyed this one. I am 100% here for Blaine, Sam, and Tina having shenanigans. They're so cute. "Don't You (Forget About Me)" was straight up joy personified. And Blaine was comedy gold in his reaction to Sam and Tina making out. They're totally Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

Last week I was totally Team Rachel, but this week both she and Santana went off the deep end. I adore Elliott for not putting up with it. It's too bad Adam Lambert can't stay permanently because he's adorable.

20. The Penguin

"City of Angels" March 11, 2014

Tonight, good things come in threes.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    "City of Angels"
    Tuesday, March 11, 2014 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on FOX
    IT'S NOW OR NEVER FOR THE GLEE CLUB ON AN ALL-NEW "GLEE" TUESDAY, MARCH 11, ON FOX

Marlee Matlin ("Switched at Birth"), Jackee Harry ("Sister, Sister"), Skylar Astin ("Pitch Perfect") and YouTube Sensation Johanna Rohrback Guest-Star

The members of New Directions travel to sunny Los Angeles to compete in Nationals, and bring with them two very special guests.