Game Suggestion Thread

Discussion in 'Reality Bytes' started by Colin, May 15, 2005.

1. guinaevere

guinaevere agent provocateur

Great idea, but you know Gordon, he's such a line-hog. [​IMG]

Off topic: I'd like to see Gordon Freeman and Samus Aran have a debate.

2. Mr Cat Dog

Mr Cat Dog Bite me

I was thinking of a Big-Brother style game, where contestants voted who should go, and members should vote people off. But I'm wondering how to set out the challenges, as I don't want to copy The Mole/Survivor or anything.

3. Zach

Zach Active Member

How about a Metal Gear Solid RPG, complete with orignal storyline? (Yes, I know, it's the second one i've suggested and it's the second video game based one. I'm a geek.) :D

4. Bearpod91

Bearpod91 I still have a moving avatar!

hey how about the real gilligans island game which is like surviver with members being a show character and instead of torches there are character dolls...the challenges are kinda the same but its every member for themselves...i think. were there teams in the game show?

5. MahouShoujo13

MahouShoujo13 ...is bored out of her mind.

I've watched some people play RE2. Pretty scary. HOTD is sooo stupid, like all B rated horror movies. But in HOTD III, I know you don't use a light gun, but a shotgun!!! :D Zombie Revenge (also part of the series), is like HOTD but more fighting like. I've seen some footage of Silent Hill just by watching X-Play. Pretty scary.

I haven't played those games, but I knew about HOTD because the storyline is too stupid and simple to remember. Plus...like those Lara Croft fanboys, I had a "crush" on one of the characters. Guess who.

Well, some people haven't played MGS or Half-Life (I only know that this scientist, Gordon Freeman, has to fight against the invading aliens). I'm more for Fantasy.

6. SuperLuigiBros

SuperLuigiBros Gamer's Attic Writer

I'm all up for a Resident Evil RPG. Maybe something that ties most of the characters together.

7. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

New Gaming Oppertunity!

TOON ZONE BANZAI!

VERY SIMPLE SAMPLE QUESTION: Who will Ms. Gwen-lady slap first? Mistah Corin or Mistah Tim?

PLACE BETS NOW!!!!!

8. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

CANDY WATERVIEW IS VERY bathykolpian!

*PREPARES FOR SLAP*

-Tim

9. guinaevere

here's the windup...

*SLAP*

10. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

*SPIT-OOOOIE!*

Wow.

What. A. Woman.

-Tim

PS - Good thing I bet $20 on myself in this challenge.

11. Lord Dalek

CONGRATULATION: If you said B: Mistah TimTooFase, You Da Winnah!

12. Invader Z

Invader Z A Challenge: Can you beat it?

Uhh... I guess that betting game would make a good thread... but maybe not always the same bet... and no money. Rev up that thread, and we might have a hit! It's simplicity might beat Heroes of Genin! Like maybe it might be "Who can answer that question?" Just maybe there might be a time to bet, and the people being gambled on can't bet. Any responses?

13. guinaevere

Only problem with that, is that the F&G Ultimate and Mighty Four-Post Rule might be at issue, if there's Question 1, Answer by user 489. Question 2, Answer again by user 489... Does that make sense?

14. Lord Dalek

This the Reality Bytes forums, we don't have a four post rule.

15. guinaevere

Mr Technicality

But as a SUB-forum of F&G, don't the F&G rules/regulations carry on in to Reality Bytes?

16. Lord Dalek

Have you seen any evidence to suggest that?

17. Wild Goose

Wild Goose The Accidental Apprentice

There's a reason Nod keeps going on about "THE ALL COSUMIN MIND NUMBING HORROR OF SILENT HILL"... though his current obsession is Zipang (American ass-kicking of epic porportions... well, kinda....)

Basic sinopsis of the MEtal Gear Solid series:

Metal Gear Solid: 2005. David "Solid Snake", retired member of the US black-ops unit FOXHOUND is recalled to active duty to sneak into the Alaskan island of Shadow Moses, where the US Army's Metal Gear REX prototype is undergoing field testing. The facility has been captured by rogue members of FOCHOUND and genome soldiers (part of som Army project) and a Russian militia. Snake's objective is to infiltrate and free the station. (I think. Never quite played it.)

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PS2)/Substance (xBox/PC)
    Tanker Chapter: 2008. Solid Snake infiltrates the tanker Discovery to photograph the new Metal Gear being tested by the US Marine Corps - Metal Gear RAY, a Metal Gear designed to wipre the floor with other Metal Gears. Snake then finds himself in a tight situation, as Russian militia members from the previous game show up and capture the tanker, along with an old nemesis... Revolver Ocelot.

Plant Chapter: 2010. Jack "Raiden", the new Solid Snake, infiltrate's the Big Shell plant were the US President is being held hostage by a rogue Navy Spec Ops group called "Dead Cell". He meets up with a group of Navy SEALs, including a certain Lieutenant Junior Grade Iroquis Pliskin...who seems to remind him of someone... a snake...

Metal Gear SOlid 3: Snake Eater
    Virtuous Mission: August 1963. It is after the cold war, and Jack, codename "Naked Snake" is sent into the Tselinoyarsk mountains to retrieve a defecting Soviet scientist who has created a superweapon called the Shagohad. Snake has a run-in with a young Spetsnaz officer by the name of Major Ocelot, and the Scientist, Sokolov, is captured by members of the Cobra Unit, a WW2 US/Soviet commando team, and Snake is defeated by his mentor, The Boss, known as "The Mother of the US SPecial FOrces," and the Cobra Unit's WW2 leader. The Boss defects to the USSR an hands a present to Col. Volgin, the leader of the GRU cell that kidnaps Sokolov and commands Ocelot & the Cobras, the Davy Crockett: a man portable nuclear mortar. Volgin later destroy's Sokolov's research facilty with one Davy Crockett and steals the Shagohad.

Operation Snake Eater: 1 week later. Snake parachutes into the are to rescue Sokolov, destroy the Shagohad, kil Volgin, and find The Boss... and kill her as well. It won't be easy: The Boss has taught him everything he knew, and is truly ahead of him in many levels.

Well, that's it. Roughly.

18. MahouShoujo13

MahouShoujo13 ...is bored out of her mind.

Oh...okay.

Y'know, I've always wanted to see a Toon Zone: The Assistant. Not the Apprentice, the Assistant. Some of you guys must've seen it on MTV here in the US. Man...it was funny. It's also a parody of reality shows.

Here's a brief sypnosis: Mr. Andy Dick, the (not-so-famous) comedian, is looking for a new personal assistant, male or female (and also get new publicity). So, there are 12 players who compete for the title. He often made them do absurd tasks suchs as getting him a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, getting his lenses in the pool, cooking him dinner, making a play for him, going camping with him (and setting up his tent and also cooking him dinner, again), etc. The elimination rounds also consist of parodies of elimination rounds from reality shows, such as The Bachelor/The Bachelorette, Survivor, American Idol, and Fear Factor. In every task something goes wrong and Andy Dick gets agitated, and hilarity ensues.

I was thinking we could do that. Have one mod or admin be the guy who needs a temporary "assistant". And of course, there has to be TWELVE contestants, just to stay true to the show. Of course, the winner has to win something grand. Have them answer questions that are pretty much ridiculous...and of course, something HAS to go wrong...like a selected user here making a rukus. And also elimination rounds that are parodies of reality shows. And during the show, one contestant came back...so there might be a Wild Card. And of course, the last two must prove and say why they want the job, and the winner gets something grand....or maybe nothing at all.

Hey, if we do that...maybe me and LightShadow (as the dastardly twins) and Wild Goose (our helpless friend), can cause a rukus at one round. LOL!!!

19. Invader Z

Invader Z A Challenge: Can you beat it?

Then just have a different two for each question, and prepare them all beforehand.

20. Zach

Zach Active Member

In MGS Snake's mission is to free Donald Anderson and the DARPA Chief Something-or-other Baker. (Don't remeber Anderson's importance or Baker's
    first name) After that, it's to disable the terroists' nuclear strike capability.

All these RPGs soudn great, so let's hope we get one up and going here soon.