1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Germany has 5 Bugs Bunny DVDs!

Discussion in 'Back To The Inkwell - Classic Cartoons Discussion' started by grundle, Jul 8, 2001.

1. grundle

grundle Member

Go to http://www.amazon.com

Click on "International"

Click on "Germany"

Set the selector for "Video/DVD" and type in "Bugs Bunny."

It will then list 5 DVDs titled "Bugs Bunny und Co." Vol 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.

2. Jack

Jack Rabbit of Tomorrow!

I was just skimming it over, even though i don't know german, this caught my eye:
    Sounds like it's saying the DVD has Jungle Jitters on it.

Lucky Germans and Japanese....

Jack:D

3. Owl Jolson

Owl Jolson Guest

I took a look at the Amazon pages for the German Bugs Bunny DVDs. I do speak German, and I thought I'd better pass along the following warnings before anyone who has a Region 2 DVD player is tempted to purchase these:

1. According to the technical specifications, all the cartoons are dubbed in German. German is the only language choice; there's no English-language option. Even the German customers who have posted reviews are complaining about this. They want to have the option to hear the "original American vocal inflections." One customer says that the dubbing is poorly done, too--badly synchronized, with no attempt to reproduce the characters' original accents and speech idosyncracies.

2. There are no Bugs Bunny cartoons at all on Vol. 4. And at least some of the volumes contain non-WB cartoons: "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" in Vol. 1 (presumably _not_ the hour-long Rankin/Bass production!), a Casper cartoon in Vol. 3, "Jerky Turkey" in Vol. 4, and who knows what else that the German reviewer for Amazon didn't mention.

3. Volume 1 _does_ contain both "Falling Hare" and "Jungle Jitters."

I guess the Germans aren't so lucky after all.

4. YPSmitGimmick

YPSmitGimmick Crazy German Furry

This Volumes are Public Domain-DVDs, no official WB release!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The DVDs included only a german dubbed version, no original language.