1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Fox Kids Beats A Dead Horse And Announces More Rip-Offs

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by James Harvey, Jul 5, 2001.

1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

The evil that is Fox Kids announced the next incarnation of the Power Rangers in their 10 year old franchise. The next version, after the current 'Time Force' will be...'Animal Force'. In the next version, the Rangers will turn into either a Lion, Bison, Gorilla, Falcon, and a Shark. Let the giggling ensue. Next up will be the Pokemon/Battle Bots rip off entitled MedaBot. The point of this anime series? It's about a young boy who dreams of battling his robots in the variousd battling leagues. Sound familair? Nelvana will bring Medabots to Fox. Saban will ram the foul tasting Animal Force down out throats later in the season.

In other news, Fox affiliate Q13 has dropped Fox Kids weekday programming, opting for Montel WIlliams and Judge Mills.

2. don Jaime

don Jaime Active Member

Q13? Aw, you sank my Battleship!

3. The Dork Knight

The Dork Knight The saddles do what now?

Q13? BINGO! What do I win? I hope it's a banana.

4. Mr. Obsession

Mr. Obsession Active Member

Q13? Hey I get that station!

But they dropped the weekday foxkids lineup? That's news to me, I guess if I actually watched the foxkids lineup I would have either known about this by now or cared.

5. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Whyyyyy'sis heead so biiiiiig?

...and they wonder why their ratings are in the basement.

6. James Harvey

You can tell things aren't going exactly great for the channel when an affiliate with a couple thousand less affiliates is kicking FOX's arse. I think 2004 will be the year when FOX will decide whether or to keep the FOX KDIS block, or maybe 2005. I know it's soon...

7. I.R Joey

I.R Joey Yep my face got stuck this way

Just make new episodes of Big Guy and Rusty, then they can go away for all I care, them and Kid's WB.

8. JustJack

JustJack Just Odd

I hate to be like this..but..

The new PR series is "Wild Force"(Ooooo big difference. I know), and...It's not a rip off if they're "ripping off" their own show. <cough>
    ...sorry bout that.

Medabot I think looks kinda neat though. the robots have snap-together models. I have one, & that thing is pretty cool. But yes, the series is a Pokemon/any robot show-rip off.

9. James Harvey

WILD Force? I guess the musta change dit. I read tpress release, and it said Animal Force, but they musta changed it between then and now. Still, either name is incredibly lame. As for FOX, if that channel went I wouldn't miss it. And good FOX toons will eventually end up somewheres better.

10. Psycho Fox

Psycho Fox Toonix Guru

Wait a minute that sounds like that kid show Animorph (or something like that) where a bunch of kids can turn into animals to fight some sort of evil (it's been awhile since I seen it)

11. oranthal

oranthal Superman: A hero in life and in death

if fox shows exo-squad and phantam 2040, i will watch FK. even these two "old" shows beat the hell of these new shows.

12. Maxie Zeus

Maxie Zeus Upside Down

KBBL is gonna give me something stoooopid!

Hey, I.R., can you (or anybody) tell me any more about this show? I never watch Fox Kids, but I accidently caught this one day and was kind of struck by it. Is it original, or is it based on other material?

13. James Harvey

The show is about a Boy Robot who doesn't know his seniro robot partner is maned by...well... a man. The show is in the same vien as MIB, but without that crappy digital coloring. The two robots basically slug it out with big monsters and other robots. But don't let my petty description confuse you. The show, like MIB, is very well done and features one of the best characters on television, Rusty The Boy Robot.

14. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Whyyyyy'sis heead so biiiiiig?

The show was also based on a comic done by, of all people, Frank Miller of "The Dark Knight Returns" fame.

Ah, I miss that show already....

15. Maxie Zeus

Maxie Zeus Upside Down

:eek:

Now I must find the comic.

But that'll be impossible, right? :(

16. Nightwing

Nightwing WF Old Man

I dunno, I mean I like the trying new things deal and all, but yeah it seems like they crossed the line between trying new things and just carbon copying something they did before. Power Rangers, this Medabot thing, blah blah etc.

DG's right, this sure is beating a dead horse, but I can't blame a network with such evil as FOXKIDS, because what more do you expect them to do?? The easiest time to beat a horse is when it's already dead on the ground!! Use some logic people! :rolleyes:

Uuugh. Eh, evil will be evil I guess.

17. James Harvey

BIG GUY & RUSTY TH EBOY ROBOT was a 2 issue mini-series publishe dby Dark Horse back in 1995. It was written by Miller and the art was done by Geoff Darrow (I think). Good luck finding copies becuase there was only about 10,000 copies made of each issue. They made occasional appearances in Dark Horse Presents but that's about it. And FOX's costant resussitation of POWER RANGERS just goes to show how they prefer to stick with a failing show then try somnething daring

18. LOL! Makes me glad I don't own a Tv.

19. Maxie Zeus

Maxie Zeus Upside Down

I guess I'll just put it down on the list with all the others that got away. And that list is already too long as it is. *mutter* *mutter* *grumble*

20. don Jaime

don Jaime Active Member

I've seen a BG&R paperback at a nearby comic store. You might try Amazon, or eBay.