1. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs on Twitter and Facebook!
    Go here to Follow Us and RT on TWITTER
    Go here to Like our page and Share the Giveaway Post on FACEBOOK
  2. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

Genndy Tartakovsky should be put in charge of Marvel Animation

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by spyke, Mar 15, 2017.

1. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

Well, the only decades not have a shared universe was last decade and the Eighties after all.

That's my biggest fear on the new Spider-Man cartoon is that Dan Slott is going to be involved and he's responsible for the current dork age for the character, having started after One More Day and also Superior Spider-Man.

I'd love to see Glen Murakami doing a Marvel cartoon (possibly Champions or Young Avengers) in the future since after all, he co-created the Teen Titans cartoon.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  2. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

Yeah, I agree. Maybe if YJ S3 is a success, This could be a start of a superhero renaissance with Marvel reviving many shows like EMH and WATXM and then We can finally get more shows in that continuity, Having Hulk: Gamma Corps and Thor: Adventures in Asgard in the same universe as EMH and WATXM with Rick D. Wasserman, Gabriel Mann and Fred Tatasciore reprising their roles as Hulk, Dr. Banner and Thor respectively.

3. Greg91

Greg91 Member

That's not what I'm saying. I think Young Justice's return is great, but that doesn't mean all older shows that ended early need to come back. I'd rather see some new shows like the upcoming Spider-Man and Big Hero 6 shows instead of reminiscing about The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and Wolverine & the X-Men (as great as those shows were).

@AdrenalineRush1996 and @brodie999, don't let my opinions take away from what you want. These are my thoughts.

I don't think so. I think he honestly doesn't care for the X-Men. At the same time, Marvel is working with Fox on Legion. The show just got renewed for a second season, plus the X-Men Gifted show is coming from Marvel and Fox, and Marvel has a whole wave of X-Men comics on the way in April so that 'X-Men ban' seems to be over.

Even if he did hate the X-Men because of corporate reasons, why doesn't he say he hates the Fantastic Four too? He actually said he loves them.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. AdrenalineRush1996

Just because Young Justice is returning doesn't mean every cancelled too soon superhero shows should return, OK?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

Yeah, I know. But I'm just saying All of the premature Marvel Shows should come back including USM, IMAA and SUSS because I want to see more stories about them, See their remaining plot lines wrap up and Spider-Man join the Super Hero Squad. And maybe Everyone, including yourselves will eventually get used to the idea of Marvel running multiple shows of the same character.

6. AdrenalineRush1996

When I said "doesn't mean every cancelled too soon superhero shows should return", it also means IMAA and SUSS.

7. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't think anyone here, or the general public, actually has a problem with multiple shows using the same character at the same time.

Back on the subject of Tartakovsky possibly working for Marvel, I think it would most likely be for an entirely new series, rather than a revival of an older show. But, it's all just a hypothetical situation for now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

Thanks for agreeing with me, man. If a lot of Older Marvel shows get revived instead of making a new show, That situation would get solved and everyone will brace change in the new era of Superhero show revivals on Netflix.

9. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

If it keeps Genndy busy and away from making more bland movies at Sony, I'd be fine with him being at Marvel.

• Like Like x 1
  10. AdrenalineRush1996

Well, to be fair, not everyone finds his Hotel Transylvania bland. Sure, it's not his best but I think the reason why it gets flack isn't because of Tartakovsky but because it stars Adam Sandler.

11. Mr.O

Mr.O Member

What Marvel property should Genndy turn into an animated series?

I completely forgot about Lauren Montgomery. What Marvel character would you like to see her crew do?

• Like Like x 2
  12. Greg91

Greg91 Member

Good questions. Maybe... hmm... maybe Doctor Strange with crazy cool visuals, interesting magic abilities and characters.
    Besides my dream of a Black Widow animated series on Netflix, maybe a new Fantastic Four show would work well.

I don't have a ton of ideas off the top of my head so there are probably some better recommendations.

• Like Like x 1
    #32 Greg91, Mar 18, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  13. AdrenalineRush1996

A Captain Marvel TV show focusing on either Carol or Monica would work.

• Like Like x 2
  14. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

Genndy Tartakovsky in charge of an animated Marvel project on a Disney network? That sounds pretty awesome. It'll probably be like Craig McCracken managing to give a different vibe with Wander Over Yonder while still maintaining a signature style

• Like Like x 1
  15. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

I don't necessarily think either guy need to be replaced. I think Loeb is more focused on the live TV side now that everything is up and running these days.

If it wasn't Wacker, my choice would be Josh Fine if he wanted the job.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. AdrenalineRush1996

He's also involved in the animated stuff as well.

17. TheVileOne

Reporter

I'm sure he has some involvement, but as of late, it seems that Stephen Wacker took over more on heading up the animation side of Marvel TV while Loeb got more hands on with the live TV projects.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. AdrenalineRush1996

Yes but whenever people complain about the recent Marvel animated shows, they tend to blame him instead of Wacker.

19. TheVileOne

Reporter

I mean people blame Loeb for stuff that goes wrong at Marvel TV, like for Iron Fist's bad reviews, but they don't want to give him credit when they hit it out of the park like with Daredevil. Seems like a flawed mindset to me.

You can't hit a homerun every time you're at bat. A boxer or MMA fighter can't get a knockout every time they fight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. AdrenalineRush1996

Well, unlike Wacker, he's a polarising figure among both DC and Marvel fans, especially the latter will never forget the time that he did Ultimatum, which derailed the Ultimate Marvel series except for Spider-Man.