1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Febuary's Drawing Board Open - LOVE IS..!

Discussion in 'The Drawing Board' started by Frozen, Jan 31, 2003.

1. Frozen

Frozen When Hell freezes over.

Hello one and all, and welcome to Febuary's Drawing Board Open!

OK, for the benefit of any first timers, let me introduce the general concept.
    On the first of every month I'll be starting a new competition with a given theme open to each and every person who wishes to post a picture (or pictures), in any medium from pencil to pastel, from photoshop to photography proper. You must then post your entries in this thread (which will be stuck at the top of the Drawing Board).

Your vote counts!
    Then, on the 25th of each month, the window for posting your entries closes, and I'll throw the voting open to everybody on Toon Zone, even those who haven't posted a picture, to sudmit their votes to me (and from now on, voting for your own picture isn't allowed!). The system will be familiar to those of you who have taken part in the Cafe's Avatar contests: Give your favourite piece three votes, your second favourite two votes, and your third favourite one vote.

And the winner is..!
    Then, on the last day of the month, voting will be closed, and I will declare a winner, based on your votes, as well as two runners up. Winners will get to stick their tongues out at the other entants and gloat to their friends.

Clear as mud?

Good, the we'll begin... :D

And your theme for the Febuary's Drawing Board Open is...

*drum roll*

Love is...

That's right folks - "Love is...". Show us your romantic side, and showcase the classic lovers from either TV, film, or literature, or show us something more personal like your partner, or your the object of your affection!

It can be anybody you like - from your girl/boyfriend, Han and Leia, Joker and Harley, Hamlet and Ophelia... anything, anything at all so long as it falls under the theme "Love is..."!

So, whatcha waitin' for? Your deadline is 25th Febuary, and then the votin' starts - no time to waste... start now!!!

2. Ramso

Ramso Wants to be syndicated

I've already got an idea for my drawing (and yes, it'll be different than the last.). Quick question, though.

February only has 28 days in it. Should that affect the voting date at all?

3. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

Well mines nearly done. I've just gotta add a background.

4. Frozen

Frozen When Hell freezes over.

Not really - I'll just extend the voting into March.

Looking forward to seeing your entry! :)

5. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Love is.... rather uninspiring at this moment.. I think my last one sapped my romantic energy... I think I'll have to ponder this one...

6. Bic

Bic Acid-filled Twinkies!!!

...tragic

Originaly done for the Famous First contest (tho I forgot the 25th was the deadline and not the end of the month... gomen), imagine my suprise that this can also fit for the feb. contest... and I'll be early!! :p

Since it's Feb 1 where Frozen is as I'm typing this... :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#6 Bic, Feb 1, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2007
  7. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Re: ...tragic

That's beautiful, and wonderful timing as I only caught 'Growing Pains' for the first time yesterday. Freaky.

Lovely. A perfect picture that will be tough to beat. Colour is smooth and the colours warm and inviting - in a hollow cold bleak way! A negative one on love to kick off!

Sorry late. Sentences bad.. :)

8. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

Damnit Bic, thanks a lot for setting the bar so high with the VERY FIRST PICTURE!

Seriously though, it kicks! I love it! The episode you based it on was great, and even though Robin KNEW in the end that Annie was just Clayface, she still stole his heart. Very, very sad episode, and a great picture, too.

-Tim

9. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

oh...wow....my god! You are amazing! That's simply one of the coolest, best designed, colored and imagined pictures I have ever seen! Heart-whrenching as heck as well. Just, wow. *shakes fist* darn you for doing so beautiful and emotion provoking a piece for everyone else to try and match!

~Barb

10. SilverKnight

SilverKnight Sigh.

That's it. I quit. There's no way I could possibly surpass something like this.

(That's supposed to be a compliment, by the way. :D)

11. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Hehe. Just have to get rid of the competiton (sends assassin-mice in tiny cute package to Bic's house....)

Seriously, wouldn't want to follow that one up!

12. Storm

Storm Active Member

Wow Bic you're awesome. I just love that pic. Robin and Annie forever :D

13. Cyber E.

Cyber E. Active Member

Re: ...tragic

Hey, I might actually enter this one (unable to do the last one because of reasons I don't want you to know). Although from what I saw last time it seems I might have to go against some big "enemies". o_O

Good god, first day of the frickin' contest and you already made half the people not even try! It is sweet in a super sweet way though.

14. Outlander00

Outlander00 Another Stand Alone Complex

Bic, you CHEATED!! :p

Its very cool, man. Very thought provoking.

15. ZorBrak

ZorBrak I AM A BUFFET OF MANLINESS.

Oh yes since I'm mushy I shall enjoy this ^_^. Hmm Maybe I'll draw Arwen and Aragorn....dunno yet, but I'll make something nice :).

16. Alaskanbullworm

Alaskanbullworm Looks like I'm back!

I have the best idea for this, and if you watch the kissing scene in this Mondays Clone High, then you'll know who I'll be doing.

17. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

'Tis A Good Dream

Well I'm actually straying from Dick & Babs *gasp*, or anything Batman related for that matter *gasp*. SJJ gave me the idea of something Arwen and Aragorn related (sorry Zorbrak, beat you on that thought by like a week, not like it matters :p ). But that's not what you'll see,lol, kinda. There's an original one I've been working on for a few days now that I'm stuck with, so to help me with some ideas I started some another sketch...except I liked this one more then my original idea. So here this one is until I finish my first. Arwen & Aragorn, roughly concerning him being hurt and a dream image of her being there.

~ Love Is Unforgettable ~

Attached Files:

• aa2.jpg
      aa2.jpg
      File size:
      15.5 KB
      Views:
  18. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

Hey Barb, those are some nice face shapes you have going on there - very nice indeed. I can't wait to see how it turns out coloured. :)

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go on and do mine, now. *VANISHES*

-Tim

19. Nightflower

Nightflower Floral Mod Extraordinaire

I think I'll take a stab.

Borrowing a page from Bic's, to continue on a TRAGIC theme.. :)

[​IMG]

Love is... not without its problems. I can't think of a better caption. -_-'

It was originally supposed to be a picture of my fan character Kayla, and a guy named Tom in a story wrote, but the way it turned out, it can pretty much apply to any situation. He screwed up. She's pregnant. She's tired. Hurray, viewer's interpretation! =)

I might submit another entry if I have time, but no promises.

20. skite

skite i was saying boourns

wow the competition is to high for me heck i cant even color mine the only paint program i have is photoshop and i dont think ill do well in painting but im practicing :deedee: