1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

General International TV Channels Thread

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by RegularCapital, Sep 10, 2014.

1. ItsSunshine

ItsSunshine Member

Cuz as I said Chuck's Choice is a 5 star Cartoon. Im actually going to be watching it.

2. Ryan

Ryan Well known for talking about Canada.

Yeah it's a good Canadian cartoon. 3 Amigonauts and ToonMarty are one of my favourite Canadian cartoons that came out this year.

3. RandomMe

RandomMe An Imaginary Friend

A couple more Bangladeshi screenshots. The first one is an ATN Bangla shot from yesterday during some sort of drama. The second one was captured when Ekushey was returning from the break of that Iranian series that had an IRIB TV2 bug from the 90s. It also has the name of the series (though I don't know the Bengali script), plus it is sponsored by Fair & Lovely.

Attached Files:

4. ItsSunshine

ItsSunshine Member

They should also add Best Ed , it was one of my 2009 favourites.

5. Ryan

A show that BBC Kids in English and Unis TV in French should acquired it. The whole series is on Tubi.TV which it's only in the U.S.

6. RandomMe

The second season of The Mr. Peabody and Sherman Show will premiere on Biggs tomorrow.

7. Ryan

The Global Comedy DOG aired during the season 29 premiere of The Simpsons. 20171001193022.jpg

8. RandomMe

This is how Rupavahini usually commences operations:

The latter half of the video is the channel's opening song. Many Sri Lankans not awake at 4am are unaware that the video is still being transmitted. Those people still have a good photographic memory of it, though it's entirely outdated.

Broadcasts end like this:

in a video that still reeks of 1995 everywhere. Both of these videos feature an alternate bug which is shown by Rupavahini every night (when they feel like it) when the channel is off-air.

In Sri Lanka, some shows have a fixed ending time (midnight) but they sort of seem to live on the benefit of channels closing down. IIRC, this was recorded on a night when PEO Rhythm Chat was on (a Saturday) and it would end at midnight, however it ended about a quarter hour late. There is also some Buddhist chanting for about twelve minutes, which explains the fact that it was almost half past midnight.
    I thought Global lost the rights to City.

9. animegamer

animegamer Well-Known Member

Kids channels right now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. RandomMe

Maybe my "population density" theory for local cartoons is right.

11. animegamer

animegamer Well-Known Member

#4611 animegamer, Oct 3, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  12. RandomMe

Television censorsihp in Portugal (from my own experiences)

Cursing
    As with most countries, it is not allowed on television, though here it is not allowed even after the watershed. This is not only applicable to the news but also to comedy series and talk shows that are broadcast before or after 22:30 (AKA the watershed).

However, some curses in the source language are still passable, yet they are censored in the subtitles. This was not the case on a SIC show called Gosto Disto!, the show was "family-friendly" yet included videos that weren't. Most of the English/Spanish curses were censored, even Galician curses (due to the similarity with Portuguese) in a video of someone calling to Luar and saying "there are people who need to work tomorrow" and even insulted the host (not censored in the original broadcast because it was live).

For films and shows: shows always have curses censored in the subtitles it it's already censored in the source (i.e.: Family Guy) but other times subtitles are bowdlerized. I've never seen Game of Thrones so I suspect that Syfy also bowdlerizes subtitles, with it not being a premium channel and all. As for films, bowdlerized subtitles are also common. There's this case with both versions of the subtitles of the French film about Portuguese immigrants (the so-called "avecs") called La Cage Dorée (SIC and this year Canal Hollywood). They do say PT curses but the source didn't censor them, yet they were extremely bowdlerized on SIC but not so much on Canal Hollywood (one of the characters said the French F-word and the subtitles automatically switched to the "S-euphemism").

Blurring things out
    The usual, as per most of the world: faces of "innocent" people and criminals, some car license plates (in these cases to prevent doxxing), obscene gestures and body parts that cannot be seen in public. Also, recently, the faces of some police officers.

As far as product placement is concerned, some shows blur out brand logos because if they did show them, that would be free advertising, but that is illegal.

Recently some television channels have blurred out graphics of foreign television channels, for example some TV One graphics on the Air Asia disaster were blurred out on RTP. Though this is not the case all of the time. This also happens a lot more in eastern Asia.

I don't know if wounds are blurred out, but they are in sensitive Asian countries.

Blurring never applied to Portuguese airings of kids cartoons (this isn't Indonesia or Thailand).

13. TheDetective

TheDetective Active Member

A short continuity from MTV Vietnam

As you can see, laziness, which is what I afraid of if Nick becomes a channel in Vietnam
    And this is the schedules page: http://www.mtvvietnam.com.vn/shows/shows.php?showsid=132
    Feel free to judge. Honestly if the continuity was longer, it could have been worse
    Fun fact: Just Tattoo of Us has Vietnamese commentary included
    Rant part 2 coming soon...

• Like Like x 1
  14. RandomMe

RTP 2 premiered the Australian series Little Lunch (licensed by LUK Internacional) yesterday morning.

On the topic of censorship, today's episode (the second one) was about some Rory which misbehaved a lot and even called girls ugly names. They were censored, though, but IDK if it was from the source.

EDIT: No, it premiered today. I got "carried out" because Ladybug repeats from the previous week have been added to weekday mornings.

Speaking of which, RTP 2 premiered a new series called 4Play, filmed and set in Oporto, and it features quite a lot of strong language - it's rated R (remember when I talked about the "red ring" which we call "the red ball" which @Checkerboard mistook for the logo of Ocko?), the strongest of cursing (F-bombs and all that - but in Portuguese) are all left in. However there's another R-rated show (5 Para a Meia-Noite) where curses are censored.

• Informative Informative x 1
    #4614 RandomMe, Oct 3, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  15. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user and expert in cartoons

Here it made its US premiere on Universal Kids.

16. RandomMe

Yes, I've read about it. Though I think that they had to censor it form the source (in the first episode, of course). Maybe my mind created a second interpretation that the insult that isn't the hardest of curses is not allowed on TV, but I stick to the source theory.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user and expert in cartoons

Now that you mentioned it, I was a little concerned about the first episode has it had censor bleeps in it. A lot of angry parents who once watched the network with their little ones (as Sprout, now the daytime portion of the network), will have a field day with that, especially on Sprout and Universal Kids' facebook pages.

18. RandomMe

Aha! Told you that it was edited from the Australian source. (even the PT dub acknowledged the censorship)

By the way, speaking of censorship, Shin-Chan was given the green light in May and it will only air after the 22:30 watershed. But even after that time of night, I think it will air censored. But still, the channel is at its lowest stage ever with little to no animes (a former speciality of the channel) dominating it.

19. Ryan

And TVO in Canada here.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Ryan

The CBC/Radio-Canada Solutions Media website has added the page for the holiday programming for CBC and Radio-Canada.

https://solutionsmedia.cbcrc.ca/Pages/En/holiday-with-us-2017-18.aspx

Looks like Elf will not air on CBC again, due to the new CBC's original movie "A Christmas Fury". Elf was a great movie, it has been airing airing it on CBC for a long time. At least the movie might be still seen on some Corus channels, some Bell Media channels, and Family Channel too.

New additions for their holiday lineup on CBC this year is The Jews Who Wrote Christmas Songs, Olaf's Frozen Adventure, and The Great Northern Candy Drop.

The 2017-2018 Holiday CBC schedule can be found here.

Also here are the holiday schedule for Radio-Canada too.

December 4th-10th
    December 11th-17th
    December 18th-24th
    December 25th-31st
    January 1st-7th

• Informative Informative x 2