1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Fresh Question #2: Your "Favorite" Musical

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by Nightwing, Nov 12, 2001.

1. Nightwing

Nightwing WF Old Man

Hello bambinos! I'm sure you're all still drooling over the revamp The World's Finest has gone through thanks ever so much to it's Toon Zone home, but pay attention! It's new FQ time! This question is entitled "boy Nightwing can be a jerk sometimes" because this question is derived from the whining about musicals I casually hear. So swallow your pride and tell me:

What is your favorite musical (TV, movie, or theater)? Or in someof your cases, the one you hated the least. :)

Original Number: #53

#1 Nightwing, Nov 12, 2001
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2001
  2. Oracle

Oracle All seeing, all knowing...

I actually like a lot of musicals. I've seen a few on stage and many on video. My favorite musical is The Phantom of the Opera. I have a thing for guys in masks.:p

3. DR. BELCH

DR. BELCH Member

Mine is--

--The Rocky Horror Picture Show. "Creature of the night?" Another is Into the Woods, with the delightful Bernadette Peters (Rita on Animaniacs. She's a good dog. Definately a good dog. Yeah.).

4. Singin' Stray Cat

Singin' Stray Cat Still Alive Somewhere

Hmmm, my pride could use a little ketchup. :p

I would have to say my favorite musical to date is Phantom of the Opera. My whole family dressed up and went to see it live at a huge playhouse downtown some time ago. It was simply breathtaking - especially the costumes! And, I gotta admit, I found myself really caught up in the story. :D

I also liked Cats (got to see that live, too) and I hope I get to see South Pacific while it's still playing here. Never seen it before, but it sounds like it might be a good musical. :)

5. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

Les Miserables and Phantom of the Opera are the only two Broadway musicals I really like and know anything about.

Others include the Rocky Horror Picture Show and Little Shop of Horrors.

6. Colin

Colin Oh... this is not good.
    Staff Member Administrator

My favorite is Guys & Dolls... but that's mainly because I was in Pit Orchestra when my school drama club did a production of it all those years ago... (okay, so it was 5)...

7. Maxie Zeus

Maxie Zeus Upside Down

Re: Re: Fresh Question #2: Your "Favorite" Musical

I'm not a huge musicals fan, but I really like "Singin' in the Rain" and "The Music Man."

8. Nightflower

Nightflower Floral Mod Extraordinaire

Re: Re: Re: Fresh Question #2: Your "Favorite" Musical

Fiddler on the Roof!

9. Jimmy Kustes

Jimmy Kustes Duncanzits

If they made a Jet Grind (Set) Radio musical play that would be my favorite.

10. Batgirl_2005

Batgirl_2005 Don't I Wish...

~sigh~ where to start.... I suppose I could say anything but Into The Woods ~shudders~ THat gave me nightmares for a week... (course that could have been the people in our cast... It's not that bad with B. Peters... but ~shudder~ our cast was... interesting)

My all time favourite I will have to say is Jesus Christ Superstar... Or maybe Phantom of the Opera... Or... Joseph and the....

OK... my list goes on and on and on... but anything by Andrew Lloyd Webber is my favourite. (except Cats that was kinda scary...)

11. Jack

Jack Rabbit of Tomorrow!

I liked the Mystery Of Edwin drood, Fiddler on the Roof, Into The Woods, Singin' in the Rain, Little Shop of Horrors, and a bunch of others that I can't remember the names to.

Jack:D
    Do Dumbo and Pinochio count?

12. Elven Moon

Elven Moon hiya, toonsters

*shudders* My drama teacher made me watch that in high school... twice! It started out pretty funny, then it just got... weird.

Anyway, I have a lot of musicals that I like. Little Shop of Horrors, maybe? But then I also enjoy the music from Annie... hmmm...

13. Zebi

Zebi Take off, eh!

My favourite, without a doubt, is the Phantom of the Opera. I saw it way back when in 1990, when I was in high school, at the Pantages Theatre in Toronto. It was my first time going to a musical, and the trip was arranged by the Drama and English classes. We went a matinee performance, and our seats were up on the balcony, which was really neat.

I've also seen Les Miserables and Beauty and the Beast. Although the latter was basically a musical in its movie form, it worked very well live on stage.

14. freakboy86

freakboy86 Member

Well, not being a fan of musicals, I will admit to 2 that I enjoy sooooo much that I forget they're musicals:
    The Blues Brothers
    and
    The Rocky Horror Picture Show .
    That's the closest I'll ever get to admiting there are musicals out there that i like. ehhhh :D

15. LightAngel

LightAngel Child of Twilight

Oh Phantom of the Opera all the way!!!!!!! Musicals rule!

16. Karkull

Karkull Mod of Chaos

When it comes to strictly musicals onstage, I must admit that I liked Phantom of the Opera and Starlight Express. As for movies, I like Blues Brothers, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, and South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut!

Speaking of which: in the South Park movie, did anyone else think that Gregory (Wendy's new boyfriend) looked and sounded an awful lot like Michael Crawford (the original Phantom)? He sure sounded like him to me.

17. Fish

Fish Danish Dynamite

My favorite musicals are : The Danish production of "Atlantis" - I never saw the musical, but I have the CD and know the story cuz I read the script

And the Norweigan produced "Which Witch" that was preformed in England and got bashed from the critics - but I love it!

<>< F I S H ><>

18. Samhaine

Samhaine Time To Relax

The South Park movie, Singin' in the Rain, and the latest episode of Buffy.

I have not yet seen a musical on stage that I have liked. I'm not saying that will always be the case, but nothing has made me change my mind yet.

19. RockItShipper

RockItShipper Master of Flying Guillotine

Gregory reminds me more of Michael from Digimon 02...

Anyway, I like musicals in general but it's the irreverent ones I enjoy the most. Rocky Horror, Cannibal, the South Park movie, Batboy(a parody of Lloyd Webber using a tabloid character)...

20. Captain Caps

Captain Caps Active Member

My favorite musicals...

-"The Muppet Movie"
    -"The Great Muppet Caper"
    -"The Muppets Take Manhattan"
    -"The Blues Brothers"
    -"The Rocky Horror Picture Show"
    -"Little Shop Of Horrors"
    -"South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut"
    -"Victor/Victoria"
    -"Flashdance"
    -"Talking Heads: Stop Making Sense"
    -"Sesame Street Presents: Follow That Bird"
    -"Heartbeat" (Yeah, the Don Johnson one. So sue me)

Okay, maybe not all of them are conventional musicals, but it's how I play it.

Sincerely,

John "Captain Caps" Kilduff