"Ghostbusters 3" Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by The Clown Prince, Sep 5, 2008.

1. The Clown Prince

The Clown Prince My God carries a big Hammer Moderator

The Hollywood Reporter and Variety both have stories up on this, but both have something different in their respective articles. The first one here is from The Hollywood Reporter....

And here is Variety's....

The Hollywood Reporter's article suggets it might be a reboot and maybe have some of the original actors while Variety outright says it's designed to bring back the original 4 and doesn't mention anything about a new generation of Ghostbusters.

Rumors began swirling earlier this summer with a possible new-gen GB movie starring possibly Seth Rogen and Steve Carell. Somehow though I can see a Judd Apatow like cast for a possible next generation of Ghostbusters.

I'm sure too that Sony would love to have an announcment of a greenlight for GB3 in 2009 to coincide with it's 25th anniversary. After all, Sony had the video game delayed until April 1st so they could better market and advertise it. So I've read.

2. Charlie

Charlie Der pushka.

Ghostbusters 3 without the original cast? Eh, that'd be a bit iffy in my books.

3. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator Moderator

A Ghostbusters 3 with anybody from The Office involved would be a major turn-off for me. If that's the case, I'll just stick with the video game as GB3.

4. Movie06

Movie06 New Member

Well, I'll be open to it. I mean, it just depends on the execution of the idea.

5. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

6. Brad Redfield

Brad Redfield Throws his mighty shield~!

The original cast was one of the reasons why the movie was such a huge hit. That's why Extreme Ghostbusters flopped: none of the new characters were interesting or had any of the chemistry the original four had.

I'll take the video game as the third movie, thank you very much.

7. DarkAngel

DarkAngel Lord Vader

I'll take a movie, rather than none at all. I'd rather see them try, since then there's a chance at something good, rather not at all which creates zero opportunity for success. If it turns out bad, then I move on with my life.

So I'm excited. I hope, this time, that something comes out of these rumors. I've been waiting so long for another Ghostbusters.

8. Desensitized

Desensitized Old School!

Hopefully there's a 50 foot Ed Koch in there somewhere.

But I'm much more excited for the game at this point.

9. Tobias

Tobias Who you gonna call?

Maybe Sony saw the overwhelming response to the complete series boxset that Time Life's offering and saw there's still a major fanbase for the franchise.

10. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Active Member

Yeah, I think there's something strange in you neighbou.... er, article.;)

11. Aces 21

Aces 21 No Chance in Hell

I would like to see another movie, but I would be cautious of how they would handle it. I'll take off work just to see it if the buzz was good and the critics liked it.

If it doesn't happen, here's hoping that the game will be good and fill that void of GB3.

By the way, which platform(s) will the game be on?

12. Michael24

Xbox 360, PC, PS3, PS2, Wii, and DS. On the first three systems, the game will have realistic graphics and be more single-player oriented. The version for the last three will have cartoonier graphics and be more multiplayer oriented. I'll likely be getting it for the 360, unless we've somehow managed to get a PS3 by then.

More info. :)

13. defunctzombie

defunctzombie Cutie Pie Moderator

Not something I'm going to pole vault to theaters for, but I'd definitely rent this. But I think modern effects might be a turn off for me. I like older graphics in movies.

14. Aces 21

Aces 21 No Chance in Hell

Thanks for the info and link Michael24!

15. Tobias

Yeah, there would most likely not be any puppetry/stop motion in the new movie, as they'd probably go completely CGI with the ghosts, thus ruining the creepy/awesome at the same time effect that ghosts like Gozer and the Stay Puffed Marshmallow Man had.

16. Goodfellow

Goodfellow New Member

Yeah, we have known about this for a while. It is going to be on the PS3 and 360.

Oh, you mean a new movie? As long as it is better than the second one.

17. Tobias

I don't get all the hate for GB2. Anti-climactic ending aside, I thought it was a worthy sequel. Not better than GB1, but still pretty good in it's own right.

18. Michael24

Agreed. The first one might have had a bit more of a dark edge to it, but I thought GB2 was a worthy follow-up. The only thing that disappoints me (nowadays) is that Elmer Bernstein chose not to return, but (unlike others) I thought Randy Edelman did a good job.

19. Goodfellow

Goodfellow New Member

Terrible plot. Terribly acted. Terrible ghosts. Terrible everything. Sigorney Weaver made me cringe in every scene.

20. sdp

sdp God

Didn't they propose a CGI movie so the actors would be the same age instead of old? After that the videogame was announced and it was as if both projects merged together since at first they talked about them separately.

Personally I think a live action movie should follow Extreme Ghostbusters, have a new cast with one or two veterans.

EGB has a decent episode count and from what I know is considered a good show.