1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fifi La Fume

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by dth1971, Sep 21, 2003.

1. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

Are there any fans out there who love the Tiny Toon Adventures female French speaking skunk named Fifi La Fume? She has similarities to Looney Tunes' Pepe Le Pew.

2. Hatter

Hatter Active Member

She was hot.

3. candy17

candy17 Black, White, and Amorous

Stink or Swim...Again

I like Fifi because she could play as a girl version of Pepe Le Pew and as friends to Babs and Shirley the Loon. While I did like her, I liked Pepe more.

4. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

I never really got into Fifi; she seemed to be an exact copy of Pepe LePew except she was a girl and had purple fur. Atleast the other characters usually managed to add some interesting changes to their old school counterparts.

5. Kryten

Kryten I've been Pony'd

Oh, I don't know about that. Pepe was blissfully unaware of his B.O. problem, while Fifi knew she stank but didn't care, and wasn't above using it to her advantage.

Also, Pepe pretty much acted like he was god's gift to women, while Fifi was just boy-crazy, but didn't have an over-inflated sense of self.

6. Lonestarr

Lonestarr Stop eating my sesame cake!
    Staff Member Moderator

The title card and upside-down closeup of her eyes in "Love Stinks" enabled Fifi to carve a spot in my heart. With the advent of the Internet (and fanart), my affection grew. I consider her one of the most attractive cartoon characters of all (and if that makes me wrong, I never want to be right).

In terms of the show, now that I think about it, she never had that much to do. The pair of episodes with elements borrowed from Pepe Le Pew cartoons ("Aroma Amore" and the aforementioned "Love Stinks") were pretty good, while her starring episode ("Out of Odor") was pretty blah. Her best moments were as a supporting character ("The Making of Kon Ducki", "The Amazing Three", "The Horror of Slumber Party Mountain").

This thread begs the inevitable question: Where in the world is finbarlafume? He'd love this.

7. G. Wen

G. Wen aspiring artist

I like Fifi better than Pepe. Pepe is horny to the point where he's annoying.

8. UmmYeahOk

UmmYeahOk l33t haxx0r Narf!

Sorry, I was just now watching Night Ghoulery, and found a clip that seemed appropriate here. There was an overweight obsessed fan, sort of like the ones in Animaniacs Please Please Please Get A Life Foundation... "In the cartoon, "The Amazing Three," there was a slight flutter on Fifi's face in scene 433, and I wanted to know if that was an "in joke," or a mistake. And when is Fifi going to get her own series?"

Someone asked for it a month later, so I felt, why not add it here to aid your claim?
    [​IMG]

9. J. B. Warner

J. B. Warner Increasing my wordiness

Fifi's one of the main reasons I miss "Tiny Toon Adventures" so much. She was certainly one of the better counterparts that stayed true to her originator (unlike Elmyra. Montana Max, or Fowlmouth, who were almost nothing like their Looney Tunes mentors).

And heck, to make all you fanboys happy, here's a nice pic I found.
    http://www.angel-hare.com/acorn/tta/pic/misc/Sq-Fifi-02.jpg

10. zorinlynx

zorinlynx Member

Fifi had a HUGE following in the Internet TTA fandom through the 1990's. If you go to google groups and search alt.tv.tiny-toon and alt.tv.tiny-toon.fandom for the word "Fifi", you will see big the following was. I was a Fifi fan too!

Obviously the writers of that particular special must have been aware of this following, and inserted that joke just for us. I know I fell over laughing when I heard that, because it rang so close to home.

-Z

11. Psycho Fox

Psycho Fox Toonix Guru

No kidding ;)

In the 1992 Comics Buyer’s Guide Dini wrote this:

"Fifi and Shirley the Loon Stuffed Dolls - These aren't real high
    on my list, but a lot of fans wrote in to Warners requesting them.
    Most of these fans weren't kids but older male viewers who really
    like the cuddlier female members of the TINY TOONS cast. Not my idea
    of a good time, but, hey, whatever gets you through the night, y'know?

I hate to scrooge your Yule, but there will probably be no more TINY
    TOONS merchandising. The initial spate of junk didn't sell, because
    the licensees though it was a baby property like "Muppet Babies" and
    designed the toys and stuffed animals accordingly. After the show
    premiered, it stunned WB licensing folks to learn the older kids and young
    adults who were the show's regular viewers wanted hipper merchandise of
    the characters, but there was nothing to sell them. Consequently the
    T.TOON toy line floundered, and if you want a Shirley or Fifi this
    Christmas, you'll have to ask Santa or draw up your own doll pattern."

12. UmmYeahOk

I was 8 years old when the merchandising came out. They were sold in the baby department at JC Pennys. I say "baby" because being 8 years old, and the smallest in my class, all of the TTA clothes were too small for me!!! And the stuff animals were displayed in that area. When Buster, Babs, Furball, Plucky, and Dizzy were no longer being stocked you could find them at KB Toys 2 years later. However they had packaging, and were completely redesigned in such a way that you KNEW they were ment for babies. That and they were also once again displayed in that age groups section. Then another year went buy and really cheap versions of little beeper and calamity could be seen given away as prizes at arcades.

I never won Calamidy, and never got Dizzy. My collection isnt complete :sweat:

13. UmmYeahOk

To add to this, I cant understand why TTA A! and P&TB had such POOR marketing. I got an allowence and WANTED such items!!! But they dont seem to have a problem merchandising power rangers, pokémon, yugioh, etc :mad: Whats up with this?!?

14. kiddiesunshine

kiddiesunshine Active Member

Oh boy oh boy did I have the biggest crush on Fifi Lafume when was younger. Screw that! That's still my baby. I just think she is the sweetest little thing who just wants someone to love. She can't help it if she stinks. I'd be willing to work with that. See now I feel pitiful for professing my love for a cartoon character. But she was perfect!

15. UmmYeahOk

I wouldnt worry about the stink. In her cameo in Animaniacs, she worked and owned her own perfume shop.

16. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Wish I could watch Night Ghoulery. Le sigh.

17. Baltofan

Baltofan Active Member

I love Fifi La Fume, and I wish there was more fan pages!

18. Johnlindsey289

Oh hell yeh! i had such a major crush on her when i was young and still do! i can't wait until Tiny Toons hits DVD then fanboys including me can see more of the hottest skunk ever!

19. Christopher Glennon

Christopher Glennon Punch Drunk Flounder
    Staff Member Reporter

When was she on Animaniacs?

I'm going to chime in and admit I had a thing for Fifi as well. I got real ticked that time Elmira captured her.

20. Narfpinky

Narfpinky ~splash~
    Staff Member Moderator

It was a cameo appearence in "Survey Ladies" where :yakko: :wakko: and :dot: are shopping for a birthday gift for :scratchy: . The Warners enter her shop and Fifi offers various suggestions.