1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Fin N' Catty

Discussion in 'Back To The Inkwell - Classic Cartoons Discussion' started by Kevin Mo, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Kevin Mo

Kevin Mo @Bugssponge

Cartoon Fin N' Catty, WB claims to own copyrights but the copyright expired 44 years ago. My video was taken down even though all 15 cartoons were PD.

Fin N' Catty is in the public domain, I uploaded the 1995 dubbed version of the cartoon.

Should i submit a counter-notification claim with fake info, of course, lol. @A-Cecil or @NewBogus :) .

Sorry if i mentioned your names, but i need this question answered.

2. A-Cecil

A-Cecil Member

I'm not sure, though

3. Kevin Mo

Kevin Mo @Bugssponge

It's a public domain cartoon it cannot be taken down for copyright claims.

4. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

YouTube really needs to fix their copyright system. Can you tell them that it's public domain? I'm not sure how the appeal process works.

5. Kevin Mo

Kevin Mo @Bugssponge

I'll have to give them fake addresses but ill try doing a counter-notification.

6. Kevin Mo

Kevin Mo @Bugssponge

Actually, @PinkiePie97, I did not know this. A WB representative sent me a document from 1970, that's right, 1970. The copyright was actually renewed, although not on the copyright office records, although I can check again, the video is gone now. Now, we know what date the cartoon was reissued, 12/21/48, and renewed 1/8/70.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net...tration.pdf/revision/latest?cb=20161220022726

7. DVDLooney

DVDLooney Active Member

I wish I had the answer for you. I agree with what @PinkiePie97 said. I think YouTube really needs to handle their copyright system better than they're doing.

8. Kevin Mo

Kevin Mo @Bugssponge

Well DVD Looney, I actually posted the link to view the United Artists copyright renewal. Now I have one more question for you that maybe you can put in the long dubbed discussion?

Have you seen the USA dubbed print of Honeymoon Hotel?

9. Kevin Mo

Kevin Mo @Bugssponge

10. Daffyrocks

Daffyrocks Woo-hoo-hooo!

Both the copyright systems of Youtube and Dailymotion became very evil. They just don't allow certain full shorts to be uploaded like they are some sort of devils. I got through this fates a lot of times already, and I already got tired.

I JUST WANT THESE VIDEO SITES TO LET THE OTHERS SEE RARE CARTOONS FOR FREE, THAT'S ALL! But no, their owner (Warner Bros) is to precaut and doesn't want their precious pictures to be exhibited randomly by some "morons" like us. They just want their shorts to be closed in the vault, not to be seen by anybody in no way. Be it legal or illegal

11. Kevin Mo

Kevin Mo @Bugssponge

Warner Bros. should be able to collect money off the shorts that are uploaded. We aren't uploading them to earn money ourselves but for other people to see. If they are collecting money from ads and views, it should be fine.

Although a lot of MGM cartoons except Tom and Jerry are w/o copyright protection. DailyMotion isn't as bad as YouTube but a lot of shorts are copyright rejected on DM. Rare cartoons like Bosko's Parlor Pranks should be seen for free, especially if they are never released on any home video. There are many shorts not released on home video period and are still copyrighted yet we can't see them on any type of form like they are lost.

• Winner Winner x 1