1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Galtar and the Golden Lance

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by Schuyler, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Schuyler

Schuyler Member

2. greg!

greg! Member

It was very well made. The artwork was great & the writing superb. One of the last great Hanna-Barbera shows.

3. Schuyler

Schuyler Member

Its a real shame not many know about it and its really hard to find, I'm still looking.

4. Kris

Kris Member

Galtar

I loved this series back in the late `80s when I saw it. Was any of the struggle ever really resolved ? I know things usually weren't back in the day (although hey, if a mish-mash of quality like The Transformers could get an arguable proper conclusion, in a sense, then by accident I guess other `80s shows might've stumbled to a natural end as well or been cancelled at just the right point in their run).

And yeah, I do remember it looking amazing. Who knows how that'll hold up when I finally find stills or video of the thing. Any luck, anyone ?

5. Toon Capone

Toon Capone Active Member

I remember it.

Sadly I never got to see a lot of episodes though I remember it because they used to air it along side Yogi's Treasure Hunt.

6. Hypestyle

Hypestyle Active Member

good show.. wouldn't mind seeing a dvd set..

7. Old School Joe

8. Schuyler

Schuyler Member

Nice find, and look at the boomerang logo, so I don't know why they can't air this cartoon, it would be a good change, it could replace Thunderr, or air side by side. That would be a good hour of action

9. Kris

Kris Member

10. CelesteK

CelesteK Secret Gobots Fan.

Is that Lou Richards voicing Galtar?

11. Manhunter

Manhunter Super-Tech Cat Ninja Guy

Yes, it is.

12. CelesteK

I thought so. I heard that voice and I imediately thought to myself: Gee Galtar sounds a lot like Leader-1 only more commanding.

13. CelesteK

14. JTMarsh

JTMarsh Wing Commander

A fun series to be sure, feeling like dress rehearsal for the later Hanna-Barbera pirate fantasy adventure "Pirates of Dark Water". Galtar has just enough charm to be an engaging lead and he has a good foil in Goleeta as GI Joe voice actress Mary McDonald-Lewis puts just enough Lady Jaye into the role to be fun without being a complete carbon copy of our favorite green clad GI Joe heroine. Zorn also emerges as one of the best or at least better tag-along kids as he manages to avoid falling into a lot of the narrative traps that tend to derail characters like him.

And who can forget the late great Brock Peters as the voice of Tormack (who appeared to be patterned on horror icon Christopher Lee)?