1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

First World Problems

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by Peter Paltridge, Mar 15, 2014.

1. RandomMe

RandomMe An Imaginary Friend

My ZON decoder fails sometimes when I try to watch something on the Restart TV function!

2. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

I have been house sitting for someone and I have problems out the wazoo. For starters they don't have a recycling bin in their house so I have to go outside to recycle. Also they don't have a garbage can in their garage so whenever I clean out the catbox I need to go outside. Their facial tissues are those ultra thick lotion kind so they are too thick to pick my nose with (sorry for the TMI) but they have this El Cheapo bargain brand toilet paper that I need to use six feet of (again sorry). They apparently don't have a toaster so I have to eat my bagels cold like some kind of barbarian. They don't have cable so I couldn't watch reruns of Big Bang Theory like a usually do. Also Fox comes in really shaky on their dining room TV (and not at all on the TV in the den) so I had to watch Cosmos on-line. How do these people even live like this? The only bright side is that their bathroom has a heated floor.

3. RegularCapital

RegularCapital The Third Dimension

When the Blog Permissions on ToonZone are confusing. ;)

#23 RegularCapital, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2014
  4. Rhaynebow

Rhaynebow Well-Known Member

When I want to have pancakes and scrambled eggs for breakfast, but I only have one pan...

5. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

When people keep pestering me to get a credit card - when I know that's just a bad idea with how things are for people who have them in general. I've heard the horror stories and don't want any part of them in my trashy enough life.

6. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

Do you have a debit card that can act as a credit card? I have a couple different debit cards that are tied to checking accounts that have the Visa logo on it and can be used as a Visa card. When I use it as a Visa card, it just takes money from my checking account. If I don't have enough money, it doesn't work, so I don't have to worry about getting into debt.

7. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

I don't think this topic needs responses to problems, but this one needs a little bit of debunking.

Credit cards are only horrible if you're utterly terrible or naive with your finances. If you use it to spend in the same means as you would cash and not go overboard like it's endless money, you'll be fine. It's also a cheap and efficient way of building up your credit score for a home purchase or large loan of some variety or anything else you need where cash (or stored gold) won't be enough.

8. I.R. Shokew

Ugghhh..... That's what my dad told me as well.

If I must get one now. the only positives uses I have for it are a car repair and a new bed (when I get more money, that is... This bed I sleep in is to darn small!).

9. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

Use it for everything! Unless you're a paranoid doomsday prepper type who is afraid of the government (Hah!) then there's no reason it can't replace most of your cash transactions. You gain from it and become a happy little cog in the system.

10. I.R. Shokew

Yeah... Nope. I've got enough beefs with gov't here right now (and they don't qualify as First World problems, as much as they are, IMHO!).

11. CoolEric158

CoolEric158 She rocks both ways.

So this week has been rather exhausting; it's premiere week for the school musical, and I have to go to all-night practices with nothing to do since I'm only in Act 2, my director is loud and bossy, and, worst of all, I don't have time to watch my television. OH THE EXCRUCIATING ANGUISH!!

12. RegularCapital

Mobile websites grind my gears on a daily basis and needless programs that start up when you bootup your computer, thank god for Request Desktop Site mode and MSConfig.

13. RandomMe

When the elevator stops when it reaches the fourth floor (where I live) while entering from the ground floor and it later stops at the second floor. Used to happen frequently in the past (it stopped around 2008-2009) but that weird accident with the elevator has returned, happened to me earlier this month and happened with my father last month.
    When I come home from school, I generally enter the elevator from the garage.

14. RegularCapital

When I get off the train for work, a bunch of school kids congregate around the carriage door and they don't move out the way; they do this everyday, I would of thought they would of learnt by now.

15. RandomMe

When I get incorrect times in my EPG for the next few days, especially with the terrestrial channels. They get corrected on the day before tomorrow.
    I get correct times for today and tomorrow, sometimes AFTER tomorrow!

16. RegularCapital

When there is a coding error due to a Wordpress plugin fault on a live site (which also means PHP errors are turned off), that is the worst. I also like the "You Know What's BS" series by Cinemassacre, that always makes me laugh. :D

17. Aquadementia

Aquadementia That's a lot of Mulaney!
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't have a smart phone, a DVR or a Facebook account. Do I even qualify as living in the first world by today's standards?

18. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

Make a Facebook account and friend me on it.

19. Aquadementia

Aquadementia That's a lot of Mulaney!
    Staff Member Moderator

And become bourgeoisie!

20. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

My posters keep falling off my walls. :(