Game Suggestion Thread

Discussion in 'Reality Bytes' started by Colin, May 15, 2005.

1. Colin

Colin Oh... this is not good.
    Staff Member Administrator

So, got a killer idea for a game to host on this specific forum? Whether it by RPG or "reality," this is the thread to post it! All ideas are encouraged, but please contain them to this thread only.

Also, when posting ideas, try to have some idea about how the game would go... It's one thing to have an idea, it's another to actually see through it's development :)

2. Mr. Pedro

Mr. Pedro Der Patton

Considering the amount of attention hogs in the Cafe's photo album thread, I sorta feel that it wouldn't be too far fetched to have a Ms. and Mr. TZ contest (a la Miss America, Miss Universe ect.).

And I suppose we could do the usual segments like talent, swimsuit, evening wear, asking questions like how you would save the world with a box full of puppies or something. And judges would score on each category, and the winner........

Dang, I don't know what I'm gonna do for a prize yet. Maybe I can make a trophy out of something. :shrug:

3. Kury Wagner

Kury Wagner Jizzyboobgirlkury

Plumb out of ideas right now.

A trophy avatar would work.

4. SuperLuigiBros

SuperLuigiBros Gamer's Attic Writer

I had an RPG in mind, going a little something like this:

There are 8 party members:
    The main character (male)
    The main character's best friend (male or female)
    The main character's girlfriend (female, duh!)
    A strange person who "just happens" to know everything about the enemies' ongoings (male or female)
    A laborer with a mysterious past (male)
    A beautiful princess (female)
    A little boy with magic powers (male)
    Experiment 421C (genderless)

There are 5 main villains:
    An annoying person who pops up quite a few times, and usually at random (male or female, but preferably female)
    The "laborer" party member's boss-person-thing (don't know the right word to use) (male)
    The main character's best friend's father (male, duh)
    A crazy scientist, the main villain (male or female)
    Experiment 421R (genderless)

And random encounter enemies.

All characters can be customly named, with the exceptions of Experiment 421C and Experiment 421R, which must stay with those names for storyline purposes.

If I get enough people, it might come true!

5. Agent S7

Agent S7 Destined to Rock

I'll be the main character!!! :D (Named "Link", because I love Zelda! :))

6. SuperLuigiBros

SuperLuigiBros Gamer's Attic Writer

Cool! I'm glad to see someone's interested. Hopefully we can get a few more people.

By the way, I'll be the "laborer with a mysterious past", named Matt (my real name).

7. MahouShoujo13

MahouShoujo13 ...is bored out of her mind.

SuperLuigiBros, can you post an idea for the storyline? I know you've got the character ideas right now, but if you post an idea for the storyline....maybe other people will get interested.

If you all remember, there was a Zombie RPG a year ago, and pretty much died quickly. I actually WANT to do another one.

For all people that are interested (will probably be um....zero), I want to remodel this after some games that are famous for...letting you shot zombies with an absolute hatred (even though I've NEVER played them, sorry :sad: ). We choose one out of three series, and then figure out the storyline, characters...everything else:

If we choose the Resident Evil series, the storyline will be probably be about that T-Virus infecting another small city, and unfortunately a group of unlucky people have to fight those malicious zombies and try to destory that virus. Characters...can be many, occupations and reasons why they're there may vary.

If we choose the House of the Dead series, the storyline will be again...a madman infecting a town/house/building whatever with zombies with a stupid plan in mind (dun dun DUN!). Characters...usually in the HOTD series (NOT including Zombie Revenge, and yes, that WAS part of the seris) they're people from this secret organization wearing suits and of the like. Can be many or few, and they don't HAVE to be in suits. Please, you don't really want your only nice suit you bought for a high price be soiled with zombie blood and all that....

If we choose Silent Hill...uh..I don't know the basic storyline for that series....sorry.

Or do a combination of all three. Or...do our own thing.

I know it's a bad idea. But, I'd rather go for the community's opinion. That way, everyone can be happy.

Characters may be many.

That or a fantasy RPG. I'll post some ideas of that later.

8. Tenku

Tenku D-don't come any closer!

Ooh, I'm for the Resident Evil idea, Mahou. Blasting zombies is always fun, y'know? :anime: ;)

9. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

My idea is to always have one RPG going on in this board, so I'm glad you guys are interested on that particular type of games. Once we're done with 24 we could definitely do something like that.

However, I can't guarantee I will participate (although I'll definitely help with all the thread starting) since I'm not familiar with neither Resident Evil nor House of the Dead. Besides, I want to do my own reality myself... but that will probably have to wait for a long time...

DUN DUN DUN

10. Zach

Zach Active Member

Half-Life: The RPG

In this RPG based off of the popular PC game series, players would follow the story line of the Black Mesa inccident, which is covered by Half-life and it's two sequels, which are Opposing Force and Blue Shift. For those who aren't familiar with the games, they can read about them here.

Players would determine their character's names, occupation, and such. You could be a member of several types of teams:

Scientists- Non-combat characters whose main purpose is to unlock restricted doors for other players.

Barneys (Security Guards)- Combat characters which have access to a majority of the builidings in the facility. They can handle most guns.

Marine- Characters who excell at combat. There are a couple of types of marines, which are the grunt, medic, and the engineer. Grunts can handle almost any gun and can operate artillary.

Black Ops- The Black Ops are a secret goverment faction which have access to the most deadly weapons and equipment around. Female Black Ops use mainly pistols, with male Black Ops using sub-machine guns.

Freeman Grunts- Employees of Black Mesa who, like Gordon Freeman, have taken up the fight against the Marines, the Black Ops, and the Aliens.

Scientists, Barneys, and Marines are not limited as long as their are atleast a few of each. Black Ops should be limited to a handfull since they are secret govement agents. A main storyline could be crafted from the game's, and keep in mind that this info is a bare minimuim of a clean, polished product.

#10 Zach, May 22, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2005
  11. MahouShoujo13

Otacon, I'd love to join, but unfortunately, I didn't play Half-Life, but my brothers did. Anyways....let's kick some alien butt!

Javeman...

I can't really explain the RE/Biohazard plot for you, since I never played those games. You could ask Tenku.

As for the HOTD series (I didn't play those games either, but man...the plots are so brainless and simple that anyone can remember that, even though it is stupid), I'll just explain it to you right here:

Okay, House of the Dead series. It's a rail shooter game, and any actions you choose depend on where you go, but it leads to the same end, fighting that damn boss. It has many different endings, though. In the first two games you use a light gun, the last one a shotgun. In Zombie Revenge (it's also part of the series), since it's more of a fighting game, you use those analog sticks and buttons...

It's pretty famous for that and that the first two games (not including ZR) had horrible voice acting, so it had a little humor. LOL.

Storyline (SOOOO stupid..):

Okay, December 18, 1998.... *sigh* :rolleyes:

Dr. Curien has infected his own house (or should I say mansion)/research lab with zombies everywhere, with the researchers as hostages that annoyingly run around (seriously, they do that). You play two agents from the AMS (yeah, please don't be reminded of that real organization that has meterologists), Thomas Rogan (refered to as his last name) and "G" (in the horrible movie for the game his full name's George Abott) have to go into the house and fight the zombies, save those annoying hostages that do nothing but run around, and take him out and his "secret" weapon, the Magician (some uber-powerful zombie).
    Of course when you beat the final boss you win, and two have won, but unfortunately with the loss of Rogan's "Number One". Aww...how sad...
    Anyhoo...meanwhile (in Zombie Revenge, which has a different story), AMS agents Stick Breitling (the typical well rounded, All-American hero), Linda Rotta (the beautiful of them all, also an AMS prodigy, youngest one), and Rikiya Busujima (Japanese agent among the American ones there, pretty cool but looks freaky, speaks only Japanese) arrive at the house by an armored carrier thingy (looks like they've been following this dude for a long time) to ALSO shoot some zombie butt and to take this "Zed" out.

Now that's over...time to take a look out House of the Dead...2.

It's two years after that incident, on Feb. 26, 2000. There's been some odd occurences in an Old world like city. Agent "G" has been sent out to investigate. Seems out that Curien's sponser...this odd business man "Goldman" is behind the zombie infestation of the town which has taken the civilians (which are ALSO annoying). Unfortunately, G had to tackle that case himself, and lost. Two agents, James Taylor (guy in his 30s, more analytical and mad ugly) and Gary Stewart (guy in his early 20s, pretty emotional, sometimes reckless, looks kind of...gay), are sent to the town to meet "G", shoot some zombie butt, and take down Goldman and his "secret" weapon, the Emporer. Later on, two (idiots of) agents (who actually don't really help you out at all), Amy Crystal (some brunette lady in red, who's also pretty, in her late 20's) and Harry Harris (cool-looking dude in black and with sunglasses, very mysterious, actually sometimes puts you in trouble). All four of you (or should I say two, Amy and Harry don't do much) have to take down the threat that is Goldman, his zombies, and his plan to destroy mankind to save nature.

Okay...okay, House of the Dead III...

Jump 19 years after HOTD2. Thomas Rogan, now FORMER agent of the AMS and his small commando team have been investigating this odd research complex. Unfortunately, most of his team is wiped out, and him and Dan Taylor, the only remaining guy in his team try to reach their objective. But, then they are attacked, and Rogan is knocked out. When he wakes up, he sees someone so familiar...(it's Curien! dun dun DUN!)

Two weeks after that, Lisa Rogan, the daughter of um...Rogan, go with "G", now retired agent of the AMS, go to the complex to find out what happened to her dad.

Uh..yeah. That's it. The amazingly stupid storyline of the HOTD series.

I don't know about the Silent Hill series. I've never heard of it until I heard about Silent Hill 3.

12. Tenku

Tenku D-don't come any closer!

Actually Mahou... I don't really know Resident Evil beyond the T-virus stuff. Heck, I even watched the movie and I'm still confused...

...maybe I should play one, if I can get over my fear of something random popping out of the wall/door/glass... not to mention mutant monsters. *shudders*

13. MahouShoujo13

Actually, I'll just read tons of FAQs and Walkthroughs to know the story of one game.

14. Natey

Natey blank

I've played this game before at some other site called "Get To Know Your Members" something like 21 people would join then the host person would look through profiles that are kind of commonly looked at. getting harder every round.

ok the host person says to 21 competors which member of Toon Zone likes cheese and has it in his profile. for one, all the people that dont participate are elimated and 1 person that does particapate gets elimated. what ever post seems the farthest away from the host persons perspective looses, and you keep doing that until there is one person left

15. Artimus Gigan

Artimus Gigan Aeris Fries

Hey colin, could I do my own version of Survivor...I'd like to call it Survivor, Site-B: and then list the place it would take place

it would be a smaller version of the inital survivor like Survivior Jr. or Diet Survivor, only 15 individuals, and it would also proceed quicker considering that the challenges have already been made(amazing what you can come up with in one hour)...so it would end before your version would end(IIRC you said october, this would only last a month or so if everything goes on track)

it would be open to anyone and everything(including the ones already partaking in the inital Survivor)

So.....pretty please?

I'm more or less thinking Wonkaland or an abandoned Caldor warehourse for where the competition would take place...or maybe even Mexicali

16. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

A more traditional game show, like What's My Line? or I've Got a Secret.

17. Invader Z

Invader Z A Challenge: Can you beat it?

Probably my longest post!

ANOTHER RPG:
    HEROES OF GENIN

Need!:

Heroes:
    Cyborg (Created by Villian, thrown out through fear of strength)
    Weilder of the Flame Sword (Perfered Male) (A sword that combusts)
    Mechanic (Builds items, upgrades Cyborg)
    Strong Person (Low IQ, Overwhelming strength)
    Mage (Prefered Female) (Flies)
    Speedster (Heals also!)
    Islander (Just fighting for justice)
    Cat Girl (DEFENITE Female) (Raised in the artic)
    Lovebird (Perfered Female) (Just loves fighting, very cruel.)
    Elvis (DEFENITE Male!) (Back from the grave!)

Villians:
    Evil Creature who is the last of his kind (King of the beat-up, lawless country of Dacylogedin, trying to rule world)
    Creature's servent (Built the Cyborg, along with many others)
    Evil being of water (Trying to flood planet)
    Evil Disco Dancer (Trying to get revenge on a world that hates his dancing)

Other:
    Nerd (Hates Mechanic!)
    Whoever user wants! (Hates mage and Speedster, though.)
    Cyborg's companion (Crazy talking head-type robot, made using spare parts Cyborg and Mechanic found)

Plot:
    In the futuristic country of Genin, there were will be 10 would-be heroes who carried every day lives until a terrible plot was concieved in the nearby country Dacylogedin. After the last king died, because he had no heir, an odd creature claimed the throne, and only commanded that everyone obeyed him. What they didn't know was that he only cared about war and destruction, bent ruling all. All he cared to do was to cause the lawless citizens to become his cyborg slaves (Complete with reprogrammed minds), and then search the globe for the 10 orbs of might:
    Fire
    Electricity
    Ice
    Water
    Magic
    Might
    Wind
    Earth and
    IQ

Each orb can give a person with the correct power extreme stregnth in that category, but the creature knows a spell that gives him all 10 strengths!

One of the strongest cyborgs somehow still opposes the plan, despite the reprogrammed mind, and is thrown out to the dump. The cyborg isn't properly shut down though, and he gets up. He goes to the nearby "Genin City" and warns the public about the plan, and gets the mechanic, swordsman, speedster, and strong man living in the 3 areas of the town. The arrival was learned by the mage, who came to help, and for extra help, summons an islander with a sense of justice, a powerful love bird (And allows it to speak English), a artic-born cat girl, and ressurects Elvis, for apparently, all 10 of them can obtain the power of an orb causing the power to be sealed inside them, causing the orbs just to become glass spheres. After packing up The 10 head off. But alas, this future world is full of many creatures who don't want anyone in their way, along with 2 old enemies of the mechanic, speedster, and mage. It's up to the 10 to gain the powers! Can they do it? It's up to you to play! And accept the game, too!

Also, if possible...
    I CALL DIBS ON CYBORG!

Also, for Super Luigi Bros.,
    Not only nice avatar...
    Can I be Experiment 421C?

Whew... *Passes out*

#17 Invader Z, Jun 15, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2005
  18. Daffy Dork

Daffy Dork Active Member

How about a mystery dating game that goes on once a week with new people each time. Everyone would sign up. The host would choose the bachelorette/bachelor,and post their questions. Then he would PM the mystery people with the question and they would answer it. But it should be limited to five people,monday to friday,a question every 24 hours.

19. MahouShoujo13

*looks up at Invader Z's post*

Oohh...nice....totally beats my idea.

If it happens...I call dibs on the mage! :D

20. Wild Goose

Wild Goose The Accidental Apprentice

Hmmmm...lesseee.....

MS13-chan's RE idea is kinda interesting, although most RE/Biohazard players would say, "Stay away from the movie, play the games." (like a blonde foxgirl I know on this other board i frequent...)

HotD is rather fun, I've played HOTD 1 & 2 in the arcades (until I was seduced by that which is Initial D: Arcade Stage) and basically, shoot stuff. If it moves, and it doesn't look human, blast it. (I wonder where Rogan, G, and Co. get their infinite ammo - they don't have Solid Snake's bandanna. ^_^) The storyline and maps get kinda convulted though.

Silent Hill was explained to me this way: "THE ALL CONSUMING MIND-NUMBING HORROR OF SILENT HILL!!!!! Apprentice, you have not known fear until you play Silent Hill! PYRAMID HEAD!!!" Nodsri (the guy who calls me his apprentice) refers to himself as a "Pyramid Head ******." *shrugs* Still, it's not my kinda game, I prefer things like the MGS series or Ace Combat Series.

A Half-Life RPG would be a fine idea, IMO. I'd like to be a Barney kinda charecter... or Black Ops. (Somebody's gotta watch MS13-chans's back...^_^)