1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

General Election 2008 Talkback (Please Read Rules Before Posting!)

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by Zach Logan, Jun 4, 2008.

?

Who will you vote for President of the United States?

1. Barack H. Obama (Democrat)

72.7%
  2. John S. McCain (Republican)

16.4%
  3. Other (Independent/Third Party)

6.7%
  4. Abstain

4.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Supernovametalstar

Supernovametalstar Active Member

I was fearful of this. The way they were talking with her being "gravely ill" I had a bad feeling that it was going to be one of his last chances to see her. If he wins tomorrow I'm sure he won't feel like celebrating. I know I wouldn't. But from what I've heard about her, I'm sure she probably told him not to worry about her and to go win.

This must have just happened since none of the news channels are even mentioning it.

My sympathies to his family.

2. J'onn J'onzz

J'onn J'onzz Best Male Member '08

Did you guys see Obama speaking about his grandmother in North Carolina? He seems to be taking it pretty well, but he's still giving a pretty great and emotional speech about it.

#1882 J'onn J'onzz, Nov 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2008
  3. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

Too bad about Barack's grandma. Hated to hear that.

4. The Guitar Slayer

The Guitar Slayer 1965 to Eternity

Grandma was sick for awhile, from what I understand. Once you've accepted the fact that yeah, she may not make it to this certain date -- it's a lot easier.

Is it horrible that my little spin doctor mind was like, "Hey, grandma pity vote!" Yes, probably. Should keep such things to myself, but oh well.

I anticipate Obama getting about 290 electoral votes. It's not going to hit 300 unless I'm pleasantly surprised by the voting populace. It's going to be scary for both sides til o'dark thirty Wednesday morning. I don't anticipate him getting Virginia, but Pennsylvania is his. McCain will likely get Florida, but Obama may squeak Ohio...

I like color coding. Good idea.

Obama 274 (290 with Ohio)
    PA, Colorado, New Mexico, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, (Ohio)

McCain 264 (248 without Ohio)
    North Dakota, North Carolina, Florida, Virginia. I gave him New Hampshire for ***** and giggles too -- they lurved him up there during primary season.

5. Kevin

Kevin Active Member

I saw that, and it was obvious how emotional he was in his speech. You could see him wiping away some tears. It's most understandable though considering how close he was to his grandmother.

6. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

No, it was my sister-in-law's birthday, and so my wife and I ended up going out to dinner with her. After that, yeah, we still had time to make the rally, but my wife and I decided we'd rather go home and spend time together alone, (we have the house to ourselves this weekend).

I at least got my wife to agree that it wouldn't hurt to go see Obama, (it's an important moment when a Presidential candidate stops in your town, no matter what side you're on). But yeah, we stayed home and watched episodes of Ghost Hunters and the movie "Poltergeist". :)

From all accounts, Obama had 30,000+ attend his rally. Traffic would've been a nightmare, I'm glad I didn't go for that reason alone. Having it on a Saturday night certainly helped attendance, (Sarah Palin got 25,000 on a Thursday morning when she was here last week).

In other news: Sarah Palin cleared of any ethic violations in the "Troopergate" scandal. Ah, sweet vindication. :p

7. Shawn Hopkins

I'd call you lazy but I blew off going to see Hillary to sleep in and then play Grand Theft Auto IV.

Come on guys. There's just a few hours to go. Four more votes in the poll for Obama and he gets a 100 vote Toonzone route, which would be fun for me to see. Yes, I'm talking to you, you lurkers out there. Vote.

You can vote for McCain if you want to. I guess. If you really must.

8. Wounded_Dragon

Wounded_Dragon Active Member

9. Shawn Hopkins

It's not an argument either side can win. On one side you have what you said, but on the other side Palin can claim the legislative inquiry that found she had abused her power was a partisan hatchet job.

10. silverfox1027

silverfox1027 Active Member

Obama in NC talking about his grandmother

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Video of his speech here.

I cried, and I'm not ashamed to say it. But I'm a pretty emotional person, anyway.

11. Kevin

Kevin Active Member

I'd love to join if you're able to get it up and all to discuss the results in real time and all.

Anyway, my predictions for tomorrow night:

Obama will win, possibly in a landslide, but it depends how the electoral map will go tomorrow. I predict he'll win PA since it tends to go democratic. He could win Florida and Virginia. There's even a chance he could win Georgia if he get a good enough turnout.

McCain will win all of his usual states. I also predict he'll win Montana, North Dakota, and Arizona, even though some polls are saying that they're a toss up. I think in the end he'll win Indiana North Carolina.

I'm not sure how Missouri and Ohio will go though since the races in both of those states are very tight at the moment.

#1891 Kevin, Nov 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2008
  12. Zach Logan

Zach Logan We are Maji!

Hopefully it works, but I opened a room under the name OfficialTZElectionChat for those who want to go it should be available...

13. Zach Logan

Zach Logan We are Maji!

After 95 pages....

Let the games begin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.