1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fox CEO confirms "The Simpsons" will not be ending in the foreseeable future

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by JTOONSAnimation, Aug 12, 2017.

?

When will "The Simpsons" end?

1. In the 2020's

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. In the 2030's

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. After 2040?

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. JTOONSAnimation

JTOONSAnimation Active Member

SOURCES:
    http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/the-simpsons/51277/there-are-no-plans-to-end-the-simpsons
    http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-simpsons/news/a835193/the-simpsons-not-ending-soon/
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08...-see-an-end-to-that-storytelling-anytime-soon

FOX CEO Dana Walden, has announced that FOX's long-running animated sitcom will not be ending anytime soon. Walden is a big fan of the series and has expressed that she still wants to have more stories.

She quotes, "They have a lot [of new ideas for special episodes]", "The stories are so fresh. I really don't see an end to that storytelling. It's certainly not one...something that we've discussed", and "I never want to be [at Fox] without The Simpsons".

So who knows, the will probably still be on the air in 2021, in its 32nd season airing its 700th episode.

On another note, the series has also been the highest rated program on Fox's Sunday night lineup for a very long time (sometimes taken by Family Guy)

But what do you think, will we see the series get up to 40 seasons, over even over 800 episodes?

It could always change though, back in 2013, Adult Swim said its popular series Aqua Teen Hunger Force won't be ending anytime soon, but management changes had the series end two years later.

2. ZanyLogic5

ZanyLogic5 Active Member

Well, this is rather.....confusing.

3. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

Why am I not surprised?

4. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

They just can't let this show go.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

Unfortunate. What was once a genuinely good and funny show turned over the years into a mediocre shell of its former self injected with political messages and guest stars as the main leads. As far as I'm concerned the show ended a long time ago. The original charm it used to have has been gone for many years. It's no longer perceived as THE Simpsons. It's just the Simpsons. It can technically end in 2050, for all I care, but I think most people have moved on and agree the show should've ended a long time ago. They just follow the money and don't know when to stop.

6. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

Seems like they try to be like Sesame Street, a show that has more that (almost) 47 seasons in total, but eventually they'll get tire of it just like the older Simpsons fans were after season 9

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

The show will definitely end if Homer's voice-actor passes away or retires. Even
    Despite how mediocre the show has become , it's still better than what Family Guy has become "shudders".

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

I think the past few seasons have been a return to form for the series. I think the producers finally realized that the show didn't HAVE to merely be "good enough" and could go back to being outstanding with few problems. I would put up the quality of season 26 with any of the Golden Years.

9. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

I doubt it.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

10. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

I wonder if they have contingency plans in place for the main cast at this point. I mean we've already lost Marcia Wallace, so I imagine it would make them review things the longer time goes on. Eventually someone will want to retire or they'll pass away. It's a sad event, sure, but the brand is their moneymaker, so I assume they'd be making plans should the worst happen.

11. Zeether

Zeether Victory!

Hasn't Shearer threatened to quit more than once? If he goes, there goes a large chunk of the cast.

12. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

It's the 24th most watched primetime series, and the 4th most watched FOX series, so it makes sense why they don't want to end it soon.

13. ZanyLogic5

ZanyLogic5 Active Member

Or replace him with a different VA. But even THAT won't stop the show from running.

14. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

Would be the end of the show for me.

15. jasonnguyen2606

oh my god. I'm gonna die.

16. GershonB

GershonB New Member

That's true. When Mel Blanc died, Bugs, Daffy, and company didn't die with him.

17. Corwin Haught

Corwin Haught Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. VeiledHat

VeiledHat Pineapple from Heck

My idea for a final episode would be the Simpsons reliving every single episode in the space of 30 minutes and at the end, Springfield explodes and they die.

19. Dantheman

Dantheman Active Member

"I don't want to be [at Fox] without The Simpsons."

To quote John Lennon, it's easy if you try.

20. DeanBurrito25

DeanBurrito25 Well-Known Member

At this point I feel the only way the show will end is if any of the main cast either retires or passes away. I sincerely mean that, by the way.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #20 DeanBurrito25, Aug 13, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017