1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

~*First Digitaly Colored Pics*~

Discussion in 'The Drawing Board' started by Trogdor, Jun 19, 2004.

1. Trogdor

Trogdor Self-Reanimated Corpse

Heyo :3 I've got two new drawings, which also happen to be my first ever digitally colored pics :anime:

My Art

This first one was my contribution to an art trade with a fellow deviantART user by the screen name tatetate:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/8206050/

And here's the second pic I've done. It's my avatar from Gaia Online, Baaz-Rei-Rei:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/8212979/

Tate's Art

Here's the original piece that I drew the feline character from:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/7716365/

And here's the pic that Tate did for me of a character you sould find familiar ;)

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/8196066/

#1 Trogdor, Jun 19, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2004
  2. Rune

Rune off(world) model

Cats Mew - very cute and little cool figure, love the ink hair of course :)

Cat's Meow - lovely subtle colours on the figure, there's something not quite right with her left arm / wrist positioning but its not far out, I like this a lot, the only bit I'm not keep on is the coloured background blocks, the streaky effect looks hurried. Otherwise great pic.

Lexus - my fave of the bunch, really nice slinky sexy girl with good colours, esepcially around the end of her hair where the pink n black blends. Trog, its a crying shame you left off her right hand and cut her off at the shins though as a complete figure would look very good indeed and while the Houndoom head is nice in itself I think I'd prefer to see all of Lexcus and Houndoom on a separate piece. Really good work though.

Rei-Rei - I am of course ignorant on the whole Gaia thing but that aside this is quite an interesting Sailor-Moonesque pic ans well coloured too.

3. Trogdor

Um, I didn't draw those. Didn't you read everything? I said that 'The Cat's Meow' is what the character in 'The Cat's Mew' is from, which I did in an art trade in exchange for 'Lexus and Houndoom, dun dun dun...'. But I'm happy that you like tatetate's art, too :anime:

Here's my newest anthro pokemon; Gek, a Grovyle:

Edit: I took it down 'cause it sucks and I'm never coloring this way again. I'll go back and color the linearts with my Prismacolor pencils.

#3 Trogdor, Jun 19, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2004
  4. Rune

Rune off(world) model

To be honest Trog I tend to look at the picture links first as opposed to the write-up 'cos they take a while to load, especially when you go and post a whole bunch at once. So yep, its my bad in this case since you didn't draw all the pics so sorry for the confusion / duff review, you can pick out the bits that are relevant still I'm sure though so I'm not going to edit the post.

I'll look more carefully next time, however if you want people to carry on looking at your artwork you might want to be a little less pithy when they slip up, I took the time to check every picture out after all.

5. Trogdor

It's quite alright, I often make similar mistakes. I'm sorry if I seemed pithy, I really didn't mean to :( I was just letting you know is all :sad: My brother tells me it's best if I say things like that, but I've had my doubts about his beliefs :shrug: *Hugs Reassuringly* I did say that I'm happy you took the time to admire my friend's art, too :anime: I'll go take the links out to reduce confusion if you'd like.

Anyway, I've got 3 new anthro PokeMon :)

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/8258287/
    Gek the Grovyle

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/8258488/
    Electra the Pikachu

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/8258612/
    Maryl the Azumarill

6. Rune

Rune off(world) model

No probs Trog :)

Gek - nice design here, I like the slender lines to the body and the colours are good. The red is a bit uneven around the chest area which draws the eye a bit but that aside very cool.

Electra- this one is my favourite, her face is really sweet and captures the electric Pokemon she's related to. Plus she just looks fun :D

Maryl - unusual yet undoubtedly cute, the shading around the waist works very nicely. Good to see some rounder characters amongst all the skinny ones too ^_^

7. Trogdor

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rune
    Maryl - unusual yet undoubtedly cute, the shading around the waist works very nicely. Good to see some rounder characters amongst all the skinny ones too ^_^

Thanks, glad you like 'er :) I need to do more rounder characters to add to my gallery's variety. They also seem to be quite popular among a rather large group of people on dA. I've found multiple users who draw nothing but heavier females. Anyway, as it says in the description on the webpage, I drew Maryl that way because:
    A) It's different, and
    B) Azumarills are round and can have the special ability Thick Fat (Which, on a different note, isn't as good as Super Power, the other ability. Which, if I may ramble even further off track for a moment, can only be obtained through breeding. Or I could just have bad luck catching Marills with Super Power... But I know that the Azurill I bred was the only one I ever got with that particular ability... Oh, sorry, too far off track. But I'm not deleting anything after typing for this long, so deal with it :p)

Also, is it okay if I make a new thread with this next big drawing I'm doing? It centers around Weird Al, and it takes up an entire sheet of paper, so I wanted to make a single discussion thread just for it like Delia does for her Al fanart. I'm sure it's alright and not considered spam, seeing as how Delia made two separate threads for her Jedi Al works-in-progress, I'm just checking to clarify that it's not against the rules or anything.

8. Rune

Rune off(world) model

Yeah no probs, go right ahead :)