Feedback For Stories Posted Here

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by Barb Gordon, May 19, 2004.

1. stargirl

stargirl Active Member

What is feedback?

I don't really know what feedback is :confused:, but...

I really like the "Pain" poem by TokyoMeowMeow. Very deep, has a different point of view, like I posted in its thread. :D

2. JTX

JTX Member

Looks like you didn't read the first post right? Is when you want people to learn about your story if it doesn't have many reviews, but don't exaggerrate on putting all your stories here just for feedback, just one at a time.

3. Kylewayne

Kylewayne Mrs. Outlander00

Nicely said JTX! =D

4. stargirl

stargirl Active Member

Now I understand. Thanks!:sweat:

5. AdamYJ

AdamYJ The Saturday Morning Kid

I'm going to have to work on reading and commenting on other people's stories.

6. Tenku

Tenku D-don't come any closer!

*raises her hand* Yo, more feedback for Chaos. :)

7. stargirl

stargirl Active Member

Anyone?

*raises hand too* :sad: Hello, more feedback for Grease, please?:anime:

8. Reket

Reket ~>Random Cliffy Lover

I'd like it if there was some feedback for The Midnight Sweep

9. GravyHead

GravyHead New Member

Anyone who wants to leave feedback or freelance stories for the Cartoon Network Inquirer or Nicktoon Inquirer feel free to do so. I'm sure the staff would appreciate it. Dr. Schrewy still has a fear of new people so say what you want, just don't hug the guy.

10. tarastrongrules

hello if anyone would like to read and reveiw my story "BORDERLINE-PRINCESS" i would be so happy to hear what you think!!! and i will read and reveiw your stories we writers should support each other!!!:p :p thank you:raven:

11. Baltofan

Baltofan Active Member

I want someone to read and review Nashville Stars Part 1 and 2.

12. tarastrongrules

WOW listen to us starving artists!!:p :p i'll read the nashville i and 2 could you read and reveiw "BORDERLINE-PRINCESS" its really short and silly but good..i hope i think so.

13. Dirty Dawg

Dirty Dawg Chinese Democracy starts NOW!

I need some feedback for Future Ed of An Alternate Timeline

14. RisanF

RisanF Member

I understand how this is an issue, but why not go a step further and organize a review exchange system? I've worked out things like this before, and it's proved beneficial to both me and the person I did the exchange with.

15. KPTitan

KPTitan The Doc is in...

Hmm...is it possible to ask for feedback on the other forums on TZ? This is just my opinion, but maybe there should be a fanfic feedback thread on each TZ forum to increase the chances of more viewers on the Story Board.

I don't think you guys should give up on your stories, no matter what people say about it, how many reviews you get, ect. It's your story, your goal to make you own story, especially if you greatly enjoy writing it.:) I imagine there are people reading my fanfic on here that think I might have given up on writing it, but I didn't. I'm just so crammed with other stuff in my life, but the story shall go on!:D

16. Radical Raven

Radical Raven Bow bow bow, bow bow bow...

Maybe we could advertise our stories in our sigs....

And could somebody make the post boxes here less wide, by any chance? A story that takes up a page in my word processor looks ridiculously short here.

17. guerillacropoli

At fictionpress, they have a forum for getting feedback. Authors give the previous reply's story feedback (on the actual story), and then leave their own title to request feedback. Their rules are simple: give two qualities of the story you like, explaining why, and explain why you think two areas of the story could be better. Detailed feedback is the best (about a paragraph for positive feedback, and a paragraph of constructive feedback, or two paragraphs with the types of feedback mixed together).

Here is my example from tarastrongrules's story, Borderline Princess (if you don't want this posted in this thread, let me know and I will edit it and paste one of the reviews for my story from fictionpress):

I enjoyed this story. It's very funny, and uses Scientology to give the story a good sense of humor. I liked seeing Tom Cruise in the role of a super-villain. His character was hilarious; I especially like the part where he went all Cyclops and shot red beams from his eyes. You need to develop Borderline Princess more though. What does she look like? Does she have borderline personality disorder? I couldn't understand why she had that name. I pictured her as one of the Powerpuff girls, but you might have envisioned something completely different.

I also like the story's length. For a joke story, it's just long enough to have somewhat of a story, but short enough that the joke doesn't get played out. Very good balance between storytelling and humor.

My biggest gripe is the inconsistent capitalization and punctuation. There are a lot of misspelled words (hint: type into a MS Word and cut and paste before you post. The grammar and spelling problems will be underlined). Also, you don't capitalize consistently. For example, sometimes you capitalize Tom Cruise's name, but sometimes you don't. I found this distracting. I couldn't figure out if it was something you were doing on purpose for style, or if you just forgot to capitalize. Make sure whatever rules you use for grammar/capitalization, they stay the same throughout.

Overall, a good story; just needs a little proofreading.
    Again, please don't post the review in the feedback thread. I'm just using this as an example of quality (I hope) feedback.

That being said:

Borderline Princess reviewed.

Please review Scorch.

18. Baltofan

Baltofan Active Member

I want some feedback for my latest Rescue Rangers fic, and it's called Pioneers.

19. Mist

Mist Celebrating 20 Years of Sonic

20. Baltofan

Baltofan Active Member