First World Problems

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by Peter Paltridge, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword!

Post your petty, insignificant complaints here.

I don't know if this affects more people than just me, but lately, Windows 7 has had a bug where if you put the computer on standby, and make it active again later, the clock in the right corner will disappear. The only cure is a restart, which I often don't want to do. But I also hate having to turn around and look across the room to know what time it is!

[For reference, we're talking about this kind of first world problem.]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2014
  2. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

The Pages Manager app for iOS doesn't show when people shared your stuff. It's so irritating.

Oh, and I want to play Titanfall on Xbox One, but I've only got a PS4, PS3, and Xbox 360. I guesss I could play it on 360, but the graphic downgrade is just too much.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2014
  3. CoolEric158

CoolEric158 God Bless America!

My keyboard's "U" key is broken. So in order to use it, I got to copy it, then paste it into what I was going to say. And believe me, it's not fun. Especially when I forget to do it, and when I hit the paste key, I get an overtly long link pasted on I intended for previously before.

4. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

The program guide on my cable box updated and now I have to type in something if I want to search for it. It can't search when you click on it. What am I, a freaking commie who has time to look up things?

5. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Active Member

I am house sitting for my grandma's friend and she doesn't have cable. I am trying to watch Cosmos on Fox but some for reason the big TV in the den doesn't get the channel so I have to watch it on the tiny TV in the kitchen. Also the reception is really choppy.

6. defunctzombie

defunctzombie Cutie Pie

I bought too much stuff so now my luggage is going to be overweight. And if that weren't enough, I only get one free checked bag. I have two, darn it.

7. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator

Today for lunch, I ordered two Double Cheeseburgers at McDonald's and they gave me two McDoubles instead.

8. Shawn Hopkins

I ate a giant steak and my stomach is a little upset.

9. Dudley

Dudley Moderator

My mom cooked too much food, and there's barely enough room in my stainless steel fridge to store it all.

10. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo We're not cousins!

Lately, every time that I go to one specific site with Google Chrome, I get the "Page has become unresponsive" message. I've tried clearing my browser history, removing extensions, even uninstalling Chrome, then re-installing it. So far, nothing I've tried has worked, and the page won't load unless I a) switch to a different browser, or b) close Chrome, open the "all programs" tab on the Start menu, go to Google Chrome from there and revisit the page. What do I look like? Someone who's not lazy?

11. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon!

My laptop freezes up every 10 minutes or so. It is pretty annoying, even though I have two others in the apartment.

12. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT

At work, I'm forced to use Internet Explorer to browse the web. It won't let me install any other browsers.

13. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

I have to use the bathroom but it's too comfy and warm to leave the bed.

14. Zorak Masaki

Zorak Masaki Active Member

For some reason, my DVR wont allow me to rewind live television anymore. I can still do it for stuff ive taped on my DVR, but not something im currently watching.

15. Silverstar

Silverstar Ah, No.

I can't use the URL I want to use for my blog because it's already being used by someone else, who hasn't updated their blog in over a year. I came up with kind of a nonsensical substitute URL in the meantime, but recently I've been wanting to change that too, and all of the URLs I like are already taken.

16. defunctzombie

defunctzombie Cutie Pie

Yeah, that happened to me too. Some domain squatter took the .com and twitter versions of my username. Jerk.

17. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Feel Happy!

The Hub has recently placed Tiny Toon Adventures and Animaniacs to early weekday mornings and I can't watch them because I have school during that time.

18. Shawn Hopkins

Some dork in Canada has the .com version of my real name. He doesn't even use it, it just points to his real estate site.

19. CoolEric158

CoolEric158 God Bless America!

So I really, really, REALLY want Batman: Arkham Knight. However, I realized that it is only on the 8th generation consoles, and I have neither XBone or a PS4, I'm too poor to buy a console, my mom definitely won't buy another one, especially since when it comes out I'll be looking at colleges, so having it for less than two years will be a waste, I'm more interested in Wii U, which won't have Arkham Knight, and if it does will be a poorer version of it overall due to little third-party support, and I won't buy a console just to have one game (though if there's more coming for either that I'm interested in, I'll maybe give one a look-see.)

20. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword!

Amazon now lists the street date for the Green Lantern Animated Series Blu-Ray I preordered from them as May 15. .......Can't I buy it directly from WB's store right NOW? Why are they behind like this?