1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

[from Dec. 2005] Kids WB Aftertoons Show Talkback: FINAL WEEK (12/26 - 12/30)

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by veemonjosh, Dec 26, 2005.

1. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

The final week of the Aftertoons Show is upon us. From 3:00 to 5:00, watch the final five days happen, and stay tuned on Saturday, January 7, 2006 for "Too Big for Your TV Saturday"!!!

All on Kids WB's Aftertoons Show!

Note: This Talkback can be used for both a discussion of this week and your memories of the weekday block in general.

2. anime_guru

anime_guru show me your as-sets

watching kids wb has been a nice thing for me growing up to be honest. For me, it used to come on in the morning and saw shows like batman beyond, static shock, jackie chan adventures and several other series that have come and gone (men in black of course being by favorite). However if this is the last week, I would expect it to go with more of a bang that what we are being exposed to. What a whimper for a good run.

Eh well...c'est la vie

3. iggy

iggy Rocko's modern Life fan

It is truly sad to see it go. Sure the shows not be much anymore but come on! I'll try to force myself to watch some pokemon and whatever else they got. Maybe theyll play some good shows instead of kids WB. like mamas family so it wont be all bad

4. veemonjosh

Um... guys. You DO realize this is only the final week for the weekday afternoon block... right?

I'll probably post my thoughts later in the week.

On a related question, does anyone know what will be playing in the extra saturday hour starting January 7? I originally thought they might scrounge up some random classic Kids WB show from the past, but I'm starting to agree with my dad that they may double up episodes.

5. Static

Static I put a shock to your system!

Your dad's right. For the first week, back-to-back episodes of Johnny Test will air. Loonatics Unleashed will then follow in the second week, Coconut Fred in the third, and finally The Batman in the fourth.

6. veemonjosh

So, for the first week, it'll be:

7:00 - JT
    7:30 - JT
    8:00 - VJ
    8:30 - TB
    9:00 - XS
    9:30 - LU
    Note: all times after this are on Sunday from 8 to 10 for me.
    10:00 - Po
    10:30 - CFFSI
    11:00 - JT
    11:30 - YGO

3 Jonny Tests?!!? That's just madness right there.

7. Dangerous_D

Dangerous_D Member

what the hell is wrong with these networks, Kids WB was the last network on regular tv to run cartoons in the afternoon, and now you will have nothing, personally this is the dumbest thing I ever seen, I remeber back from the 80's to the late 90's there used to be cartoons on all the net works except for ABC, CBS and NBC in the morning and afternoon on the weekdays, look at fox, all you have now is lame ass court tv shows and who's the boss, the only thing worth watching on fox in the afternoon is married with children, although that show was more slated for primetime due to the content, but oh well, heres to the death of weekday cartoons, may these networks rot in hell for this

8. veemonjosh

You said it.

So... my comments for today: I didn't see Pokemon. Viewtiful Joe was new to me (yet I have all the dub episodes on tape so far!). Fire Leo is a cool villan :p . Transformer Cybertron was also new to me and definetly was a cool concept (yet I've seen it been done before in Digimon). I wasn't really paying attention on Monday and completely missed Tuesday.

Anyways... who else is going to tape the block on Friday?

9. DonkeyKongSong

DonkeyKongSong Active Member

I've been watching all week long, this is the final showing... I won't tape today's b/c it has Loonatics Unleashed and I vowed never to watch it. Having Transformers Cybertron really brightened my afternoons and got me into it, I don't have cable and gave up on Transformers after Armada but Cybertron is a huge improvement from Energon. I remember the weekday lineup is how I found WB in August 2002 when I saw Pokémon (the coming Saturday was Mucha Lucha's premiere).

I must admit the lineup is going downhill, what only showing the latest season of Pokémon, I remember I used to watch an ep and not see it for 5-6 months... but it's better than ER and 8 Simple Rules! But I guess I'd rather come home to 8 Simple Rules than Coconut Fred... I turned on the TV, screamed, and turned it off XD That coconut is scary.

I never got into ER but watch it ocassionally, and 8 Simple Rules lost all quality when John Ritter died IMO. No cable means nothing to watch after school. But with computer technology, instead of complaining that they don't show early Pokémon eps, I'll make my own weekday lineup w/computer shows such as the early Pokémon eps! And the new TFC eps when they come out (currently watching Galaxy Force subs but they're semi irritating, and I prefer dubs usually)... it's 3:48 here now, gonna go watch TFC at 4:30 PM! My last chance to see it on TV...

10. veemonjosh

Well, it's over. I just have one comment to close the run with (I will post my comments on my memories tomorrow):

WHY!?!? WHY DID YOU TAKE IT AWAY!!??! YOU DAMN DIRTY APES!!!!!

...and here's the actual final comment. With the Warners:

"Wheel of Morality, turn turn turn. Tell us the lesson that we should learn.

Partly cloudy with a chance of tombstones."

Tombstone hits mime and says:

Local Channel Afternoon Cartoons
    Sometime in the late 50's or early 60's - Friday, December 30, 2005
    "Thanks a lot WB, thanks a lot."

11. Dangerous_D

Dangerous_D Member

after being on this planet for 26 years we now say goodbye to cartoons on the weekdays in general morning and afternoon, and say hello to lame ass day time tv such as court shows and soap operas, damn you all to hell

12. Assembler

Assembler Soul Slayer

:crying: goodbye weekday KWB. I will miss you.

13. Dangerous_D

Dangerous_D Member

basiclly good bye to anything animated on weekday morning and afternoons on local tv

14. Avenger772

Avenger772 Member

This news truely puts a sour taste in my mouth. Not directly pertaining to me. The line up has not peaked my interest in some time. In addition, I have cable. This puts a sour taste in my mouth for the countless numbers of children without cable. They deserve to come home from a hard day of school and relax for a 2 hours or so with some sort of animation before starting their homework. Broadcast cable has done nothing now but release shows aimed to the elderly and people without jobs. Both of which would indeed watch a lot of tv but they should be looking past that a bit. Im lucky I was able to experience broadcast in it's glory days. This is just a sad sad day in history.

15. Dangerous_D

Dangerous_D Member

I don't see how ER at 3pm is apporpiate after all theres sexual content on the show thats why it was on after 9pm on NBC, but 3pm, thats really pushing the envelope

16. iggy

iggy Rocko's modern Life fan

I'm proud to say i watched Weekday kids Wb the last day it was on:) With Pokemon at 3 and i watched Loonatics for the first time at 4( not horrible but why does the daffy character always have to be picked on:sad: ) Anyway i watched CatDog at 3:30. Sad to see weekday kids Wb go. what do you guys think the chances of it ever coming back are?

17. Dangerous_D

Dangerous_D Member

heres there e-mail address for what it's worth I encourage everyone to get the word around and e-mail bomb these bastards

faces@thewb.com

18. NahMan85

NahMan85 WWW.OTAKARA-ISLAND.COM=ANIME.

Well what is there left to say

Since everybody said basically the same thing I don't want to redundently repeat what has already been said. So I will just say...nothing. Nah for real though I salute you KWB. You gave us little kids something to watch every afternoon for countless years ( Hey how many years was it anyway?) and I loved every minute of it. All I can say now is "ADU", until the next time we meet. Which I hope will be pretty soon. But I know we won't. Thank you again for the great memories. Just can't say enough about KWB. Goodbye and farewell.

19. Dangerous_D

Dangerous_D Member

they moved Transformers Cybertron back to CN it's on the old timeslot of Armada and Cybertron 6am Eastern and 3am Pacific, thats bogus while they run the same 6 or 7 shows all day long

20. Mr. Joker

Mr. Joker Batman, the real nutcase

As an Transformer fan, I cant see it now. I dont get up that early.

WB losing the afternoon cartoons really is a blow to me. Every weekend I get up at 12 PM, so I missed the shows. The weekday shows were the only way for me to catch them. Last time I saw Saturday morning shows on both KidsWB and Fox was two years ago.