1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Forgotten cartoon scenes (Tip of my Tongue)

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Allison Grecko, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Allison Grecko

Allison Grecko New Member

Ever have a cartoon scene you remember details from but can't remember what it is exactly? I'm going through that, and Reddit isn't helping much:

I'm remembering a weird and pretty creepy scene from a cartoon involving a nesting mother bird. I'm sure I didn't imagine it, but it's pretty strange for a kids cartoon. The Reddit people seem to think it's "Mama Buzzard" from Looney Tunes (which seems about right). But I've searched and can't match this particular scene. Maybe a looney expert can help?

In the scene I'm remembering Mama Buzzard (or maybe a different female bird. I just remember it had long eyelashes) sits on her nest and falls asleep. Then some guy (probably Elmer Fudd) sneaks up and starts plucking her tail feathers, but she's still asleep and doesn't know, and pretty soon her tail is gone and her behind is bare.

And then it gets really weird, the guy starts to elaborately "prepare" her bare behind! Like maybe with salt or seasoning. And finally the guy actually spanks her bum! This finally wakes her up and she notices and jumps off the nest and freaks out on the guy.

Anyone know this cartoon? I remember it was a weird scene that was supposed to be funny but it bothered me when I was little and seems pretty creepy, and no one seems to remember it at all. I'm sure I didn't imagine it. It's driving me crazy!

2. AnotherRandomGuy

AnotherRandomGuy The cat's in the cradle

Useful topic.

I remember a "two part" episode of Pokemon with Ash, turning into a Pikachu but I can't remember what the names of those episodes were.

3. zajgrg

zajgrg Active Member

You're maybe thinking of the episode of Pokemon: Master Quest called Hocus Pokemon where Ash turns into Ashachu. I also remember that episode.
    Is this how he looked like:
    https://www.google.rs/search?q=asha..._AUIBygB&biw=601&bih=962#imgrc=_zwjWkF3TFjQSM:

4. the_joker

the_joker Active Member

There are only four Beaky Buzzard shorts, and none of them seem to match your description. The closest one I can find is in "The Lion's Busy" where Beaky Buzzard himself tries to eat a lion's tail.

Do you have any more details about the cartoon?

5. Allison Grecko

Allison Grecko New Member

Thanks for info.
    I don't remember too much other than that it was a female bird with long eyelashes on a nest and the hunter was preparing her while she slept. Like he plucks her rear end and pinches her plucked tail and lifts it so he can baste her bum, then slaps her (like tenderizing? It was a weird scene!), and this wakes her up and she sees and screams and freaks out. I can still remember the animation movement and some music and sound.

Even though it's probably a very silly scene, it actually disturbed me as a kid, the idea that she would be prepared for eating while asleep and her hysterical screams made it all the worse.

I'd to find it to prove to my friend that it was real and my mind isn't disturbed! haha

Reddit thinks it's Mother Vulture character. Maybe it's from a different Looney Tunes show?

6. the_joker

the_joker Active Member

It might not be from Looney Tunes, then. There are also Disney shorts, Woody Woodpecker, Tom and Jerry, and many other old and forgotten studios that produced cartoon shorts, and I don't know if this description happened to come from an obscure source. It'll take a while to find the scene just by watching the shorts. Do you remember what channel you saw this on? I'm guessing Cartoon Network since you thought it might have been Looney Tunes, but extra details can help.

7. Ava Cocoa Puff

Ava Cocoa Puff YepYepYep

I think I got it! It's Disney's Peter Pan.
    There's a scene where there's a seagull nesting on Captain Hook's ship. The seagull is very feminine with long eyelashes, just as you described. She's asleep on her nest and Hook's first mate Smee tries to prepare her for dinner but only gets as far as plucking her tail feathers and basting her rear. When Smee slaps on some spices she wakes up just in time but flies off her nest crying.

• Like Like x 1
  8. the_joker

the_joker Active Member

I just watched that scene from Peter Pan, and it matches the description very closely. It happens around the 25 minute mark, and Smee was trying to give Hook a shave, but accidentally worked on the seagull without noticing.

I saw the movie a few years ago, and I'm surprised I don't remember that scene. Then again, I don't think I remember too much of the movie right now, so it probably wasn't my cup of tea.

9. The Queen of Mean

The Queen of Mean New Member

I know I'm months late, but saw this and think I know this scene. There's an old cartoon that was on in the 90s called "Kissyfur" about animals in a forest. One of the villains is a female vulture who in one episode traps all the children animals in her house and forces them to do chores while all the time planning to eat them. She eventually falls asleep on her nest, and the young animals take their revenge then and she wakes up horrified to see her feathers are gone and she's bare butt naked.

I don't know what episode this is or where to find it but it totally matches your description.

(to be honest, I don't think this sort of thing is best described as "creepy" or weird. It's pretty standard cartoon slapstick. But I can understand that as youngins we remember things differently sometimes)

10. The Queen of Mean

The Queen of Mean New Member

Not a bad guess since I think there is a seagull in the movie who makes her nest on the Captain's head at one point, but she doesn't get cooked or lose her feathers.

Check out the "Kissyfur" scene if available. I think that's it.