Feedback For Stories Posted Here

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by Barb Gordon, May 19, 2004.

1. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

Hey all. A few of the other SB mods and myself thought that this issue finally needed to be addressed. The issue being, lack of feedback comments for some of the stories here.
    It's more or less like the old saying "treat others the way you would like to be treated". If you want feedback on your stories, then it's only fair that you should try commenting on other stories here at the Story Board.

It would also be good to keep in mind that, for now, the Story Board is still a very low traffic, slow place. That will change, most definitely, but bear with us for now. Sometimes you might not get feedback on your story for a few days, maybe even a week or so.

Also, I know for me at least, I tend to not want to read stories in which I don't know the characters or watch the show it is based on. But I really think we all need to attempt to read each other's work, whether we're familiar with the genre and characters or not. Even if you're not familiar with the characters, you can at least comment on the author's writing style and offer constructive criticism.

Some of us, mods included, just need to make a little more effort in trying to comment on stories. The only way everyone will get feedback on their stories, even just one comment, will be if all of us here make an effort to be a tighter community.

~Barb

2. cross blues

cross blues Active Member

I wouldn't call myself a frequent visitor, but I check out the story board occasionally. I could/would offer my opinions on the stories and poetry I read here, but would anybody care? Since I haven't submitted any of my own writing, you have no base to judge whether I am worth listening to or not. I could post and hope for you to take something from it, but I'd rather not clutter the board with my comments if it's pointless for me to do so. (awaiting comments - if any of you would like my opinions since traffic around this part of TZ is light, I'd be glad to give them.)

3. can_i_live_777

can_i_live_777 Irish Ninja

Yeah, sure dude. Go ahead and review. Like you said, this is a very low traffic board. More reviews are always, ALWAYS, welcome.

4. Neko Konneko

Neko Konneko ticked off

Yea on my story i waited at least a week before my first reply. But I reply to just about everything I read!

5. ArtificialIdiot

ArtificialIdiot Doktor Aies

Sometimes writers just want to know they have at least somebody actually reading their work and vocally approving/disapproving. Sometimes it just spurs them on to continue rather than thinking 'Well, hold on, it's obvious nobody is reading this... So why am I even bothering?'.

6. Reket

Reket ~>Random Cliffy Lover

hi, this is my first time on the story board.

Do the stories necessarily need to be based off of a toon or characters, or can it be completely off? and is there a length limit?

7. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

Your stories can be completely original, and can be in any length or style. Even foul language and situations are allowed, as long as there are disclaimers in the title and/or first post of the story.

The only reason a story can't be posted here is if it's based in the DCAU continuity; anything of that sort should be posted at the WFFF boards. :)

-Tim

8. Kylewayne

Kylewayne Mrs. Outlander00

9. White Raven

White Raven Official Cookie Distributor

Awesome. I have to agree. Even if what you have to say is negative, just put it politely, and its better than nothing.

Oh, perhaps we should have a system for edits, like the F# edit system, from the Megatokyo Forums, (currently down, or I'd post the details here. Pretty much it is each F# signifies a different level of harshness.

10. Zerla

Zerla Oh, my badly colored stars!

I would like to have feedback on my MST3K fanfics just to know that more than 74 people read them. I don't care if it's comments like "That fic needed a MSTing" or "**** you! I like that fic!."

11. Reket

Dang, there are no posts on anything, ever, only like one or two people that post feedback. I'd appreciate it if there was some feedback on Ch. Story: Forceful Encounters

12. Tenku

Tenku D-don't come any closer!

I think it's because people don't want to say the...how can I put this... the common complement. Like, "It's good," and the like. And it's a possibility that the thought of that shys them away.

Or, they think that they only have to post critiques/stories/poems/etc. here. :sad:

13. Reket

I would actually have no problem with that. Hear me everyone!?!? I'd just like to know that someone was reading it at all, that's what's up.

14. FredVelDaphFan

FredVelDaphFan Is a human being

Constructive criticism is the key word here. A review like "WTF was that? It sucked" or "OMG Kewwwwwllllllieeeeessssssss!!!!!111111 make more!" doesn't help a writer who might be really looking for help.

15. Baltofan

Baltofan Active Member

I would love to have some feedback on my new 9/11/2001 fic, but no *** please!

16. MR.MXYZPTLK

MR.MXYZPTLK Mild Mannered Reporter

Hi

i think the megas xlr stories are quite good but i prefer it when people do orginal stories instead of fan fic

17. MR.MXYZPTLK

oh i read some of youres and i think its really good some great descriptive words and some intresting scenes keep up the good work

18. MR.MXYZPTLK

News

Id just like to say ive started a book called news its set in the future and its about a newsreporter who goes to tokyo to interveiw the maker of the first robot with intelligence but when he gets there a war breaks out and he must fight for survival anyone intrested:confused:

19. Reket

I'd appreciate some feedback on a really short little story. IT's not that long, it'll take you only a few minutes to read and it's not continuous or anything!

It's called Voices of the War (short tragic love story)

20. Agent S7

Agent S7 Destined to Rock

It is a time of chaos.​
    Palpatine's New Order has been formed.​
    A small number of anarchist rebels have risen to challenge the New Order.​
    These are the Dark Times.​
    These are the times...of the Empire...​
    [​IMG]
    Feedback Appreciated!​
    ~s7​