1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fresh Question #44: Best PC game?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Nightwing, Jul 9, 2001.

1. Nightwing

Nightwing WF Old Man

Greetings everyone, please forgive the lateness of this week's FQ, I had some comp trouble. My appologies. Anyway, on with the next question:

In your best gamers opinion, what is the best PC game of all time??

2. batboy2001

batboy2001 Spider Jerusalem

I always liked Army Men and Steel Panthers. I downloaded a new demo that is very cool, its called Desperadows Wanted Dead or Alive. You are a bounty hunter in the old west framed for murder and you have to sneak around a town picking off bad guys 1 at a time. One of the cool thing about it is you are not a superman, one shot can kill you, then the game is over, and your gun can over heat and you can't shoot. Another game that is cool is Escape From Monkey Island.

3. Vigo Sprax

Vigo Sprax Member

I've always been a big fan of the Command & Conquer: Red Alert series.

4. Firefly

Firefly I'm Back!

Half-Life but I don't play many Computer games I stick to consoles game

5. I.R Joey

I.R Joey Yep my face got stuck this way

I'm still a Civ 2 man. However, I also like the Age of Empires series, Command and Conquer RA, most of blizzards RTS.

Oh and tribes 2 rocks.

BTW Have any of you played an obscure game from Sierra called Battle Bugs?

6. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Whyyyyy'sis heead so biiiiiig?

Half-Life was darn good and had me enthralled.

But my favorites would have to be the new D&D adaptations that have been coming out lately, especially Planescape and Baldur's Gate II. The character interaction is absolutely amazing, and fighting dragons in BGII was every bit as satisfying as I thought it would be.

And besides, BGII has Minsc and his best friend Boo, the miniature giant space hamster! "The butts of evildoers await my bootprint!" How can you not love that!

"Go for the eyes, Boo!"

7. icecold

icecold Guest

I don't play too many PC games but out of the few I have I'm gonna say Half Life.

8. Leaping Larry Jojo

Leaping Larry Jojo Searching for a map

Probably Civ II. But I like a lot of games. I am currently, FINALLY, playing through the Monkey Island games now that they come in one package at a reduced price.

9. Psycho Fox

Psycho Fox Toonix Guru

Well I have to say:

Civ 2
    Railroad Tycoon & Transport Tycoon (these booth have the same basic idea but go about it diffently and I like both of them.

But more then anything I have to say.... Panzer General II and Peoples Gerneral I rember boging down the college network down playing 4 way multiplayer battles on Panzer General II

10. Kylewayne

Kylewayne Mrs. Outlander00

I would have to say that my favorite PC game would have to be Diaoblo 2 cuz it's taking me TOO LONG TO FINISH! Ahhhhhhhhhh!
    Well, I like the fact that it's challenging and not easy.

My all time favorite PC game has to be Need for Speed 3. I LOVE car racing games!!! :eek:

11. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

I was a fan of the Elite based game 'HardWar' - very under rated....
    Other than that... I really enjoyed 'Blade Runner' when it came out a few years back. Recommended.

Of course FF7, although more psx than PC, it did make an outing...

12. Mr. Eye

Mr. Eye Member

It may not be the best one, but I really enjoyed playing Duke Nukem. It was kewl.

Mr. Eye

13. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

By PC games, I assume you mean ones for Personal Computers? I don't play console games too often (tho I did really love the first Zelda game) but one PC game I played all the way thru was Dig. Yeah, it's old, but it was before Deep Impact and Armageddon and kinda went on that theme of a giant asteroid coming to earth. I guess the game is rather dated now, but I still found it highly enjoyable. Other than that, I don't really play games on the computer too often.

14. freakboy86

freakboy86 Member

Well, I was gonna say 'Diablo II', but KyleWayne beat me too it! 'course I beat the game (man, that Amazon character kicks!) so guess that all works out....tee hee!
    So right now my favorite is a tie between 'Delta Force: Land Warrior' and 'Quake II'. (yeah, I know Quake III is out, but 'taint got the money for it yet....)
    But it's still tough to match 'Myst' and it's various sequels...

15. joker

joker Rock N' Roll Heart

i really like the sims...

16. HaZeL

HaZeL Guest

raymond feist

personally i think some of the best games were betrayal at krondor and return to krondor, the 2 are based on feists oh so excellent novels about the riftwar, theyre so indepth i get lost in his books, but the games were even better since i got to actually see all the characters and interact with the story, not just sitting there imagining it, but hey thats me...... ^_^

17. DarkAngel

DarkAngel Lord Vader

Unreal Tournament

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Unreal Tournament. It has to be, without a doubt, the greatest PC game. Visually, it's incredible, the level design is outstanding, the weapon selection is perfect, the various game modes are great, and the action is without equal.

18. Nightflower

Nightflower Floral Mod Extraordinaire

Re: Unreal Tournament

I don't know if these would necessarily qualify as the best, but Diablo 2, Sims, and Civ 2 are my favorite.

19. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

Anybody here a fan of Oregon Trail? The old version we played in school (the green and black screen version) was great, and I also love the CD ROM version.

20. I.R Joey

I.R Joey Yep my face got stuck this way

I remember Oregon trail, I never got a chance to really play it though.