Full Experience Suggestions

Discussion in 'Platypus Comix' started by DaffyDonaldQW93, Jan 29, 2014.

1. DaffyDonaldQW93

DaffyDonaldQW93 Member

1. Pinky and the Brain- Prime time edition. A prime time first-run episode of P&TB, mainly to see what Jamie Kellener wanted to advertise on a show that belongs on saturday mornings. I'm curious if any major dairy board got license for the sensational California Milk Processor Board campaign otherwise known as "Got Milk?" at this point and paid to advertise on the two megomaniacal mice during breaks.

2. The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show- Very impossible to find a first airing, since only 18 episodes were made. If Peter Paltrifge can go through this daunting task he is awarded a cookie. Though I am satisfied with my DVDs without ads.

3. The Berenstien Bears (The CBS original not the recent public tv showl)-- My goodness, this must be rare. They've surfaced in Random House videos and DiC syndication packages- but not without being butchered in one way or another.

4. Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog- The first airing of the "Lovesick Sonic" episode. Allthough commercials vary from station to station, I would love to see an old taping of that infamous "Sonic Sez" segment that's since become viral.

5. Tiny Toon Adventures- The looney beginning CBS special- If Peter cut the ads out, I'll gladly PM him where to find it. Allthough on DVD now, the lost footage should give a mention. I also would like to see the old recording of the theme song, something Peter failed to do on Full Experience: Animaniacs (it's only a minor nitpick, the article was AWESOME! I dug that promo announcing a new episode of A! with all of the wacky fast cuts)
    6. Nicktoons August 11th 1991 with all 3 premeries (Doug, Rugrats and Ren and Stimpy). Fans of Old School Nick would really love thiis, and would be the perfect companion to the MTV launch article. Very historicial day in animation. Though I'm not sure how many commericials played inbetween shows.

Captain N/Super Mario World Hour (i forgot the real title) on NBC- the episode with "Mama Luigi". Fans of youtube poop can embrace a SpaDInner source in a whole new way. Same reasons as "Lovesick Sonic"
    BONUS: I know you don't collect old films, but some colllector should have "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and the rest of the 60's Charlie Brown specials as they first aired with the Coca-Cola bumpers. Repeat airings of "Charlie Brown's All-Stars" have surfaced over the years, since Dolly Madision was a co-sponsor of the repeats; Thannks and if you readers have other requests, feel free to suggest them. This is only suggestions, not all of it is going to come true........

2. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword! Moderator

Since you were the same guy who wouldn't get off my back until I made the Animaniacs one, I'm reluctant to promise you anything else you want, out of fears you will behave the same way until I give it to you. I think that's an understandable reaction.

3. Chris

Chris Corn is good and good for you!

I have a few episodes of the short-lived sitcom "The Pitts." It would be fun to see Pete go through this.

4. Zorak Masaki

Zorak Masaki Active Member

The ads from the first airing of Simpsons Roasting Over an Open Fire have surfaced, but it would be interesting to see the ads from the first airing of Bart the Genius. Same for the ads for the premieres of Futurama, Family Guy, American Dad, heck, maybe even the first night of Adult Swim or the Premiere of Toonami (someone had to have taped it at day one).

5. Peter Paltridge

The first airing of Bart the Genius I can do. Same with the first American Dad. The others I don't have. I should have a Cowboy Bebop from Adult Swim's first year, but I'd have to check if it's enough. As for The Pitts, I've said before it may be the worst show I've ever seen. Fun for you, maybe, not for me. ....Yet for completion's sake I'll have to think about it.

6. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Ten Years on TZ!

I'd loooove to see a full two hour installment of The Disney Afternoon, preferably from the 1990 to 1993 seasons. Unfortunately, we pretty much know by now that such a thing doesn't exist.

7. Calvin64

Calvin64 New Member

1: The Charmarathon marathon on Kids WB
    2: The first airing of Spongebob, after the 1999 KCA's
    3: The first Cartoon Cartoon Fridays
    Also, what happened to Policy Trailer Jamboree 4 and Post-Sum2013 editions of TYCEH?

8. Peter Paltridge

I've been sitting on the Policy Trailer Jamboree 4 material. Someday I'll use it.
    TYCEH is on hiatus and I don't know yet when it'll resume.

9. RandomMe

RandomMe Stave it off

I want to see recordings of breaks from Kids' WB airings of one of these CN shows: Codename: Kids Next Door, Samurai Jack, The Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. I'm also interested to see how the bumpers for these shows looked like.

10. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Who's your friend who likes to play?

I would like to see a Garfield and Friends full experience of an episode from the seventh season, and a Mumfie one if you have it.

11. Looney Tunes Fan

Looney Tunes Fan Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

Or does it? ;)

12. Peter Paltridge

Well, if you have one, don't hesitate to send me a message.

13. Looney Tunes Fan

Looney Tunes Fan Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

I'll certainly keep that in mind. :)

14. Zorak Masaki

How about "FULL EXPERIENCE" articles for the "big name" Christmas specials you said you wouldnt cover as misfit Christmas specials (ie, charlie brown, garfield, the grinch, etc)? You did do them for the 1979 airing of Rudolph and Christmas Comes to Pac-Land, so it would be interesting to see the ads for those specials.

15. Zorak Masaki

Here's another idea, though it may be hard to find, how about Laverne and Shirley in the Army (either the original 1981 airings, or the 1998-99 tv land airings)? It would be interesting to actually see why Peter considers it the worst tv show ever.

16. TheMisterFree

TheMisterFree Member

How about a more Portland-style one; the Town Hall ep about the Rajneeshees that he mentioned in the last TV Guide Ads edition? (Or maybe, the first newscast from KPTV when they switched back to Fox in 2001; they were first acquired by Fox when they acquired Chris-Craft/United; they then traded it to Meredith Corp., owners of Better Homes and Gardens and KPDX in exchange for WOFL-35 in Orlando, and then swapped afiils with KPDX; a similar thing was done in Minneapolis with KMSP-9 (which was also an ABC affiliate, then indie, almost like KPTV) and WFTC-29 at the same time; KMSP was also part of United, while WFTC was acquired from ClearChannel.) On another note, Gannett is spinning off all it's newspapers as a separate company, so the whole setup for KGW (owned by former Belo exec Jack Sander, operated by Gannett) may not be needde for much longer.

17. Peter Paltridge

I don't have access to that episode. Just the ad for it.

18. Alex Sarosi

Alex Sarosi Member

Could you do one for Invader Zim please.

19. Peter Paltridge

I'll consider it -- I may have an episode or two on tape somewhere.

20. Alex Sarosi

Alex Sarosi Member

Personally, I would like to get the first episode of ZIM when it premiered, maybe even the entire block of the night it premiered.!.