Free Spirit "I Love Bread" Talkback

Discussion in 'Platypus Comix' started by Peter Paltridge, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Can Winnie and the Harpers survive a normal, average, typical Airplane Ride From Hell? Find out this week!
    http://www.platypuscomix.net/freespirit/index.php?issue=15&page=1&seriesID=13

Originally "I Love Bread" was supposed to run first, followed by "Substitutiary Locomotion," so Winnie could play off her hatred of airplanes that had already been established.

Jessie's obsession with Cagney and Lacey here was inspired by a subchannel that's been running four-hour blocks of it on Sunday evenings all summer. My verdict was that it was a good show, but I couldn't imagine anyone Jessie's age actively seeking it out. Hence why she's revealed to be following the reruns so intensely. It's just such a Jessie thing to do.

2. Dsneybuf

Dsneybuf Well-Known Member

This story had interesting setup, but I guess it felt hard not to use too many of the stale jokes regarding airplane flights?

3. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

No, the second half is already written and there's not a single "airplane food" joke in it. But all my drawing time has been devoted to the October BANG issue (coming soon, but not soon enough).

I'm behind on so much crap, it's painful. I devote my day to getting something done, but I still go to bed guilty over all the things I DIDN'T get done. I wish I could just drop a quarter into some kind of box and buy an extra hour of daytime whenever I need it.

I suppose, in a way, I'll soon get that extra hour for one night -- but the tradeoff will be watching the sun set at 4:30 PM for several months, which is always depressing.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. twilicorn

twilicorn HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER

I know that feel bro

5. Dsneybuf

Dsneybuf Well-Known Member

Well, I update my own websites so rarely, that I don't think I should complain about how long new material takes to appear on this one.