1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Gambit (X-Men)" Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by the greenman, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

I think it's more the idea of not yet believing a Gambit movie could really be in production considering how many false starts we've gotten considering Gambit was originally suppose to have started or even about to finish production at this point for a fall 2016 release. And how that production schedule keeps getting pushed back to the point it seems like we aren't going to hear anything again about this movie but yeah seems like they're still going to make it but again at this point even I need some official confirmation of production before I 100% believe it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

I can't believe they pushed back production, I think they could needed some time to reflect from the mixed reviews of X-men Apocalypse, the same way WB is doing right now after Batman V Superman, hopefully they do well in readiness then.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Neo Ultra Mike

No offense but that's two contradicting statements. You're being surprised they pushed back production, and then right after saying they should do so anyway to reflect on other failures. Which BTW wasn't even the reason for the Gambit movie crumbling but rather the first director of the movie Rupert Wyatt dropping out and them scrambling to get a new director and by the time they did, needing to retool and rework the script so decided to put the project on hold until they were finished with other films which in this case would be Wolverine Weapon X (or whatever that does wind up being called) and Deadpool 2. So again, do you not believe they pushed back production even though you think they should of regardless?

To be fair those are totally different kinds of failure. Batman V Superman's main faults were throwing so many pots in the kitchen without being overcooked and being so dour in a desperate rush to try and catch up with the Marvel Cinematic Universe. X-Men Apocalypse meanwhile faltered since after the two previous X-men related movies, people were expecting something more interesting and exiting then honestly the "just another X-Men feel" that Apocalypse gave. Really what execs should realize from Apocalypse lack of success is it's probably time to retire Bryan Singer from the X-brand and bring on some fresh blood to take the franchise in new directions. Deadpool was a hit because of not only how loyal it was to such a beloved character but also because it was different and fresh from a lot of other comic book super hero movies. And it's that difference that Fox needs to focus on with their X-Men brand: give smaller more character focused stories so you aren't trying to compete directly with Marvel's bombast and are more your own thing. Which is something Gambit could easily do... provided it's a solid movie that does justice to the character.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. jaylop97

Thanks for bringing that up I think I was exaggerating a little to much by throwing in Surprised into the sentence, I think they are in the right to push back production if something as big as a director change has happened, being on hold is a safe way to go ultimately just to ensure they can develop things as originally wanted for the movie's sake because I really think that Gambit of course can wield some momentum in this movie.

5. Mostezli

Mostezli Corroborating with EVIL

Until they (the current director and lead actor) could get their schedule in order because they have other projects in development + other films to finish.

• Like Like x 1
  6. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Per usual, Kinberg talks about his future projects including finding tone of Gambit:

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

7. Neo Ultra Mike

You know considering a Gambit movie has been talked about since at least his appearance in X-Men Origins Wolverine I think you can talk about Gambit being in talks nearly as long as Deadpool. Especially since the movie was suppose to have been shot last year to air this one until the original director left and you had to retool the script. Again though what Marvel FOX can bring honestly are smaller adventures then we get in the MCU and more specific character focuses and that would fit Gambit rather well so hope we're going in that direction.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  9. avastye

avastye New Member

The longer Gambit delays, the less I care. BTW, anyone not happy with Tatum as Gambit? Can't quite picture it, but am excited to see what he looks like in costume. (Remember when everyone was like WTF when Ledger was cast as the Joker).

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm still going to be surprised if this movie ends up getting made :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. jaylop97

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

Fox needs to scrapped Gambit they just wasting everybody time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

They should really just throw him into one of their other X-Men movies at this point given the likelihood of that solo movie happening :sweat:

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

What were his qualifications besides "can do accent" again?

16. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

I'm pretty sure it was "He's interested and plenty of people like him". I don't think there was any other reasons.

Of course, plenty of people liking him is more referring to his female fans and people who liked him in 21 Jump Street since he has plenty of haters too. I'm not one, but I don't think he needs his own Gambit movie.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

When you say "plenty of people like him", you are referring to Chattum. We still don't know about the character itself. He is certainly not in the league of Deadpool or Wolverine. This is FOX highly hedging their bets on an actor and a b-list character. Yeah, we know RDJ and Iron Man, but no one griped about RDJ being Tony Stark.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. defunctzombie

Staff Member Moderator

Gambit is popular among the fic circles, but mostly as a woobie because of his massive screw over during the Antarctica storyline. He's also a target for the shippers.

Personally, I like him because he's unpredictable. Watch the Genosha cartoon episode, that basically sums him up. Does he need his own movie? No. Does Tatum need to play him? No. I thought Kitsch did a decent job with what he was given, even though costuming was wrong. Tatum has the wrong body type.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, well, the problem was Kitsch didn't do so well in solo movies like John Carter so he became radioactive and Hollywood liked Tatum in 2016 but that can change in 2017. But I agree, Tatum isn't right, imo.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. defunctzombie

Staff Member Moderator

Oh, I didn't mean Kitsch should come back, he'd be a little too old now (he didn't age as well as Wolvie did). Just that the first Gambit portrayal wasn't bad with a mediocre actor.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1