1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

George Harrison's posthumous album "Brainwashed"

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by Toon Master, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Toon Master

Toon Master Active Member

As a huge Beatles fan I didn't even know album this album existed until last year. This album is full of tracks that George Harrison began recording, but never finished through the years leading up to his 2001 death from cancer. Some of the songs were recorded just before his death. At times this album is personal but not in a way that you could clearly identify that it was. For example: Harrison never outright says he has cancer during the album, but makes a reference to it in the song "Stuck Inside a Cloud." The line "wish I had the answer to give, don't even have the cure" is a callback to it. The 12 songs on the album were finished after Harrison died by his son Dhani and his friend and record producer Jeff Lynne. Despite not being finished with George involved, it never once sounds spotty. The album was released in 2002, but never sold well.

If you're a fan of George Harrison, the Beatles, or if you just want something good to listen to then I highly recommend this album.

#1 Toon Master, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014