1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Febuary's Drawing Board Open - LOVE IS..!

Discussion in 'The Drawing Board' started by Frozen, Jan 31, 2003.

1. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

gorgeous NF! That's such a touchy and adorable pic. Love the completely different expressions on the faces, and I rather like the background! Any title for this?

~Barb

2. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Lovely NF! another charming picture for our collection here! Who could have thought such a short month would churn out so many pictures!

3. Nightflower

Nightflower Floral Mod Extraordinaire

"Love is.... clumsy (sometimes)"

I've been coloring on the computer for three years now. I don't think I asked about coloring to Silver Knight.. ^_^'

The background: First I did, in fact, use a fill tool, and colored it all dark blue. Then I added lighter shades to the top, and blended them in with the smudge tool.

The lights are done with a brush at low opacity, and a big size, and lightly dabbing on. Then I go back to certain dots and add another dot at a smaller size. I also added white to the center of some of them. Then I blurred everything a bit, and smudged around them.

Hope that answers your question. ^_^' I'm glad you like the background! I personally don't.

4. Outlander00

Outlander00 Another Stand Alone Complex

Its an adorwable pic Night :D

5. Casity

Casity The BatThing

Thanks for answering my question. I am such a newbie to all of this, but I am trying.

Oops, I guess I need to check out who it was. I just know some one did. Heh. Ok, well. Keep drawing.

6. Marc

Marc Friend from another star?

Hey now, let’s not forget old Cap. I’m ever the procrastinator, but nevertheless here is my meager entry into this month’s contest. I had intended to enter three consecutive pics, each featuring my own original characters, but personal commitments have kept me away from my drawing table for the past few days, so this is all I’ve got. I know this is supposed to be a February/Valentine’s Day theme, but I chose to focus on a father/son kind of love, as opposed to romantic love. I hope that is acceptable.

Anyway, this is a scene from the conclusion of Act II of my as yet unpublished superhero saga;
    Infinity Force leader Steven “Stronghold” Armstrong has turned his back on his allies and the world, having lost faith in humanity and his mission. Mankind is nearing the brink of war, and the superpowered populace may be helpless to prevent it. However, soon after the birth of his son Kyle, Steven rediscovers his purpose as a man and as a hero. But will he be too late to prevent Armageddon? Well...I can’t reveal all my secrets.
    Here Steven holds his newborn son in his arms for the first time. Kyle represents a glimmer of hope for the world, and he will grow up to become the greatest hero in my little fictional universe.

[​IMG]

I know it isn’t much, but this scene from my story is very special to me and I thought I’d share it.

- Cap

7. Alaskanbullworm

Alaskanbullworm Looks like I'm back!

Heh heh, :D I promise this will be the last one from me, I just needed to do this though. (Sorry Frozen :D )

These2 characters are Invader Zim on the left and Tak on the right. In the Invader Zim episode "Tak: The Hideous New Girl" Zim thinks she is in love with him, but all she ever does is slap any form of meat on him to make him feel pain. This picture has her spraying BBQ sauce in his face. I called it "Love is......BLIND"

[​IMG]

And here is one........in Neon Form.

[​IMG]

8. Nightflower

9. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

Very cute, Cap - and very...erm...jovial, Patrick. I think I like the "radioactive" version even more. :D

-Tim

10. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Cap, Patrick - great, very different moods and styles there! Carefully crafted pieces from both of you but also such different atmospheres too.

Cap - first time I've seen lens flare really bring a pic to life!!

Pat - The neon one is so funky! :)

11. Casity

Casity The BatThing

What about Grr? I love Grr? Zim is a good show! Hehehee! My fav, episode is the first. When Grr sings the Doom song.

Cap, wow. That is perfect. I love originals. I love my originals too, more than my others based off other things. Originals are great! I think the father son thing is perfectly allright. Why not? Heh, it doesn't have to be romantic... *looks around* I don't think.

Anyhow, the sun in the background did a lot for you. I enjoyed it perfectly. It was cute, and has a wonderful story line behind it.

-Casity

12. Salvor

Salvor You can't take a picture of it

Cap: really sweet work. Th expression onthe man's face is perfect.

Patrick: lol, i love the radioactive version!

13. Steve Jester

Steve Jester jesteranimefreak was here

Since many are making a second entry I will too:

[​IMG]

I actually colored this one on my own. :D

This one's from my fanfic Love Lost, Then Found

How do you like this one?

#273 Steve Jester, Feb 23, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2003
  14. Casity

Casity The BatThing

Why didn't you color your other one? Heh, you are great with the painting, much better than I am. I think it's the hardest thing in the world, but I need to learn. Ack.

You are doing better with the hands, heh. I am enjoying the work, the helmet was well done, cool. It's looking good.

-Casity

15. Steve Jester

Steve Jester jesteranimefreak was here

The "helmet" is her hair, my soruce images showed very little detail for her hair, so I kept is simple.

I didn't color the other one because I didn't have a working coloring program.

16. Casity

Casity The BatThing

Oops. When it first downloaded it was the first thing that caught my eye. And I guess I focused a little to much on it. *Grins* Yeah, there is one skill I don't have. It seems I make a rather large fool of myself all over this board.

I was wondering about the paint, you are really good at it. It takes me days on end to work with mine, and I mix the two I have. The old one and the newer one.

Sorry about the mistake.

17. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Nice colours. Great to see people mastering Photoshop - it gets easier! Promise! Cool second entry! Unusual and memorable style you have!

18. Nightflower

Oh.... why not.

"Love is... nice."

(It's a Julia Roberts flick on The Simpsons! :D)

[​IMG]

19. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

I love cute pictures. A hug can go a long way!

Like the suggestion of background and I like the positioning - especially that "young lady's" head on his shoulder. Very fitting to the title..

God knows how many entires this makes. Frozen is going to pop an icicle when he sees how many have popped up this weekend!

20. Outlander00

Outlander00 Another Stand Alone Complex

Or a couple of Igloo bricks :p