FUNimation has Eureka Seven: AO and King of Thorn

Discussion in 'The Anime Forum' started by macattack, Apr 28, 2012.

1. macattack

macattack I see you!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/pre...t-announces-new-acquisitions-at-anime-central

I guess this means Bandai Entertainment is thoroughly toast for real. I still feel kinda numb about it. I wonder if FUNi will hire Bang! Zoom! for dubbing duties or use the (almost) entirely new cast as an excuse to record in Texas. Stephanie Sheh should return though as she's done work for FUNi and Eureka does appear.

As for King of Thorn, I've read the manga. Other than its left-field ending is one hell of a ride. I have no idea how faithful the anime is to the manga though.

2. River26

River26 Active Member

Yeah, the only "Bandai" that's left is Namco Bandai. Though, they only license games that come from Japan.

But all in all, this' awesome news :).

3. GingaDaiuchuu

GingaDaiuchuu Active Member

That just leaves Hyouka as the only show of the season I wanted to watch that doesn't get a "simulcast" of sorts (and it would be nice if something similar happened for it). With no US companies even doing that much for this until now, I was getting worried about the potential for a future home video release, but I'm glad to see FUNimation announce it now. That means they'll probably get the first season if it goes out of print.

4. macattack

macattack I see you!

5. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

I heard Eureka shows up does anyone else though? Because if she's the only returning character who wouldn't logically have a voice change (ie, the kids) then they don't need Bang Zoom to dub the show because as you mentioned, Sheh has recorded for them before. If Renton shows up they can easily enough get JYB as well.

6. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

From what I've read, the continuity (if any) is murky and ambiguous for the moment. No kids yet.