1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

World's Finest Writer's Corner Fire Dance

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by Tonbo_Rosso, May 7, 2001.

1. Tonbo_Rosso

Tonbo_Rosso Puppet Maker

Fire Dance
    By Tombo Rosso

rioja rioja
    reverend al green

The lights on the patrons of the Cat's Den flashed dizzily as they danced to the techno beat. From one corner of the club, a tall girl with hair like fire walked to the center of the dance floor swaying slightly to the beat. Upon her Indian brown face she wore a challenging smile for her partner across the room.

From across the room a pale young man swaggered to the center of the dancefloor. His hair tousled and half fell into his eyes, but it couldn't hide the answering grin on his ghostly pale face.

The two met each other in the center of the room and began to circle. The two weren't there to dance though.

deep blue morocco
    the water on stone
    the water on concrete
    the water on sand
    the water on firesmoke

Without warning, other than the tilt of a brow, the man pulled out a customized Scorpion and shot at the ceiling, sending those around them to the floor in panic. The girl unsheathed a katana, pointed it at the nearest kid, and began collecting loot.

the wind the salt the bright boat coming dave in the water old man einstein on top of his house white deep blue andaluzia red yellow
    red yellow black car red light far black place walls blue chair morocco
    hamburg paris the pieces of the puzzle are waiting the water of the
    dark boats gliding bright boats gone out to sea and dave is floating
    dave is floating an old man einstein crazy in his attic

From the catwalk, a dark shadow descended upon the gunman. Forcing him to the ground, the Dark Knight bat-cuffed the man and stood to survey the scene before him. Behind him, the Boy Wonder landed in a squat, stood up, and started for the girl.

She turned on Robin with lightning speed and would have turned him into twins had a bolt not forced her blade to the side. Unfazed, she turned to her partner. " Hey Saru, having fun yet?"

Saru nodded and with a swift movement, of the army-boot-to-rear kind, sent Batman head first into Robin. From the rafters above, a droplet of darkness dropped into the fray below.

crazycrazycrazycrazy...

Before she got up from her crouch, Hollye cocked her crossbow and placed another bolt between her teeth. Robin pulled him self out from under Batman in time to see Hollye face the girl with flaming hair.

"Welcome home, Hiramiaku-san." Hollye said into the defining quiet and the fight resumed.

white room sun room shadow room night transmitting cars across the room these things sent to dance across the room i'm watching from your bed

From her place in front of Hollye, Hiramiaku did a back flip onto Saru's shoulders that would make Cat woman jealous. Once there, the two jumped, Hiramiaku at the Dark Knight, katana raised, Saru to the right to land in a crouch and began shooting at the Dark Knight.

returning to you

Hollye stood in the center of the battle and gazed at the panicked patrons until she realized Robin was in front of her. Instinctively, she pulled her self into a fighting stance.

"What are you doing here?" Robin cried over the pounding music.

"None of your business, shonen!" Hiramiaku yelled as she sailed over Hollye's shoulders, almost slicing Robin's "R" off, but only connecting with a baterang.
    "Don't bother with him, he's mine." Hollye said as she rolled under Hiramiaku's back flip. Standing up, she proceeded to tenderize Boy Wonder.

rioja rioja
    reverend al green
    deep blue morocco
    the water on stone
    the water on concrete
    the water on sand
    the water on firesmoke

On the other side of the dance floor Batman was fighting a losing battle with the synchronized duo. Between the flips and pop shots for his ear, they were still grabbing loot.

Saru back flipped to the center of the room and stopped in a high kick. Hiramiaku did a running flip onto his up raised foot and raised here foot up, too.

" Well, this has been fun, kids, but we do have other engagements tonight, so ja ne." With a flick of her foot, Hiramiaku was yanked upward out of view.

" Next time, you use straightjacket, ne? Sayonara!" Saru remarked in heavely accented English and, too, yanked out of view.

the wind the salt the bright boat coming dave in the water old man
    einstein on top of his house white deep blue andaluzia red yellow
    red yellow black car red light far black place walls blue chair morocco
    hamburg paris the pieces of the puzzle are waiting the water of the
    dark boats gliding bright boats gone out to sea and dave is floating
    dave is floating an old man einstein crazy in his attic

The Dark Knight and Boy Wonder raced after the two leaving the dancers to pick themselves up. Hollye stepped in front of one the patrons and set not just her vivid green eyes on him but her crossbow's laser pointer as well. He noticed the light on him looked up in fear at the little girl in front of him. With a last gasp of panic, all went black.

crazycrazycrazycrazy...

Disclaimer: Lyrics used are from Underworld's "Pearl Girl", from the Saint soundtrack. Instead of writing about what I don't own in this fic, I'm going to tell you what I do own. I own Hiramiaku and Saru. That's it. I was allowed to use the disturbed child's (Daughter of Evil) character, so I don't own her either. This story has no bearing on her current fanfiction, Shadows of Angels, but utilizes characters used there.

If you enjoyed this fic please tell me at crimsondragonfly@hotmail.com, and if you didn?t please write to Idontgive@wonthearfromme.com (i.e. not a real address).